Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
donskar
donskar

Re: Ferrari F60

noname wrote:http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 3818.shtml

it does not look good.

personally I am glad Kimi won title in 2007 so he will not walk away from f1 empty-handed.
So Kimi is very emotional and passionate about racing (unlike his reputation) -- and realistic. No problem. They will be competitive; they will try hard; they will (probably) win some races. We have no right to expect more. If you bail out whenever your team fails to win the world championship you'll soon run out of teams (and sports!)

Some of you Ferrari "fans" might have a different perspective if you'd followed them longer. I remember the horrible late 60's; the "revolt" that led Phil Hill and many engineers to ATS (!); the B4; the early turbo cars; the 60-valve hand grenade V12s, the "double floor" car, and a lot more.

Feeling bad about Ferrari? Then go ahead and list all the teams that have won more races, more WDC, and more WCC. It won't take very long.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

+1 to that.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

freedom_honda

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74644

wow a month ago i thought Ferrari would be fighting for wins. at least for points. certainly didn't see this coming.

noname
noname

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 0028.shtml

the team seems to be motivated, and especially Kimi does not sound as someone who does not care (as most people think).

in the last two seasons even making quite a lot silly mistakes they were still on top, maybe they needed something more to wake-up and make radical changes. hope they do their homework right.

jddh1

Giblet wrote:Consider yourself quoted.

Tickets to the band wagon are non refundable.

My friends that watched the Vancouver Canucks hockey games over at my place gave up for this season, as they did not look very good, but they are one of the strong favorites to win the Stanley Cup.

I told them they can come back and still watch, but it will cost them a lot of beer :)
A hockey season is 82 games, the F1 season is 17-18 races. HUGE difference. And with 3 races without points and perhaps a few more till they "catch up" you ain't left with much.
All I'm asking is whether is worth spending money developing the car after what seems to be a non-winning season. Why not focus on next year right away?
I am a life long Ferrari fan and I don't remember anything before the 90s because I was born in 82, but I know about it.
A cycle is closed, but big deal. I just think it's not logical to work on catching up this year. And I'm upset we are so bad because we were good in testing and everyone was saying we were gonna be good. Guess no one knew massa's gearbox was made of baby poop at the time.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Anyone hear of the reason for Massa retiring? That's a breakdown I would like to know about.
When pre-season testing was underway, at least the Ferrari appeared superior to the McLaren. But Mclaren seem to have clawed back some performance. Ferrari have improved too, at least on pace. But the mistakes, the fan-crushing mistakes...

Anyone else notice how few and how quiet the Ferrari fans are? I guess that only the true, die-hard Tifosa remain. It's a sad commentary on how many loud fans there are in the sport, fans who follow the wagon and cheer for the popular winning choice. I guess most of them now cheer for Hamilton, or Vettel, or Button.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

blobslosak
blobslosak

Water in the electrics caused him to lose throttle apparently.

Oh, and I am a Ferrari fan, but I also put £10 on Brawn GP at 100/1 for the WCC, so you know, as much a I love Ferrari, I love a grand more so kind of want them to win.

xpensive
xpensive

Water in the electrics? What was he driving, a Hillman?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Bob Brown

xpensive wrote:Water in the electrics? What was he driving, a Hillman?
Ferrari this year seems to be all holey........with water in teh KERS almost resulting in the killing of Kimi and now water in the car resulting in engine problems and subsequent failure.
Time to get their --- together and stop blaming the drivers for a car that is not all there.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Lucas electrics. For those unaware of Lucas, they had a reputation, known by some as "The Prince of Darkness".
http://www.kitcar.com/articles-kitcar/h ... rince.html

Getting back to Massa's excuse, it sounds like one more "well, we can't tell the truth, so we'll just point to something else and tell everyone that was what failed".
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

FLC
FLC

Chris Dyer said it was software related:
Unfortunately, a software management problem meant the engine cut out and forced him to retire. It's a real shame, because we could have got a good result.

Metar

"Error: Index value out of bounds, exceeds matrix dimensions." style? :lol:

alelanza
alelanza

But how different will the '10 cars be? As i understand it the major change would come from having to start out on a full tank, which of course is no small feat, and i guess the funky diffusers may get the axe, but what else is there? Sounds like the best way to develop the '10 car is still to work on the current one no?
Alejandro L.

Bob Brown

and there in lies the problem with this new silly FIA new rules every year b.s. Continuity - gone.

Might as well tell them that insstead of making a brand new car every year, everyteam and drivers should gather in a new country every week to pick straws to see who wins races.

ISLAMATRON

alelanza wrote:But how different will the '10 cars be? As i understand it the major change would come from having to start out on a full tank, which of course is no small feat, and i guess the funky diffusers may get the axe, but what else is there? Sounds like the best way to develop the '10 car is still to work on the current one no?
Different tires next year too... they supposedly will be smaller in the front but they might have to be stronger(more durable) to handle the extra weight from the ban on refueling.

It would make more sense if they went bigger in the rear than smaller in the front, but when has the FIa made sense.

KERS might be mor powerful next year too.