2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Re: 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

Wow, the toxicity is already at Abu Dhabi levels and nothing controversial has even happened yet!

What a positive surprise, I thought Newey was going to walk away with this, but Ferrari really held up the pre-season hype for once. Tomorrow will throw some surprises I’m sure, and it’ll be interesting to see the deg of the different cars.

Really impressed by Carlos turnaround, and his humbleness in the post Q interview. Please let it stay this close during the season…

lh13
lh13

Just_a_fan wrote:
Mchamilton wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:07
Artur Craft wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:07
If Russel doesn´t have a technical issue in his car(which I firmly believe he does), this is the biggest "finding out" in F1 history. Firstly, Albon´s performance already suggested of George being massively flattered the past years and then Q3, what was that?!
No, he completely missed turn 1
Don't worry, it's just his attempt to build the narrative that George is rubbish and thus, of course, so is Lewis. It's been played out over a period of time now and quite transparent.
You have this astonishing ability to read things that weren't written.

Vanja #66

Any speed trap results?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

JPower
JPower

Gotta feel good for Binotto. Guy has had the weight of the Ferrari world on top of him for the past 3 years and people barely wanted to give any credit for progressing with a "new Ferrari". He had a vision and it looks to be finally paying off.

Sainz as well. People were laughing at him for leaving McLaren for Ferrari. Crazy.
Last edited by JPower on 19 Mar 2022, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

lh13
lh13

Tvetovnato wrote:Wow, the toxicity is already at Abu Dhabi levels and nothing controversial has even happened yet!

What a positive surprise, I thought Newey was going to walk away with this, but Ferrari really held up the pre-season hype for once. Tomorrow will throw some surprises I’m sure, and it’ll be interesting to see the deg of the different cars.

Really impressed by Carlos turnaround, and his humbleness in the post Q interview. Please let it stay this close during the season…
Amen

N21
N21

Tvetovnato wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:24
Wow, the toxicity is already at Abu Dhabi levels and nothing controversial has even happened yet!

Exactly this. Shame to see such rubbish on this forum. Real fans should be excited that Ferrari is up there again

Artur Craft

Just_a_fan wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:18
Don't worry, it's just his attempt to build the narrative that George is rubbish and thus, of course, so is Lewis. It's been played out over a period of time now and quite transparent.
Yup, I already said that from last year, full transparency here. I can´t deny it will be hilarious, to say the very least, if Albon keeps beating Latifi by bigger margins than Russel did and then George starts beating Lewis... but I´m not very confident on the latter right now
JPBD1990 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:17
Not to be disparaging of merc, it’s not about them specifically… but I think F1 needs to focus on the cars going for POLE. Leclerc and Verstappen were on hot laps and we were watching RUSSEL go 1.5 seconds off? No. Please.
With those tv graphics, can we honestly expect great tv directing?

epo
epo

N21 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:27
Tvetovnato wrote:

Exactly this. Shame to see such rubbish on this forum. Real fans should be excited that Ferrari is up there again
Yeah I’m a Max/RB fan but it would be great for F1 and the tifosi to have a Ferrari championship, so good to see them there.

dialtone
dialtone

JPower wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:26
Gotta feel good for Binotto. Guy has had the weight of the Ferrari world on top of him for the past 3 years and people barely wanted to give any credit for progressing with a "new Ferrari". He had a vision and it looks to be finally paying off.

Sainz as well. People were laughing at him for leaving McLaren for Ferrari. Crazy.
I couldn't agree more. I was watching youtube videos of Binotto from 2020 or articles from years ago and damn the fans HATED him. He's the real winner of this whole thing and I couldn't be more proud to see a true engineer in that team shine like that.

PlatinumZealot

Great Job Charles! Awewome lap!
He was really making the difference today. Not sure Ferrari will hold up in the race though.

Mercedes will be lucky to steal a podium if the opportunity arises.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Dee
Dee

epo wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:28
N21 wrote:
Tvetovnato wrote:

Yeah I’m a Max/RB fan but it would be great for F1 and the tifosi to have a Ferrari championship, so good to see them there.
Some people need to be given one month bans. Always the same people posting and replying and bringing everyone down

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

JPower wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:26

This.

I’m really happy with how Ferrari looks, how Binotto was able to see this car through, and hope it stays competitive over the season.

I’m also happy to see Russell and Ham close as well as Charles and Sainz.

I am really bummed out for Mclaren. I’m a Mclaren-Honda fan from 30 years ago, so they are a soft spot for me and on paper I believe their driver pairing is about as good as Merc / Ferrari. RB is still lopsided some.
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 19 Mar 2022, 18:35, edited 2 times in total.

Artur Craft

Tvetovnato wrote:
What a positive surprise, I thought Newey was going to walk away with this, but Ferrari really held up the pre-season hype for once.
Hold your horses mate. Ferrari held up, so far. They already got some poles last year but couldn´t keep up on the race. If Max doesn´t run into distance, then we can say Ferrari is up for a fight.

With everybody talking about RB, Ferrari, Mercedes and their drivers, Mclaren´s appalling performance is being overlooked

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

N21 wrote:
Tvetovnato wrote:

People are. It’s also fair and perfectly valid to point out that Verstappen and LeClerc are never going to invite each other to any parties………putting it mildly. I personally would go as far as to say Leclerc dislikes Verstappen but others may disagree.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Restomaniac wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:35
N21 wrote:
Tvetovnato wrote:

People are. It’s also fair and perfect valid to point out that Verstappen and LeClerc are never going to invite each other to any parties………putting it mildly. I personally would go as far as to say Leclerc dislikes Verstappen but others may disagree.
This.

For those who know fo F1 from before DtS and know and followed some of their junior careers, what I said, while instigating and a bit juvenile, wasn’t made in a vacuum.

“Spicy” is probably a better, more polite way of calling their relationship.
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 19 Mar 2022, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.