2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
saviour stivala
saviour stivala

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

The 2021 regulations financial rules. The cost cap runs for one year (21 GP’S). An increase of one million for each extra GP. The cost for/of purchasing a supply dial for customer engine supply has been capped at euro 15 million per season. So to me it seems to mean that ‘’An engine customer that runs two cars with each car having an engine, with each car being limited to use three engines per season'', have his engine supply cost for the season of 21 GP’S capped at euro 15 million.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

The cost and use of number of engines. It has been reported that in the past three races Alonso Alpine has already used three engines. and as it is only three engines he suffers no grid penalty yet. also it does not mean that the first two engines cannot be used again.

ringo

Why am I getting a sense that Marko is slowly turning against Max, or more accurately he is being more neutral by not praising him as much. Is it because Max is blaming the car for pace and reliability issues and Checo is just getting on with the job?
Checo qualified within a tenth of Max in Australia, and ran a pretty decent race up to the point Max retired, but Marko is making it seem as if Max has to take responsibility for his unlucky dnf's so far.

I am closely following the narative at this team, and I do wonder if Jos has some role to play in how his son interacts with the team and the media. Now that they've locked in the mega contract, are they letting it go to their heads and then blame the car for the results so far?
For Sure!!

proteus

ringo wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 21:24
Why am I getting a sense that Marko is slowly turning against Max, or more accurately he is being more neutral by not praising him as much. Is it because Max is blaming the car for pace and reliability issues and Checo is just getting on with the job?
Checo qualified within a tenth of Max in Australia, and ran a pretty decent race up to the point Max retired, but Marko is making it seem as if Max has to take responsibility for his unlucky dnf's so far.

I am closely following the narative at this team, and I do wonder if Jos has some role to play in how his son interacts with the team and the media. Now that they've locked in the mega contract, are they letting it go to their heads and then blame the car for the results so far?
Max became very loudly and publicly displeased about the current situation. If this escalates further and further, we might get a Prost/Ferrari situation possible to happen.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Big Tea

proteus wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 21:32
ringo wrote:

Max became very loudly and publicly displeased about the current situation. If this escalates further and further, we might get a Prost/Ferrari situation possible to happen.
There are more ways to leave a team than to have an exit clause. :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ringo wrote:

Marko has always publicly criticized Max when he see's fit. Marko says what he thinks, no filter.

Both Perez and Verstappen have commented on this and they like that about Marko.

vorticism

The DNF causes seem odd, although RB not known for their reliability since 2014. Or Newey generally, where people complain about his 'glass' cars.

That being said, let's shake up the thread: how do teams prevent sabotage?
Last edited by vorticism on 12 Apr 2022, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
𓄀

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

ringo wrote:
Why am I getting a sense that Marko is slowly turning against Max [...]
I think everyone who has been reading your posts knows exactly why lol

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

vorticism wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 21:44

With good salaries...

ringo

vorticism wrote:
The DNF causes seem odd, although RB not known for their reliability since 2014. Or Newey generally, where people complain about his 'glass' cars.

What did they discover with Max's car as the cause of the fire?
For Sure!!

vorticism

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 21:46
With good salaries...
A saboteur may not be in the team though. Could be at a supplier. With the monies involved, combined with shared suppliers, there could be a financial incentive to mess with a supply chain.

How extensive are the inspections of supplier parts? How extensive are the inspections of failed supplier components?

If some thing like a fuel pump or fuel line fails (speculative) does the blame go to the supplier? The chassis engineer? The fuel chemist? The driver?

ringo wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 21:53
afaik we only have press accounts and comments from the team, neither of which really tell us what happened in either race
𓄀

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ringo wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 21:53
vorticism wrote:

The team said it was a fuel leak. They detected a significant loss of fuel in the telemetry.

Juzh

toraabe wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 15:20
https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut-ma ... -too-much/

Seems that Perez is more confident in the car than Verstappen... Interesting
Car is slow and understeery, just the way perez likes it and opposite Verstappen's liking, bit still verstappen is clear as day much faster whenever chips are down. Once they sort it out it'll be back to usual 0.5s difference.

ringo

It's not a slow car by any means. Perez raced past everyone apart from Charles.
I believe if Perez was P-2 instead of Max in that race, he would have been able to pressure Leclerc.
Perez tyre saving abilities will give him an advantage over Max this year when fighting against a Ferrari that is also good at saving tyres.
Though there was a phase in the race when both redbulls started losing pace massively compared to the mercedes.
I think this is down to setup. Max and his engineers are just not getting the setup right. The balance in the car seems to be better for perez and so is the tyre wear in Perez car. For Max maybe he is setting it up to give him more front end, and this just does not work for these cars.
For Sure!!

toraabe
toraabe

Exactly. The high rake with the front wing almost touching the ground with a massive front end grip is gone. Now the front wing is more just for trimming. Since the downforce centre is where the tunnels are at the lowest, it is impossible to get that front end back. Now Verstappen has to prove himself how good he is without overdriving the car