Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Vanja #66

Re: Ferrari F1-75

wowgr8 wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 21:17
The Ferrari seems to have a very efficient rear wing that penalises them when DRS is open because they dump less drag
https://i.imgur.com/Wl897KF.jpg
Not really, RB has a massive DRS flap and it brings them bigger drag difference. Not sure why Ferrari made the spoon flap, but it's obviously not and ideal solution.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

vorticism

GrrG wrote:
07 Apr 2022, 14:53
Ferrari F1-75: five laser sensors to measure heights

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... content=it
We should call it the volpe volante, for its front bat wings, long snout, and reddish hue.

𓄀

organic

According to Ted on Sky, new diffuser will not be run by either driver this weekend as they do not want to be unfair to either driver, despite reportedly being happy with the performance of the new part

Airshifter

organic wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 05:12
According to Ted on Sky, new diffuser will not be run by either driver this weekend as they do not want to be unfair to either driver, despite reportedly being happy with the performance of the new part
I'd make them flip a coin then.

They could have an entire race worth of valuable data to move forward with. Fair or not if it shows promise they should run it on one of the cars.

One thing for sure though, this is not the Ferrari of years gone by.

LM10
LM10

organic wrote:
I don’t know what Ted is talking about. Clearly making things up. The diffuser was never planned to be an update on it’s own. It was brought for testing reasons and used by Leclerc only in FP1. It is going to be a part of the upgrade package coming in one of the next two races.

Andi76
Andi76

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 21:57
wowgr8 wrote:
08 Apr 2022, 21:17
The Ferrari seems to have a very efficient rear wing that penalises them when DRS is open because they dump less drag
https://i.imgur.com/Wl897KF.jpg
Not really, RB has a massive DRS flap and it brings them bigger drag difference. Not sure why Ferrari made the spoon flap, but it's obviously not and ideal solution.
Maybe its about what both teams had experienced. Red Bull had massive problems last year because of Mercedes high-speed advantage in the DRS-Zones. So they put a lot of effort to improve in this area. Ferrari, if my memory does not trick me, lost a lot of time in slow corners and medium speed corners so they developed their car to improve massively in this area. Couldn't this explain the direction and approach both teams have taken, ending up with solutions like a massive DRS flap/spoon flap? Just a thought and maybe wrong.

Sevach
Sevach

Ferrari changed it's FW for saturday and the race, top flap isn't trimmed anymore (i wouldn't call it a new part since they had this at Barcelona testing).
Saturday

Friday

wowgr8
wowgr8

organic wrote:
Duchessa & co said the part didn't perform as expected

Vanja #66

Andi76 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 07:12
Maybe its about what both teams had experienced. Red Bull had massive problems last year because of Mercedes high-speed advantage in the DRS-Zones. So they put a lot of effort to improve in this area. Ferrari, if my memory does not trick me, lost a lot of time in slow corners and medium speed corners so they developed their car to improve massively in this area. Couldn't this explain the direction and approach both teams have taken, ending up with solutions like a massive DRS flap/spoon flap? Just a thought and maybe wrong.
Yes, no doubt, teams always aim to improve where they know they were not good enough last season...

#BlessYouLaddie

LM10
LM10

wowgr8 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 11:06
organic wrote:
Duchessa & co said the part didn't perform as expected
I’ll repeat myself, but that diffuser was never planned to be used as an upgrade here. What Ted told was simply incorrect. Ferrari only brought one diffuser and only tested it on Charles’ car in FP1. It only was for testing reasons for further evaluation as that diffuser will be a part of an upgrade package which will come to Spain or Imola.

wowgr8
wowgr8

LM10 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 13:39
I’ll repeat myself, but that diffuser was never planned to be used as an upgrade here. What Ted told was simply incorrect. Ferrari only brought one diffuser and only tested it on Charles’ car in FP1. It only was for testing reasons for further evaluation as that diffuser will be a part of an upgrade package which will come to Spain or Imola.
Yeah I know it was just for evaluation, but apparently it didn't do well

Vanja #66

Sevach wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:12
Ferrari changed it's FW for saturday and the race, top flap isn't trimmed anymore (i wouldn't call it a new part since they had this at Barcelona testing).
Saturday
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... -75-1.webp
RW is the one from Jeddah (though the angle might be slightly higher now), Ferrari definitely chose slightly lower downforce settings than Bahrain.

#BlessYouLaddie

GrrG

Excellent article by Federico Albano

https://www.formulapassion.it/opinioni/ ... 12562.html

Drift4794
Drift4794

GrrG wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 17:35
Excellent article by Federico Albano

https://www.formulapassion.it/opinioni/ ... 12562.html
Albano is the only one worth reading on that website. Incredible articles always. His claims about Ferrari upping the ante on the PU is corroborated by Duchessa

vorticism

Volpe volante.

𓄀