2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xero

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Big Tea wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 16:32
Xero wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 15:12
Macklaren wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 14:00
Disappointed to see the reaction on here
It's the usual glory-hunting plastic fans. Still plenty of level headed folk on here though.

Decent Friday! The car doesn't seem as bad as was initially feared. It's going to be a steep development race, so who knows how the order will evolve through the season.
I like to consider myself level headed (others may not I know) and am more than happy Mclaren is not either going to be lost in a corporate advertising venture then soon sold to someone like rich energy, or, more likely by past experience, messed around for a few months while sponsors made alternative arrangements, then be told they have decided not to go with F1 after all. It would leave Mclaren deep in it, or no longer in existance. Either way, better to keep control of the name and finces
I was referring to performance rather than the Audi thing. I'm with you on being sold off not being appealing. If someone does come in however, dropping the McLaren name would be business suicide. Don't think it would happen!

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Big Tea wrote:
Xero wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 15:12
Macklaren wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 14:00
Disappointed to see the reaction on here
It's the usual glory-hunting plastic fans. Still plenty of level headed folk on here though.

Decent Friday! The car doesn't seem as bad as was initially feared. It's going to be a steep development race, so who knows how the order will evolve through the season.
I like to consider myself level headed (others may not I know) and am more than happy Mclaren is not either going to be lost in a corporate advertising venture then soon sold to someone like rich energy, or, more likely by past experience, messed around for a few months while sponsors made alternative arrangements, then be told they have decided not to go with F1 after all. It would leave Mclaren deep in it, or no longer in existance. Either way, better to keep control of the name and finces
McLaren seems to be in a good spot from a financial end perspective, which allows them to set their own expectations or demands in a potential negotiation.

I am also glad that they aren’t forced into a deal that may dilute the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Anyone with long runs info?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Macafangrskg
Macafangrskg

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... QBI6w.html

But we always run with tuned down engine

runningmanz
runningmanz

Well a better Friday. Track seems to suit our strengths with smoother, grippier surface and more faster flowing corners. Interesting to see though in the side by side Leclerc vs Verstappen lap the Ferrari seems to have a softer suspension setup which is better esp in lower speed corners with sharper turn in at the expense of being twitchy at times in high speed sections and with porpoising but they seem to be able to make it work overall really well. Wonder if we need to look at that particular area a bit more in our car given we lack lower speed, mechanical grip. Then again it seems we have been trying for years in that regard though. Will be interesting to see what direction future upgrades take

dialtone
dialtone

Here's long run stints for the cars compared to LEC.

LEC
MEDIUM/13 Stint 6.0: 1:23.810
MEDIUM/14 Stint 6.0: 1:22.910
MEDIUM/15 Stint 6.0: 1:23.586
MEDIUM/16 Stint 6.0: 1:24.420
MEDIUM/17 Stint 6.0: 1:28.976

NOR
MEDIUM/16 Stint 6.0: 1:25.219
MEDIUM/17 Stint 6.0: 1:25.258
MEDIUM/18 Stint 6.0: 1:24.529
MEDIUM/19 Stint 6.0: 1:25.409
MEDIUM/20 Stint 6.0: 1:24.963

RIC
MEDIUM/12 Stint 4.0: 1:25.176
MEDIUM/13 Stint 4.0: 1:24.416
MEDIUM/14 Stint 4.0: 1:25.462
MEDIUM/15 Stint 4.0: 1:31.887
MEDIUM/16 Stint 4.0: 1:24.424

edit: keep in mind we don't know if they simulated stint 1 or 2, although all times seem to indicate stint 1.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Very interesting performance from the Team in Australia… I don’t expect them to be fighting for pole, but to have made most of the time in S3, which is the one that in theory doesn’t suit the car, it’s impressive in itself… Regardless of PU modes, the time in S3 is more chassis related.

I am holding any predictions until qualifying, but the fact that they are at the top of the times in a practice session is something that no one expected coming into this weekend… Let’s wait and see what happens during Qualy… But if they are close to the front, what a change of performance it would be.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

SmallSoldier wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 06:06
Very interesting performance from the Team in Australia… I don’t expect them to be fighting for pole, but to have made most of the time in S3, which is the one that in theory doesn’t suit the car, it’s impressive in itself… Regardless of PU modes, the time in S3 is more chassis related.

I am holding any predictions until qualifying, but the fact that they are at the top of the times in a practice session is something that no one expected coming into this weekend… Let’s wait and see what happens during Qualy… But if they are close to the front, what a change of performance it would be.
Really unexpected pace, did Lando have any PU issues today?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Ground Effect wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 06:11
SmallSoldier wrote:

Really unexpected pace, did Lando have any PU issues today?
The pace today is a factor of been on a new set of Softs (which is unusual to use that many in practice) and a bit of track evolution (Lando’s best lap was late on the session)… But still fantastic

The aborted lap was pre-planned… Lando was told to do 2 cool laps, then go for it and abort it… Maybe just running through procedures and making sure they work when aborting a lap is needed.

organic

SmallSoldier wrote:

Seidl confirmed after session that it was a very low fuel run. The engineer getting on the radio telling him not to go full throttle was so they don't run out of fuel

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

organic wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 06:16
SmallSoldier wrote:

Seidl confirmed after session that it was a very low fuel run. The engineer getting on the radio telling him not to go full throttle was so they don't run out of fuel
It was planned before hand and I’m not arguing if it was a very low fuel run… But fuel wouldn’t have been responsible for the performance in S3, they have found pace… Will they be fighting for pole in Q3? I doubt it… But, are they going to struggle to make it out of Q1? I doubt it too… The car simply had pace in FP3 and that’s a very good sign of progress compared to previous weekends.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

FP3 comparison Norris vs Leclerc:

Notice cornering speed… Not too bad:

EddyBaggio

STOP THE COUNT!!!

Mostlyeels
Mostlyeels

organic wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 06:16
Thanks, I had been a bit concerned with the whole "B1" thing.

MrGapes

good progress... If we are around half a second off the leaders Ill be very happy, if not still good progress since Bahrain.