2022 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, April 08 - 10

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Re: 2022 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, April 08 - 10

Albon DQ'd from quali for fuel sample breach.

cliffgamerz
cliffgamerz

search wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 11:23
the new diffuser and floor wasn't supposed to be used today. Haven't read anything if they still did, but it was just a test for coming updates
They only had one set of new diffuser update hence decided not to run it today because of teams decision to keep it fair among two drivers, source of this information was sky commentators during FP3.

Stu

Porpoiseful driving there by Charles.

I’ll see myself out 🚪
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Sevach
Sevach

Stu wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 14:25

I’ll see myself out 🚪
Other ars porpoise, Ferrari is a Cavallino Rampante =D>

Quick edit:

HJKM
HJKM

What about Tsunoda? Afaik he has already picked up two reprimands

Sevach
Sevach

HJKM wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 14:44
Tsunoda reprimand, Zhou nothing.

search

HJKM wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 14:44
he did, but rules changed. It now needs 5 for a penalty (instead of 3)

LM10
LM10

cliffgamerz wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 13:52
search wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 11:23
the new diffuser and floor wasn't supposed to be used today. Haven't read anything if they still did, but it was just a test for coming updates
They only had one set of new diffuser update hence decided not to run it today because of teams decision to keep it fair among two drivers, source of this information was sky commentators during FP3.
No, what Sky told is not true. As “search” said, the diffuser was only tested, not planned as an upgrade.

ringo

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 11:49
Dont even think Max does have any body piercings.

Still wonders me why no action has been taken against a nose stud being worn. Selective application of the rules.
It's likely not metal. So poses no safety threat.
For Sure!!

ringo

Leclerc talent really apparent this year. I think from what i observe the cars are about equal with different charateristics. Charles driving style just has more potential to extract more speed. Max style in theory isnt optimal, the early braking thing and lags between brake and throttle. I guess Leclerc is more confident in his car. Max making errors is nothing new. We saw it last year as well. He either still got pole or lost pole, but some would just say he is pushing so hard that's why this happens.
I think he needs to change approach and let the car come to him. Same as Sainz. He is pushing too hard. Sainze should just accept that Leclerc is faster. He will consistently be in the top 2 rowd and then he can try and win a race frim there. He has to play to strengths and just give up on trying to be faster than Leclerc.

As for mercedes.. i think Hamilton will be on podium again. Some crashing will take place with Max and Charles or Perez. I also feel the Mclaren isnt out of the woods reliability wise.
For Sure!!

Zynerji

ringo wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 16:20
chrisc90 wrote:

Still wonders me why no action has been taken against a nose stud being worn. Selective application of the rules.
Knowing several folks with nose studs like that, they don't ever put a back on it, as it would interfere with breathing and dried nose mucus buildup.

One would think that the gForce of deceleration may remove it involuntarily. 🤔

I don't care what the drivers wear, but if it was my team, we would have the conversation of full body waxing for weight savings.🤣 Jewelry and hair need not apply!

Zynerji

ringo wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 16:29
Leclerc talent really apparent this year. I think from what i observe the cars are about equal with different charateristics. Charles driving style just has more potential to extract more speed. Max style in theory isnt optimal, the early braking thing and lags between brake and throttle. I guess Leclerc is more confident in his car. Max making errors is nothing new. We saw it last year as well. He either still got pole or lost pole, but some would just say he is pushing so hard that's why this happens.
I think he needs to change approach and let the car come to him. Same as Sainz. He is pushing too hard. Sainze should just accept that Leclerc is faster. He will consistently be in the top 2 rowd and then he can try and win a race frim there. He has to play to strengths and just give up on trying to be faster than Leclerc.

As for mercedes.. i think Hamilton will be on podium again. Some crashing will take place with Max and Charles or Perez. I also feel the Mclaren isnt out of the woods reliability wise.
I think the unsung difference is also gear ratios. The planted cars shift like they are swimming (steering with the differential) while the skittish seem more delicate with power delivery.

NicoS

Zynerji wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 16:30
ringo wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Knowing several folks with nose studs like that, they don't ever put a back on it, as it would interfere with breathing and dried nose mucus buildup.

I don't care what the drivers wear, but if it was my team, we would have the conversation of full body waxing for weight savings.🤣 Jewelry and hair need not apply!
Do you mean boogers? hard snot?

Zynerji

NicoS wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 16:34
Zynerji wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 16:30
ringo wrote:

Do you mean boogers? hard snot?
Yes. That is how my wife described her experience the only time she used a back.

Sieper

Stu wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 14:25

I’ll see myself out 🚪
He bumped himself up the charts :mrgreen: