Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ISLAMATRON

Re: Ferrari F60

xpensive wrote:Sometimes Islam, you wisdoms makes me wonder what you do for a living? Being humble and learn from experience is to my mind never unprofessional, not in any line of work I should imagine.
I co-own & manage a high performance auto shop... formally an automotive engineer... but stay on topic xpensive!

F1 is a competitive sport... if Lewis was learning from Alonso's experience and still being faster than him than he had every right to compete for the world championship. Rookie or not he had the skills to compete... saying he should have been held back is absurd.

There should have been no need to keep Hamilton "in-line"... Alonso should have easily defeated him... but the truth about Alonso was put out in the light... He obviously wasnt as good as many thought and he easily becomes rattled under pressure.

Now back to the F60?

Saribro
Saribro

xpensive wrote:Sometimes Islam, you wisdoms makes me wonder what you do for a living? Being humble and learn from experience is to my mind never unprofessional, not in any line of work I should imagine.
On the one hand, yes. On the other hand, when you're as close to the edge as in F1, you need more conviction than humility to achieve anything, IMHO.

xpensive
xpensive

When we are discussing Formula one racing and not historic US-politics, I'd say we are reasonably on topic, agree Islam?

Flat-out speed over one lap is perhaps not the only quality of an F1 driver, Sweden's own Ronnie Peterson was good evidence of that, why I would love to see Alonso taking an overall grip on the F60, just like he did with the MP4-22.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

xpensive
xpensive

I guess Montezemolo's presence i Bahrain didn't hurt, if nothing else Raikkonen was in the points this time.

Even if things turn around like magic in three weeks, I wonder how many of this year's team will be there in 2010?

johnny99
johnny99

Very true. I was very surprised how slow the pitstops were. Both last stops were just under 8 seconds, with 13 and 11 laps of fuel needed. Brawn on the other hand completed Rubens stop in 6.6, and they are not the known for there pitstops. There seemed to be no sense of urgency. Why were they not working on a diffuser as soon as they seen the DDD of the other teams. Not what one comes to expect from a WCC.

John

axle
axle

johnny99 wrote:Very true. I was very surprised how slow the pitstops were. Both last stops were just under 8 seconds, with 13 and 11 laps of fuel needed. Brawn on the other hand completed Rubens stop in 6.6, and they are not the known for there pitstops. There seemed to be no sense of urgency. Why were they not working on a diffuser as soon as they seen the DDD of the other teams. Not what one comes to expect from a WCC.

John
How can you compare Ruben's stops when he was on a 3 stopper?
- Axle

transporter
transporter

Who has new aero package or double diffuser pics will be released in Spain? Pls up load for discussing.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

transporter wrote:Who has new aero package or double diffuser pics will be released in Spain? Pls up load for discussing.
Hi transporter, welcome to THE forum. Right now, those upgrades are still top secret for their respective teams. It would take an act of industrial espionage to get any information on upgrades. We just have to be patient and wait until the 8th of May (Friday practice) before they are unveiled to the public eye.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Callum

DaveKillens wrote:
transporter wrote:Who has new aero package or double diffuser pics will be released in Spain? Pls up load for discussing.
Hi transporter, welcome to THE forum. Right now, those upgrades are still top secret for their respective teams. It would take an act of industrial espionage to get any information on upgrades. We just have to be patient and wait until the 8th of May (Friday practice) before they are unveiled to the public eye.
And we wouldnt want to go spying on anyone..

andartop
andartop

johnny99 wrote:Very true. I was very surprised how slow the pitstops were. Both last stops were just under 8 seconds, with 13 and 11 laps of fuel needed. Brawn on the other hand completed Rubens stop in 6.6, and they are not the known for there pitstops. There seemed to be no sense of urgency. Why were they not working on a diffuser as soon as they seen the DDD of the other teams. Not what one comes to expect from a WCC.

John
Actually I think Kimi's last stop was just above 9 seconds (9.2?), and Massa's a couple of seconds quicker. Absolutely inexcusable considering Kimi only had 13 laps to go. Had they got it right he would probably have rejoined the race right in front of Rubens, and with the KERS he might have been able to finish in front of him... (sigh)
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

timbo
timbo

andartop wrote:

John
Actually I think Kimi's last stop was just above 9 seconds (9.2?), and Massa's a couple of seconds quicker. Absolutely inexcusable considering Kimi only had 13 laps to go. Had they got it right he would probably have rejoined the race right in front of Rubens, and with the KERS he might have been able to finish in front of him... (sigh)
It was reported that they had problem with left-front wheel flange.

Bob Brown

timbo wrote:
andartop wrote:

John
It was reported that they had problem with left-front wheel flange.
yea if you watch the pitstop, you can watch the botched pit stop job......such a shame. Kimi could've finisehd 5th.

xpensive
xpensive

How often did you see Schumacher having a bad pit-stop, for whatever reason, has Ferrari become a normal F1 team? :wink:

transporter
transporter

I think Schumi is obviously a best drive but bad in strategy man, thus Ferrari had confirmed to welcome Schumi sometime in some circuits which he had experience consultant.

Last pit 13/57 Kimi lost 9.4s 'cause technical teams is very bad to put in left wheel fairing and out lap 6 behind Rubens's 3rd-pit 10/57. But I not sure Kimi can go ahead Rubens if quicker pit because Brawn cars are very trong. No 6 is good for Kimi in this situation. Hoping next Spain to see Kimi pole like last season. Hahahaha.

andartop
andartop

Yeah, the Brawns are quite strong, but Kimi was looking good for 5th. Actually he did quite a nice race (AMEN) starting from 10th and finishing 6th without any retirements or safety cars.
If only he had the pace to get into Q2 without using a set of soft tires he could have possibly qualified at 6th-8th position and would have had a good chance to challenge Hami for 4th. With an excellent strategy he might have even been able to challenge for a podium.
Now why do I have a feeling that if it had been Schumi in his shoes he would have done exactly that? :roll:
Nevermind, maybe just wishful thinking..
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft