2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AMG.Tzan wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 18:51
Nice way to start a brand new 6-year contract Max... :lol:

I really want to see tensions rise between Max and Red Bull! I want to see him in a Mercedes after Lewis retires...
I cant see Max ever going to Mercedes.

If he leaves RB, realistically, who does he go to?

Wouter

AMG.Tzan wrote:

I really want to see tensions rise between Max and Red Bull!
#-o :roll:
The Power of Dreams!

Jambier

Very surprising all those reliability issue, I hope he will have a chance to fight with LEC and defend title

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

chrisc90 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:01
What were the 2 failures in Bahrain? Fuel cavitation in the tank causing a air lock?

Now we have a fuel leak from the tank to the pump.

I mean whilst its not drastic, its not good in terms of finishing the race. The pretty minor issues in the grand scheme of things, given it could be bigger hardware going such as ICE, MGU's etc etc.
If the fuel system isn't 100% reliable then it's a rather big problem, especially if you have to stop the car to save the PU from catching fire as Verstappen had to do today. If not for the team and Verstappen's quick reactions, Verstappen might well have lost the entire PU and incurred penalties further in the season. If you are a Red Bull fan you'll have to hope it was either damage or human error that caused the fuel issue. Rather than it being a design flaw or packaging issue.

Big Tea

Jambier wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 19:20
Very surprising all those reliability issue, I hope he will have a chance to fight with LEC and defend title
As Leclerc gains points on Max it becomes more and more like Max v Lewis has been. One driver collecting easy points and the other desperate to get the higher finishes. It would not have to go on this way for long to get back to the 'he has a lot more to lose than I do' thoughts when a 50/50 comes up. I hope the racing stays.., I was about to say clean, but that's the wrong word, lets say amicable.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AMG.Tzan

Wouter wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 19:08
AMG.Tzan wrote:

I really want to see tensions rise between Max and Red Bull!
#-o :roll:
Well it sounds like fanboism I know but having Max leave Red Bull like Vettel did back in 2014 will be quite nice for us fans I think as it will start a chain of reactions up and down the grid!

Apart from that I believe Marko and Horner's arrogant comments and the whole Red Bull attitude make him look like the "bad guy" just like Vettel looked until he went to Ferrari though Max looks quite a lot calmer after winning the title!

Anyway, with Porsche coming in in 2026 I don't think there's any better place for him right now but you never know... :P
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

godlameroso

You never know how the cars are going to develop throughout the year, the RB18 has a lot of potential for improvement. So does Ferrari, and the pecking order can shift throughout the season as developments are introduced. What is a 2-3 tenths gap now can +/- with one well or ill timed update. Other teams could take steps forward once the real world data starts filtering through the factory and back to the track.
Saishū kōnā

ringo

I cant beleive i am reading about Max leaving redbull. After signing that 40 mil a year deal?
Do people really think he can leave? lol
He is there till F1 turns electric. He should sit tight. He can afford to lose this year's wdc and go again in 2023. and then even up to 2025.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

chrisc90 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 18:58
AMG.Tzan wrote:

I really want to see tensions rise between Max and Red Bull! I want to see him in a Mercedes after Lewis retires...
I cant see Max ever going to Mercedes.

If he leaves RB, realistically, who does he go to?
He has Adrian Newey and a reliable and powerful engine. It is inevitable that he will win another championship with these ingredients so he would be foolish to leave.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

silver
silver

AMG.Tzan wrote:

Are you sure the Mercedes/Hamilton fans would welcome that move? :) Some of them didn't even like Russell getting the seat.
It would be like Alonso move to Ferrari which was indigestible to Ferrari/Schumacher fans. If Mercedes situation doesn't improve this year and worst case it remains similar next year or they are simply competitive and not dominant like until 2020, why would Verstappen leave? If the next year's car is indeed great one, wouldn't Hamilton renew his contract? Too many things that might make such a proposition impractical.

Curbstone
Curbstone

A very disappointing weekend. No pace, and no reliability. If I'm correct Australia isn't exactly the best reference for the calendar, but this is still worrying.

loekf2
loekf2

Curbstone wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 08:43
A very disappointing weekend. No pace, and no reliability. If I'm correct Australia isn't exactly the best reference for the calendar, but this is still worrying.
Is it also safe to say that Red Bull turned down the engine last weekend as well due to reliability concerns ?

What also concerns is that there no Honda engineers anymore in the pitlane. Repairing, maintenance, mappings is all done by Red Bull staff. Only production is still in Japan.

etusch

loekf2 wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 10:47
Curbstone wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 08:43
Is it also safe to say that Red Bull turned down the engine last weekend as well due to reliability concerns ?

What also concerns is that there no Honda engineers anymore in the pitlane. Repairing, maintenance, mappings is all done by Red Bull staff. Only production is still in Japan.
I don't know if there is failure at Power Unit's itself. Maybe Mgu-k. But I am not sure about it too. If there was mgu-k maybe it is just a weight reductiong thing. I don't think there is engine reliability concern.
It seems to me that these are results of last season's season long competition. I hope they will be solved soon.
And Redbull's race pace was better than Ferrari or at least at same level when tyres are ok. But they eat up tyres too soon which is very bad. Putting fuel system failures a side their main reason of uncompetitiveness was tyre life at first race and at last race.
It is very acceptable to expect a faster red bull from race to race by looking past. But until that performance come in play they should keep getting points at least. Because of that dnf are very bad and maybe unrecoverable after some point.

Big Tea

ringo wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 03:05
I cant beleive i am reading about Max leaving redbull. After signing that 40 mil a year deal?
Do people really think he can leave? lol
He is there till F1 turns electric. He should sit tight. He can afford to lose this year's wdc and go again in 2023. and then even up to 2025.
I think he probably has a backdoor, but the question would be where would he go?
Remembering what he is being paid at RBR, who would take him that could afford it?

The obvious is Ferrari, and I don't see them changing for a few years.
Mercedes, They have Russell and if things work out as they want, they will be looking at a young driver with him. I see Gasly or Albon there.

Mclaren and Alpine are probably the only other teams that could afford him, discounting AM, which would not be progress for Max from Red Bull unless the really nosedive which I can not see happening.

As you say, he is there for 4 years at least, unless there is an unexpected new team in the wings.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AMG.Tzan

silver wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 07:22
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Are you sure the Mercedes/Hamilton fans would welcome that move? :) Some of them didn't even like Russell getting the seat.
It would be like Alonso move to Ferrari which was indigestible to Ferrari/Schumacher fans. If Mercedes situation doesn't improve this year and worst case it remains similar next year or they are simply competitive and not dominant like until 2020, why would Verstappen leave? If the next year's car is indeed great one, wouldn't Hamilton renew his contract? Too many things that might make such a proposition impractical.
I am a Hamilton-Mercedes fan! Just sayin... :lol:

For me it wouldn't mean much since Lewis has already accomplished way too much so I wouldn't care to be honest! Apart from that taking Max from Red Bull would instantly weaken Red Bull as Max is pretty much their only hope!

Also I wouldn't like Hamilton renewing beyond 2023! He's accomplished way too much as I said already... :)
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis