2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
silver
silver

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Zynerji wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:46
RonMexico wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:35
Just_a_fan wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 10:31

Being a bit "posh" didn't hurt Button's place in British fans' hearts. Hunt was also "a bit posh" and again popular in the UK. Same with Stirling Moss.

I think George and Lando will split the fan vote between them, but I can see George becoming popular if he does well against Lewis as the latter isn't actually that popular in the UK.
I think he has lost significant fan appeal between the Bottas crash/slap to the head and the tweets after Abu Dhabi. Lando is miles more popular through twitch alone than Russell

Lando is genuine in his character. George is as fake as a 3 dollar bill.

I like them both as drivers, but it would be Lando on a camping trip for me!
Couldn't have said it better. Their young driver fish tank is empty and I think they should try and sponsor Oscar Piastri a seat at Williams or go for Red Bull stable to hijack Gasly or one of the youngsters in F2.

PlatinumZealot

KeiKo403 wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 10:40
If Lewis retires then Vettel would be in. Vettel is a good driver, he’s German, fights for change like Lewis does and importantly is a World Champion. It’s not a requirement for Mercedes to have a WDC but I believe in their entire history in the sport as a constructor they’ve always had a previous or current champion driver.

But anyway, I don’t think Lewis would walk away from the team just yet. I believe they’ll get this car working and fighting for wins this year.
Vettel has aged past Lewis in more ways than one, but that does sound like a good Idea. He will definitely be a firm number 2 driver but it would be like a German swan song for him at least. Nothing more than a 1 year deal though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

An another topic, here is the optical sensor among others that was left of Lewis' car over the AUS GP:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/the- ... n/9835076/
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

RonMexico
RonMexico

f1jcw wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:53
RonMexico wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Being a bit "posh" didn't hurt Button's place in British fans' hearts. Hunt was also "a bit posh" and again popular in the UK. Same with Stirling Moss.

I think George and Lando will split the fan vote between them, but I can see George becoming popular if he does well against Lewis as the latter isn't actually that popular in the UK.
I think he has lost significant fan appeal between the Bottas crash/slap to the head and the tweets after Abu Dhabi. Lando is miles more popular through twitch alone than Russell
tweets after Abu Dhabi :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure

I think most people in here, who support Merc would approve of those tweets, not dimish him. The only people that would be off put him by them would be Max fans.
There are plenty of people who don't support either of those drivers or teams. This Lewis V Max talk has become extremely grating.

Big Tea

RonMexico wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 01:42

No doubt he'll do the job on track I've got a feeling he's a bit of a diva behind the scenes and hasn't got the fan appeal but that's just my opinion. He's too posh for the general public to connect with him, again just my opinion.

He did with me. I was undecided if it was arrogance or loss of control of his temper, and if he has to go head to head hard v Max, Lewis, Charles or Lando he will either lose out or end up in trouble with the stewards.
Having said that though, We do not know if anything happened or was said prior to the race, or even over private radio during.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:46
RonMexico wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Lando is genuine in his character. George is as fake as a 3 dollar bill.

I like them both as drivers, but it would be Lando on a camping trip for me!
Ooh, is that a Brokeback Mountain confession there Zynerji? :wink: :lol: :lol:

George seems to be a more corporate-speak interviewee, where Lando just seems like a young guy that still pinches himself every morning because he can't believe he's in F1. 8)
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Vaexa
Vaexa

Russell always feels to me like the world's very first vat born human. Always peddling the Mercedes PR lines, always giving the politically correct non-answers, always dead nice but in a fakey way. It makes it even more awkward when the frustration/anger comes through, like at Imola.

His face also looks like it was generated by an AI. Having Russell in this team has helped me appreciate just how full of personality Hamilton is, even if it really is his own unique brand of personality (in a good way!)

mstar
mstar

Vaexa wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 19:38
Russell always feels to me like the world's very first vat born human. Always peddling the Mercedes PR lines, always giving the politically correct non-answers, always dead nice but in a fakey way. It makes it even more awkward when the frustration/anger comes through, like at Imola.

His face also looks like it was generated by an AI. Having Russell in this team has helped me appreciate just how full of personality Hamilton is, even if it really is his own unique brand of personality (in a good way!)
I agree, George is starting to become annoying. I mean he is the definition of a MR Corporate / PR man. The cliches he comes out with are memorised answers like "We are winning team, we want to win. We need to try harder" [repeat line 10 times a weekend] (you know what i mean).

Jambier

mstar wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 19:47
Vaexa wrote:

I agree, George is starting to become annoying. I mean he is the definition of a MR Corporate / PR man. The cliches he comes out with are memorised answers like "We are winning team, we want to win. We need to try harder" [repeat line 10 times a weekend] (you know what i mean).
Yes but you have to understand than him or Leclerc are guys born in that generation of being so corporate.
It is what the world is today for the youngs.

And Russell is new to the team, let's see in a couple of years, or fighting for the title, it may change.

And remember Hamilton first years at McLaren

mstar
mstar

Difference was Lewis was contracted to follow the PR press conference statements, and was under Ron's orders to smile and go with corporate line.
George on the other hand has taken it on himself to be "Mr corporate" thunderbirds style statements. and a personality of a breadcrumb.

chrisc90

Agree. Exactly what I said a few posts ago too.

I don’t get it really. Compare him with the likes of lando (or even max) during interviews and Russell just sounds so fake and robotic repeating what the team have told him to say.

Next it’ll be thanking the fans, and the guys back at the factory doing an amazing job. (The factory one already started)

proteus

Vaexa wrote:

You need to wait for his 10 succesfull years if he establishes himself as a succesfull driver and then we will have the chance to see how is he like. Right now he has a very narrow window in terms of what he can say and how he can act. Especially since we live in a time when almost everybody gets super easily offended by literally anything. Indeed he is acting like he is told to.

In terms of Lewis, i will give my opinion how i see him: Lewis is simply pushing it too far. He wants to stand out so much, that it becomes annoying really fast - and thats why i believe he got so much hate in last few seasons. Like it, or hate it, thats how i see it.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Big Tea

I think he is going about it the right way, no matter what his personality is or his personal preference of how he is perceived.
The way things are today there is always hordes of people waiting to jump on your slightest 'grey' patch. If you are not whiter than white fresh from the laundry, someone will have a go, and he is not established as his own man or his own drive yet.

It one of those no - win positions, and he is taking the safest path he can.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Vaexa
Vaexa

proteus wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 20:12

You need to wait for his 10 succesfull years if he establishes himself as a succesfull driver and then we will have the chance to see how is he like. Right now he has a very narrow window in terms of what he can say and how he can act. Especially since we live in a time when almost everybody gets super easily offended by literally anything. Indeed he is acting like he is told to.

In terms of Lewis, i will give my opinion how i see him: Lewis is simply pushing it too far. He wants to stand out so much, that it becomes annoying really fast - and thats why i believe he got so much hate in last few seasons. Like it, or hate it, thats how i see it.
I concede Hamilton can be a bit marmite, but I like how he stands out, and how forthright he is about his other passions and sense of style. I can see why that's not everyone's thing, though. It is *very* flashy.

Evo2racer
Evo2racer

Re: Mercedes W13

De Jokke wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 13:16
I was hoping for something big in Imola but Russell said nothing substantial in the pipeline for the moment... :o :cry:
Jesus

Where did you hear this!

Very scary information, this can’t be true 😳😱😰