2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren111

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Marc.W

CjC wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 12:51
Marc.W wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 09:42
This thread sure does turn around quickly 🤣
Those dogsh1t car comments haven’t aged well🤣
Hopefully some humble pie being baked tomorrow

NiyolHuayra
NiyolHuayra

"McLAREN’S LEAP IS ‘80%’ UNRELATED TO ITS F1 CAR"
https://the-race.com/formula-1/mclarens ... s-f1-car/

genarro
genarro

NiyolHuayra wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 15:57
The title of the article is a bit misleading. Read the whole thing. Yes the track layout has played on our cars strength but Seidl says that the small upgrades they have brought to the car are all working and they have a lot more understanding of the package.

Fingers crossed the worst is behind us...

NiyolHuayra
NiyolHuayra

genarro wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 16:22
NiyolHuayra wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 15:57
The title of the article is a bit misleading. Read the whole thing. Yes the track layout has played on our cars strength but Seidl says that the small upgrades they have brought to the car are all working and they have a lot more understanding of the package.

Fingers crossed the worst is behind us...
I did, I only quoted the headline for you guys :D. Yea some bits look like they work and the track suits us well. At the end of the day the race result is all that matters, no matter the upgrades, luck, etc... So fingers crossed!

Macklaren
Macklaren

Yeah that is a dumb, sensationalist headline. Even if 20%, the tiny updates making a clear impact is fantastic to see. I reckon the car is at a Bahrain test Day 2 level of development/understanding (or what should have been). P4 in quali is a great outcome with such an undeveloped car. Bodes very well for the Spain B.Spec

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Macklaren wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 16:43
Yeah that is a dumb, sensationalist headline. Even if 20%, the tiny updates making a clear impact is fantastic to see. I reckon the car is at a Bahrain test Day 2 level of development/understanding (or what should have been). P4 in quali is a great outcome with such an undeveloped car. Bodes very well for the Spain B.Spec
Spain B-Spec? First time I heard of one… Any sources?

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Good Qualy for the Team… The tires continue to be the determining factor in F1 and having them in the right operating window makes all the difference in terms of mechanical grip.

Yes, the track does help extract performance, but the fact that it came on the more technical part of the circuit is interesting and makes me believe that Bahrain was maybe an anomaly, simply a weekend of cascading issues, from the lack of running the previous week, the focus (and compromises) to make sure the brakes would last a race distance to simply never been able to have the car in the right window and therefore exacerbating the limitations of the car.

What will be interesting moving forward is how well the car takes on upgrades, which are sure to come once they are back in Europe and what has been learned from other teams that could potentially be embraced by the MCL36.

Let’s hope for a good race now, points are given on Sunday and at least from a pace perspective, they should be in a position to bag a handful of them.

proteus

The good thing is that the car is aparently not a complete "dog" as it was feared before. It has speed at tracks like this, which means potential is there. Hopefully their final brake fix will help at tracks with slower corners. We also know that last year chasis was for example horrible at Zandwoort, but overall they managed to get solid results out of it. This season might still be a step backwards, but hopefully they still manage to atleast steal some good results trough the season.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

DiogoBrand

Is it possible that the brake ducts made a difference in tyre temp and aero to bring some improvement?

Mostlyeels
Mostlyeels

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... 0flags.pdf

No further action on Perez. I reckon Sainz will be charging through to the front (given the difference in race pace between Ferrari/RB and the rest), so I'll be happy if Lando can finish in front of the Mercs and the Alpine. Quali does feel like a good result, but now I'm nervous for the race. :)

bauc

What a great qualy session for us, P4 & P7 is a superb result, with a good & clean start we can fight for good points tomorrow so overall I'm, happy. Yes, this track does suite the car at the moment but it is a positive step in the right direction and hopefully we can materialize this form tomorrow. Next race I expect to see few more updated on the car.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

1m0bius1
1m0bius1

CjC wrote:
Marc.W wrote:
I suppose you are happy with being 1 second slower than the leaders. Mediocrity at its finest.

Big Tea

1m0bius1 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 22:29
CjC wrote:
Marc.W wrote:
I suppose you are happy with being 1 second slower than the leaders. at its finest.
This applies to all cars other than the leader. Mediocrity is accepting it will remain so.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

wowgr8
wowgr8

The car is being held back by the PU. I reckon the McLaren should be around half a second from the front, which is closer than last year

Any of you know what's wrong with the Mercedes engine? I refuse to believe they've lost this much power relative to the rest. There seem to be issues forcing conservative maps