2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
spam account 1
spam account 1

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

That's not the best start for George is it, and it wasn't just down to running first. I hope he can have a better race.

edit tbf apparently he was told to do more tyre warmup and he overdid it, says on therace

dialtone
dialtone

I don’t know how valid is this putting together the best sectors business. LEC’s lap was a but scruffy in a few spots, and improving in a sector can mean being worse in another by cooking the tires or just because he has to drive to the real limit and mistakes happen. Expecting the perfect lap seems unreasonable in the conditions he’s driving in.

Ham is saying the top 4 are in their own league, he wouldn’t say that if he was 0.3 off.

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

dialtone wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:46
I don’t know how valid is this putting together the best sectors business. LEC’s lap was a but scruffy in a few spots, and improving in a sector can mean being worse in another by cooking the tires or just because he has to drive to the real limit and mistakes happen. Expecting the perfect lap seems unreasonable in the conditions he’s driving in.

Ham is saying the top 4 are in their own league, he wouldn’t say that if he was 0.3 off.
And how do u know what Lewis say or dont say?

zibby43
zibby43

dialtone wrote:

Best sectors and perfect laps are 2 very different things. Also, you can easily adjust all drivers’ best sectors and compare.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

shamyakovic wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 20:53
dialtone wrote:

He was refering go the long runs in practice where verstappen was consistently over 1 second faster

dialtone
dialtone

shamyakovic wrote:
dialtone wrote:

You really think the best driver of all time would be put off by being just 0.3 off and declare the car was a nightmare to drive and that he would be fighting the cars behind him because the 4 in front are in their own league?

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

dialtone wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 21:00
shamyakovic wrote:
dialtone wrote:

You really think the best driver of all time would be put off by being just 0.3 off and declare the car was a nightmare to drive and that he would be fighting the cars behind him because the 4 in front are in their own league?
Yes he will be unhappy and put off not to have a car fighting for pole, even if its 0.3 sec slower or 0.7 sec slower

Contrary to what u said in the video above.
He said he is generally happy with how things turned out considering where they were.
He thinks the guys infront are in a different league

ringo

I think Lewis has a chance to fight for podium with his tyre management skills.
The new pirellis are a mystery to me though.
For Sure!!

chrisc90

ringo wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 21:46
I genuinely cant see him getting on the podium this race, unless something drastic happens with the cars infront of him. I think the biggest trouble will come from behind.

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

chrisc90 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 21:51
ringo wrote:
I genuinely cant see him getting on the podium this race, unless something drastic happens with the cars infront of him. I think the biggest trouble will come from behind.
Behind from whom? Alpha romeo ? Hass?
Merc are middle ground between the top 2 cars and the rest.

chrisc90

shamyakovic wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 21:57
chrisc90 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 21:51
ringo wrote:
Behind from whom? Alpha romeo ? Hass?
Merc are middle ground between the top 2 cars and the rest.
Dont count the Haas out. The Ferrari PU s very strong. They've already out qualified George.

Guess we'll all see tomorrow what happens.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

At the start of last year I was worried and they turned it around and should have won both championships, they still won the constructors.

This year the car appears to have a similar lap time deficit but it has a obvious problem, and I think they'll solve that problem.

Imo there's nothing wrong with the concept, once it's working properly they should have the advantage.

holeindalip
holeindalip

Marty_Y wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 22:02
At the start of last year I was worried and they turned it around and should have won both championships, they still won the constructors.

This year the car appears to have a similar lap time deficit but it has a obvious problem, and I think they'll solve that problem.

Imo there's nothing wrong with the concept, once it's working properly they should have the advantage.
+1

spam account 1
spam account 1

ringo wrote:
Yes it could all be about tyres couldn't it, very easily. It was last year.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Marty_Y wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 22:02

Why the advantage? Based on what?