Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wowgr8
wowgr8

Re: Ferrari F1-75

rafeyahmad wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 19:13
GrrG wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 17:35
Excellent article by Federico Albano

https://www.formulapassion.it/opinioni/ ... 12562.html
Albano is the only one worth reading on that website. Incredible articles always. His claims about Ferrari upping the ante on the PU is corroborated by Duchessa
I think he got that info from Duchessa and co, they said the change to the PU was insignificant, it would be difficult to see on the telemetry

Sevach
Sevach

Vanja #66 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 17:24
Sevach wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 10:12
Ferrari changed it's FW for saturday and the race, top flap isn't trimmed anymore (i wouldn't call it a new part since they had this at Barcelona testing).
Saturday
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... -75-1.webp
RW is the one from Jeddah (though the angle might be slightly higher now), Ferrari definitely chose slightly lower downforce settings than Bahrain.
Interesting that they went with a FW that has more surface combined with a smaller rear.
Maybe moving the center of pressure forward helped reduce the porpoising the team had yesterday.

Vanja #66

Sevach wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 03:47
Interesting that they went with a FW that has more surface combined with a smaller rear.
Maybe moving the center of pressure forward helped reduce the porpoising the team had yesterday.
Could be, but I think it was mostly about balance and stability under braking.

What I'm not convinced about is increased engine power claims, Ferrari used smaller rear wing than Red Bull, so this explains smaller top speed differences...

Looking at Ferrari behaviour and bouncing during the race, they've either gone for softer suspension (aiding S3 gains) or ran lower ride heights. The second doesn't look to be the case as the car wasn't hitting the ground, just like it didn't hit it in the previous races.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

JPower
JPower

Given this car’s strengths I can’t see it being any less strong relative to the others at Imola, possibly even more so.

Has it been conformed that they’ll run a new floor there or will they be testing one for future use?

Vanja #66

No photos of Sainz floor? :shock:

#BlessYouLaddie

tpe
tpe

I was hoping to see a few to be honest!

mzso
mzso

JPower wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 17:46
Given this car’s strengths I can’t see it being any less strong relative to the others at Imola, possibly even more so.

Has it been conformed that they’ll run a new floor there or will they be testing one for future use?
Imola's high speed and they only showed high down-force/drag setups this year.

Polite
Polite

Imola is not high speed - low DF. Imola has a long uphill straight..

LM10
LM10

Vanja #66 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 18:17
The car was not high up. Just like half a meter when I saw it on TV. Don’t know, if they put it on a truck later on though, but if yes, I guess it was after the race and covered (if they’re allowed to in-season)?

JPower
JPower

mzso wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 21:11
JPower wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 17:46

Imola's high speed and they only showed high down-force/drag setups this year.
From what I remember everyone ran a medium DF setup there last year. Definitely nothing like Spa or Monza.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the same setup they ran at Australia there.

Drift4794
Drift4794

Vanja #66 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 07:02
Sevach wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 03:47
Could be, but I think it was mostly about balance and stability under braking.

What I'm not convinced about is increased engine power claims, Ferrari used smaller rear wing than Red Bull, so this explains smaller top speed differences...

Looking at Ferrari behaviour and bouncing during the race, they've either gone for softer suspension (aiding S3 gains) or ran lower ride heights. The second doesn't look to be the case as the car wasn't hitting the ground, just like it didn't hit it in the previous races.
Duchessa (the go-to journalist for anythng Ferrari) confirms the team ordered a 5bhp increase for the weekend:
A small power increase of 5 bhp has been deliberated in order to counter the better efficiency of Red Bull in Australia, which is able to generate more speed in the straights. It is not a foregone conclusion that this small gain will also be used at Imola, as Ferrari is also working hard on reliability with the first unit.
Source: https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-ha-alza ... e-a-imola/

F1NAC

Vanja #66 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 18:17
Given how low they lifted his car, it is difficult to take photos

Must be Ferrari fans 8)

Andi76
Andi76

Interesting image of F1-75 without the engine-cover :

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/alexross ... ndroid_app

Also the article itself is very interesting. It says that a new simulator played a very important role for Ferraris improvements. This simulator consists of two triangular platforms where a carbon body rests. It also says that Ferraris engine has a combustion chamber with an innovative technology for fast ignition(i think scuderiafans also reported this). Intake channels create a turbulent flow for better expansion what results in more power and less fuel consumption. It also says that Ferrari probably went for a split turbo(not confirmed).

Sorry if the translation was not done properly, but my Italian is literally non-existent.

Vanja #66

rafeyahmad wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 23:13
Duchessa (the go-to journalist for anythng Ferrari) confirms the team ordered a 5bhp increase for the weekend:
A small power increase of 5 bhp has been deliberated in order to counter the better efficiency of Red Bull in Australia, which is able to generate more speed in the straights. It is not a foregone conclusion that this small gain will also be used at Imola, as Ferrari is also working hard on reliability with the first unit.
Source: https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-ha-alza ... e-a-imola/
Thanks. If true, that's not much, as they confirmed in the article, not more than 0.1s. It didn't make the difference in Q or in the race, race was about better tire management, i.e. better setup. Also confirmed in the article...

F1NAC wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 23:51
Given how low they lifted his car, it is difficult to take photos

https://streamable.com/2xm32j

Must be Ferrari fans 8)
Guess we now know where the CoG without the driver is. :mrgreen:

#BlessYouLaddie

matteosc
matteosc

Andi76 wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 08:57
Interesting image of F1-75 without the engine-cover :

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/alexross ... ndroid_app

Also the article itself is very interesting. It says that a new simulator played a very important role for Ferraris improvements. This simulator consists of two triangular platforms where a carbon body rests. It also says that Ferraris engine has a combustion chamber with an innovative technology for fast ignition(i think scuderiafans also reported this). Intake channels create a turbulent flow for better expansion what results in more power and less fuel consumption. It also says that Ferrari probably went for a split turbo(not confirmed).

Sorry if the translation was not done properly, but my Italian is literally non-existent.
You translated correctly, thanks for sharing this. I am not sure about the split turbo, or better I am not convinced about the reasons given in this article. It states that without split turbo "it wouldn't be possible to have so much torque at low rpm" and "it would have been difficult to obtain the minimum size necessary for such a small coke-bottle region". Even if a split turbo is perfectly possible, I do not think that these are good indicators that the new Ferrari engine has indeed a split turbo layout.