2022 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, April 08 - 10

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2022 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, April 08 - 10

Top 2 telemetry and big surprise: top speed is basically the same, but Ferrari has much better traction, maybe even slightly more powerful engine. I wasn't expecting to see better speed after the last few days.

chrisc90

Sky just showed that max lost all the time at the left hander at the end of the lap. He was a car length ahead going into there

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

dialtone wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:07
https://i.postimg.cc/c0gk8YyT/LEC-VER.png

Top 2 telemetry and big surprise: top speed is basically the same, but Ferrari has much better traction, maybe even slightly more powerful engine. I wasn't expecting to see better speed after the last few days.
I think youre seeing more of a difference in driving style rather than a car with better traction or more power. On the traces where it seems Lec gains more speed quicker, he actually hits his minimum speed earlier and then throttles earlier.
Then the traces where the cars accelerates the same they have minimum speeds the same and the same point.

nimoraca
nimoraca

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:08
Sky just showed that max lost all the time at the left hander at the end of the lap. He was a car length ahead going into there
But did he gain time in the previous corner by breaking later (going faster). He has been doing this most of the runs today.

dialtone
dialtone

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:08
I think that's a bit reductive of the rest of the lap, LEC manages to brake later there yeah, but VER was much faster in 9-10 but LEC immediately got back to the same speed. Without porpoising this Ferrari was going even faster on that back straight instead of having to shed speed off like it did.

dialtone
dialtone

Mchamilton wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:11
dialtone wrote:

I think youre seeing more of a difference in driving style rather than a car with better traction or more power. On the traces where it seems Lec gains more speed quicker, he actually hits his minimum speed earlier and then throttles earlier.
Then the traces where the cars accelerates the same they have minimum speeds the same and the same point.
Look at the back straight, from 2200m to almost 2800m Ferrari just keeps pushing till porpoising forces them to shed speed.

PlatinumZealot

Charles is certainly the fastest driver in F1 isn't he?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:18
VER isn’t maximising his pole opportunities, PER/2nd seat is right there in-the-mix unlike previous seasons. Brand new platform, so the car is no longer bespoke. LEC on the other hand just looks great all the time, no fcuk-ups
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Hes definitely currently the fastest driver who is most at 1 with his car, extracting closest to the maximum from it when it matters.

Juzh

dialtone wrote:

If you look at Perez' trace it's 100% clear red bull is almost completely out of energy exiting final corner. They are 10 kmh slower over the line ending the lap compared to starting it. DRS zone removal was a double whammy for them.

Ferrari has much better traction, maybe even slightly more powerful engine.
Been saying it since bahrain. Once red bull has to put on some more downforce it'll become clear ferrari has the most outright power of any engine.

Dee
Dee

214270 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:20
PlatinumZealot wrote:
VER isn’t maximising his pole opportunities, PER/2nd seat is right there in-the-mix unlike previous seasons. Brand new platform, so the car is no longer bespoke. LEC on the other hand just looks great all the time, no fcuk-ups
Difference between Ferrari and RB is that Ferrari can turn in on slow corners and RB cannot, switch Max and Charles and the results would be the same. Max flying in the Ferrari and Charles matching him unil those slow corners

Artur Craft

Mchamilton wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 09:46
How do you manage to stay salty for 15 years 😅
I have nothing against Lewis, personally. I just can´t take the worship that some media/fans have around the guy as @Chuckjr brilliantly pointed out

As F1 doesn´t revolve solely around Lewis, it´s time to address other issues too. Max did yellow S1,S2 on his P2 lap and that explains the relatively big gap. He should have put a quick lap together, as Charles did, but failed to do so. Not a great qualifying from him either, again.... Nice to see Perez coping with this new car far better.

Sad to see Haas, Alfa and Toro Rosso already falling behind and not making into Q3

Given the local time the car will take place and how the sun gets in the way very badly, I won´t be surprised if we have some red flags on the race as well.

Neuron
Neuron

Talking about drivers is worthless (at least when you try to compare guys like leclerc, verstappen, hamilton etc.). CAR wins.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Artur Craft wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:39
Mchamilton wrote:
I have nothing against Lewis, personally. I just can´t take the worship that some media/fans have around the guy as @Chuckjr brilliantly pointed out

As F1 doesn´t revolve solely around Lewis, it´s time to address other issues too. Max did yellow S1,S2 on his P2 lap and that explains the relatively big gap. He should have put a quick lap together, as Charles did, but failed to do so. Not a great qualifying from him either, again.... Nice to see Perez coping with this new car far better.

Sad to see Haas, Alfa and Toro Rosso already falling behind and not making into Q3

Given the local time the car will take place and how the sun gets in the way very badly, I won´t be surprised if we have some red flags on the race as well.
Luckily the race start an how earlier tomorrow so should be finish by roughly where the middle of qualifying was. So the sun might be an issue right at the end.

xaero
xaero

Artur Craft wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:39
Mchamilton wrote:

As F1 doesn´t revolve solely around Lewis, it´s time to address other issues too.
Birds of same feather flock together. Anyway, have a relook only at your posts from today before making such tall claims.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.