2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
rickybobbyf1
rickybobbyf1

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

W13, unlucky for us… 😪

Edit: 😭still we rise! I hope that motivated the heck out of the team. Let’s go!

PlatinumZealot

Awewome job team!

I'm impressed by George. Great job holding on to Lewis. George was actually quicker for a flurry of laps. Granted he was on fresher tyres but still this is what we need to take it to Ferrari and RedBull.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Quite the damage limitation. Hopefully they can get on top of the issues sooner rather than later and this becomes a 3 manufacturer fight for the titles. Exciting if they do sort it within the next 2-4 races or so. I’m still not convinced on the PU side of things. It’s unusual to see all Merc teams linger at the bottom of speed trips - be it intermediate or end of straight

Redragon

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 19:07
Quite the damage limitation. Hopefully they can get on top of the issues sooner rather than later and this becomes a 3 manufacturer fight for the titles. Exciting if they do sort it within the next 2-4 races or so. I’m still not convinced on the PU side of things. It’s unusual to see all Merc teams linger at the bottom of speed trips - be it intermediate or end of straight
Toto avoided to answer about engine power or issues when asked by Damon Hill at Sky. Despite was asked about all Mercedes teams. A bit suspicious

Redragon

RonMexico wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 19:10
Will Lawrence Stroll spontaneously combust? Really terrible car this year, what was that message to Hulkenberg about the car being too hot to pit? That team seems to be a bit of a mess
I think is the wrong thread

RonMexico
RonMexico

Redragon wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 19:12
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Toto avoided to answer about engine power or issues when asked by Damon Hill at Sky. Despite was asked about all Mercedes teams. A bit suspicious
You would imagine it has to be purely ICE related as their deployment was class of the field up until last year, maybe Ferrari have jumped them there too. Most ominous

dans79

Redragon wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Maybe they are holding of on the e10 upgrade till later in the season?
201 105 104 9 9 7

shamyakovic
shamyakovic

Redragon wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Common, we all saw that video. he was not holding back, he answered staright that we have huge drag in our car and we want to remove it first before we can think about engine power. Thats as much a straight answer one could give

RonMexico
RonMexico

shamyakovic wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 19:17
Redragon wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Common, we all saw that video. he was not holding back, he answered staright that we have huge drag in our car and we want to remove it first before we can think about engine power. Thats as much a straight answer one could give
It doesn't explain why the customer teams were so far off yet close together in performance

Jozsusz
Jozsusz

Russell just said that considering how difficult to drive the car and the bouncing, it's not that bad.
I think the same.
I think this car has potential, it'd be crucial to sort it out as soon as possible.

Redragon

shamyakovic wrote:
Redragon wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Question wasn't about Mercedes, it was about all the Mercedes engine teams are at the back and could be the engine power? He went to answer about aero fix on Mercedes car as you say and then fix engine power. But that's it is not the proper answer to the question.

dans79

Redragon wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 19:21
shamyakovic wrote:
Redragon wrote:

Question wasn't about Mercedes, it was about all the Mercedes engine teams are at the back and could be the engine power? He went to answer about aero fix on Mercedes car as you say and then fix engine power. But that's it is not the proper answer to the question.
That would be because each of those teams have their own significant issues,
201 105 104 9 9 7

Jozsusz
Jozsusz

dans79 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 19:24
Redragon wrote:
shamyakovic wrote:

For example Aston is losing 0,75 sec because of the bouncing.

Redragon

dans79 wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 19:24
Redragon wrote:
shamyakovic wrote:

Question was direct and simple. Is the engine underpower? and he avoided to answer it. I think not only Mercedes has to fix its drag issues. I think the engine is underpowered and already homologated the combustion and fuel side. There are 3 teams with 3 different design philosophies and all have issues with top speeds.

AeroDynamic

Hope their engines and car can work soon, we want to see a good fight this year!

Wonder if mercedes are mitigating an issue related to Hondas? Maybe about fuel?