2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
variante

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sayeman wrote:
18 Mar 2022, 22:35
I am cringing a lil bit everytime they are saying its a RB engine. RB powertrain has nothing to do with these PUs other than paying for em.
That's what Honda gets for abandoning F1 in the worst possible moment (again).

Neuron
Neuron

Perez with full time pre-season still can't deliver. That's sad.

silver
silver

Neuron wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 18:27
On the upside, he seems to be more closer than last year. It's a good thing for strategy if he keeps up in race.

chrisc90

Neuron wrote:
P4. Definitely not that bad on the opening quali session!

gandharva

Less than .3 of a second behind the arguably best driver on the grid is not too shabby for a number 2 driver. WCC material 8)

TNTHead

First real pace comparisons can be made. The in season development race will be key for WDC. WCC will be very difficult for RB I suspect, since Ferrari definitely has a good driver pairing.

chrisc90

TNTHead wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 22:07
First real pace comparisons can be made. The in season development race will be key for WDC. WCC will be very difficult for RB I suspect, since Ferrari definitely has a good driver pairing.
Sergio is only .3 behind on quali pace. Thats great news for RB having 2 cars up front.

HPD

I have good feelings about this year.
A good engine (Honda), possibly the best now.
You can buy time losing those 10 kg.
Tire management will be important.
The points are given tomorrow.

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

Neuron wrote:
3 tenths off. In what way is that bad. Plus we all know that Perez comes alive in race pace. If anything its good that he is now this close

TNTHead

chrisc90 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 22:08
TNTHead wrote:
Sergio is only .3 behind on quali pace. Thats great news for RB having 2 cars up front.
Perez is more accustomed to the RB team in his second year and has been working on his qualy performance, so that's good. But look at the Ferrari drivers: they really can beat each other. I don't see Perez doing that in near future. For now, I think Ferrari is ahead pace wise, at least over one lap. Let's see tomorrow how the race pace of RB is. Hopefully VER can get P1 after the first lap or get the undercut working. If Perez's race pace is also decent one can say he is grown, or the car fits better his driving style.

Big Tea

TNTHead wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 22:58
chrisc90 wrote:
TNTHead wrote:
Perez is more accustomed to the RB team in his second year and has been working on his qualy performance, so that's good. But look at the Ferrari drivers: they really can beat each other. I don't see Perez doing that in near future. For now, I think Ferrari is ahead pace wise, at least over one lap. Let's see tomorrow how the race pace of RB is. Hopefully VER can get P1 after the first lap or get the undercut working. If Perez's race pace is also decent one can say he is grown, or the car fits better his driving style.
He will not get first call on pits anyway, he will have a different strategy to Max, probably as a tail gunner to take points form the competition rather than maximise his own. Sometimes it is the same thing, so he could end up in a good position
Not looking for an argument, its his job and he probably agrees with it. they are after drivers championship not team points.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

Big Tea wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 23:03
TNTHead wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

He will not get first call on pits anyway, he will have a different strategy to Max, probably as a tail gunner to take points form the competition rather than maximise his own. Sometimes it is the same thing, so he could end up in a good position
Not looking for an argument, its his job and he probably agrees with it. they are after drivers championship not team points.
I think RB will be in a VERY good position to maximise team points this year. At present, Ferrari are the ones to bring the challenge to the table. To say RB arent interesting in the WCC before the first lot of points has been dished out, is a tad optimistic. 2010-2013 they took the WCC trophy, so they will be eager to get that back.

Big Tea

chrisc90 wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 23:30
Big Tea wrote:
19 Mar 2022, 23:03
TNTHead wrote:

I think RB will be in a VERY good position to maximise team points this year. At present, Ferrari are the ones to bring the challenge to the table. To say RB arent interesting in the WCC before the first lot of points has been dished out, is a tad optimistic. 2010-2013 they took the WCC trophy, so they will be eager to get that back.
Oh, they will take it if its on offer, but Horner said last year they are in it for the drivers championship. They dont sell cars, so any celebrity is good for them.
I think if it comes to make sure Max wins and the other car is not in the points it will usually come to the win, but if its on, they would love it, but once drivers is looking safe
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

organic

The car looks good. Considering the level of development on the RB16B in 2021, the performance at the start of '22 is impressive. Judging by the aero efficiency & high-speed corner strength I would expect other tracks like Saudi Arabia to be even better

Jambier

organic wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 00:37
The car looks good. Considering the level of development on the RB16B in 2021, the performance at the start of '22 is impressive. Judging by the aero efficiency & high-speed corner strength I would expect other tracks like Saudi Arabia to be even better
Indeed, I was really afraid for 2022 but it seems that Max will be able to defend his title.

Let’s wait to see what Mercedes and Ferrari are doing.

Ferrari need to proves they are fast on any track, in the past year even in 2019 it was only on some tracks

And Mercedes I don’t understand how they can have a bad engine now.. it make no sense so I think they will be back sometime soon

No surprise in the top teams: the big 3 is ahead.