2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alexf1
Alexf1

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AMG.Tzan wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 13:16
silver wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 07:22
AMG.Tzan wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 18:51
Nice way to start a brand new 6-year contract Max... :lol:

I really want to see tensions rise between Max and Red Bull! I want to see him in a Mercedes after Lewis retires...
Are you sure the Mercedes/Hamilton fans would welcome that move? :) Some of them didn't even like Russell getting the seat.
It would be like Alonso move to Ferrari which was indigestible to Ferrari/Schumacher fans. If Mercedes situation doesn't improve this year and worst case it remains similar next year or they are simply competitive and not dominant like until 2020, why would Verstappen leave? If the next year's car is indeed great one, wouldn't Hamilton renew his contract? Too many things that might make such a proposition impractical.
I am a Hamilton-Mercedes fan! Just sayin... :lol:

For me it wouldn't mean much since Lewis has already accomplished way too much so I wouldn't care to be honest! Apart from that taking Max from Red Bull would instantly weaken Red Bull as Max is pretty much their only hope!

Also I wouldn't like Hamilton renewing beyond 2023! He's accomplished way too much as I said already... :)
I thought Merc was future proof now with taking Russel on board. He had a better result than Ham in Aus.

Wouter

loekf2 wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 10:47
What also concerns is that there no Honda engineers anymore in the pitlane. Repairing, maintenance, mappings is all done by Red Bull staff. Only production is still in Japan.
There are still enough (ex) Honda engineers in the pitlane, but they are now paid by ORBR and wearing ORBR outfits. :)
The Power of Dreams!

AMG.Tzan

Alexf1 wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 13:52
AMG.Tzan wrote:
silver wrote:
Are you sure the Mercedes/Hamilton fans would welcome that move? :) Some of them didn't even like Russell getting the seat.
It would be like Alonso move to Ferrari which was indigestible to Ferrari/Schumacher fans. If Mercedes situation doesn't improve this year and worst case it remains similar next year or they are simply competitive and not dominant like until 2020, why would Verstappen leave? If the next year's car is indeed great one, wouldn't Hamilton renew his contract? Too many things that might make such a proposition impractical.

For me it wouldn't mean much since Lewis has already accomplished way too much so I wouldn't care to be honest! Apart from that taking Max from Red Bull would instantly weaken Red Bull as Max is pretty much their only hope!

Also I wouldn't like Hamilton renewing beyond 2023! He's accomplished way too much as I said already... :)
I thought Merc was future proof now with taking Russel on board. He had a better result than Ham in Aus.
Well yeah but still when Lewis retires they'll need a good driver so why not have a Verstapen-Russell super team? :shock:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Alexf1
Alexf1

AMG.Tzan wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 13:58
Alexf1 wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Well yeah but still when Lewis retires they'll need a good driver so why not have a Verstapen-Russell super team? :shock:
3 different teams fighting at the front is my dream

diffuser

PlatinumZealot wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 04:43
chrisc90 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 18:58
AMG.Tzan wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 18:51
Nice way to start a brand new 6-year contract Max... :lol:

I really want to see tensions rise between Max and Red Bull! I want to see him in a Mercedes after Lewis retires...
I cant see Max ever going to Mercedes.

If he leaves RB, realistically, who does he go to?
He has Adrian Newey and a reliable and powerful engine. It is inevitable that he will win another championship with these ingredients so he would be foolish to leave.
Newey is 63. One would think his best days are behind him.

hasika
hasika

loekf2 wrote:
Curbstone wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 08:43
A very disappointing weekend. No pace, and no reliability. If I'm correct Australia isn't exactly the best reference for the calendar, but this is still worrying.
Is it also safe to say that Red Bull turned down the engine last weekend as well due to reliability concerns ?

What also concerns is that there no Honda engineers anymore in the pitlane. Repairing, maintenance, mappings is all done by Red Bull staff. Only production is still in Japan.
I dont think RB turned down engine last weekend,they were still quite fast in straight line even with big rear wing.You can see Perze overtook Hamilton easily without DRS in lap23,with a huge speed advantage.The biggest problem is reliability at the moment,then about corner speed and tyre degradation.For example,Red Bull was much quicker in first few laps than Mercedes then they were not much differenet after a few laps during every stint,its quite strange for me.

diffuser

hasika wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 15:13
loekf2 wrote:
Curbstone wrote:
A very disappointing weekend. No pace, and no reliability. If I'm correct Australia isn't exactly the best reference for the calendar, but this is still worrying.
Is it also safe to say that Red Bull turned down the engine last weekend as well due to reliability concerns ?

I dont think RB turned down engine last weekend,they were still quite fast in straight line even with big rear wing.You can see Perze overtook Hamilton easily without DRS in lap23,with a huge speed advantage.The biggest problem is reliability at the moment,then about corner speed and tyre degradation.For example,Red Bull was much quicker in first few laps than Mercedes then they were not much differenet after a few laps during every stint,its quite strange for me.
Agreed, how would turning down the PU help in a fuel flow problem ?

NicoS

diffuser wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 14:30
PlatinumZealot wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 18:58

I cant see Max ever going to Mercedes.

If he leaves RB, realistically, who does he go to?
He has Adrian Newey and a reliable and powerful engine. It is inevitable that he will win another championship with these ingredients so he would be foolish to leave.
Newey is 63. One would think his best days are behind him.
knowledge never ages.

basti313
basti313

hasika wrote:
loekf2 wrote:
Curbstone wrote:

I agree on the point of not turning down....but I can not see the engine power.
Especially after lap 6 Perez was stuck behind Hamilton and could not close up well despite having DRS for nearly 4 laps. That was a demonstration by Merc how much they can still deploy in the race if they need or want to.
After these laps the power was gone, maybe heat issue.
The overtake on lap 23 was just deployment where Hamilton did not deploy. I think that was even a smart move, Perez would have been a sitting duck on the next DRS straight. Only the SC saved him.

I do not see that one engine is particularly stronger than another one, we see mostly concept and chassis as a differentiation.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Alexf1 wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:
silver wrote:

Did u not watch the race? Russell only got aheas of Hamilton thanks to the safety car

Alexf1
Alexf1

Mchamilton wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:15
Alexf1 wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Did u not watch the race? Russell only got aheas of Hamilton thanks to the safety car
I know, but a change of generations usually starts like this. He's lucky, he's in the way, car is better suited for his driving style, he's in front, he's better, he's off into the distance

vorticism

PlatinumZealot wrote:
He has Adrian Newey and a reliable and powerful engine.
-Reliable
-Finishes 33% of races so far

Choose one.
𓄀

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Alexf1 wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:24
Mchamilton wrote:
Alexf1 wrote:

I know, but a change of generations usually starts like this. He's lucky, he's in the way, car is better suited for his driving style, he's in front, he's better, he's off into the distance
Possibly, i wouldnt be too displeased if it happened like that, George has the junior credentials to show he deserves his chance at the very top

diffuser

Mchamilton wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:30
Alexf1 wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:24
Mchamilton wrote:

Possibly, i wouldnt be too displeased if it happened like that, George has the junior credentials to show he deserves his chance at the very top
Not sure where this discussionis going. Regardless if you think Russel is better than Hamilton or not. We all have to agree he's doing an excellant job, a job that Hamilton himself would be proud of. There is no question that he's younger than hamilton... For me that pretty much confirms that when Hamilton is ready to step down, Russel will likely be good enough to take the lead. So yeah "future proof".

Also not sure why this is on the Red bull thread.

apriandy
apriandy

hasika wrote:
I don't think RB uses a big rear wing. Because it looks like they struggle with the grip and tyre wear.