2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ringo wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 02:03
It's not a slow car by any means. Perez raced past everyone apart from Charles.
I believe if Perez was P-2 instead of Max in that race, he would have been able to pressure Leclerc.
Perez tyre saving abilities will give him an advantage over Max this year when fighting against a Ferrari that is also good at saving tyres.
Though there was a phase in the race when both redbulls started losing pace massively compared to the mercedes.
I think this is down to setup. Max and his engineers are just not getting the setup right. The balance in the car seems to be better for perez and so is the tyre wear in Perez car. For Max maybe he is setting it up to give him more front end, and this just does not work for these cars.
As usual you're writing nonsense without checking out what was actually happening. You've probably watched highlights on youtube or listened to croft on sky and then went to write this comment.

Yes, understeery car is slow in nature. If you can't have perfect balance then in most cases you want just a little bit of oversteer (kinda like ferrari has currently). Understeer is the worst kind of unabalance, slow and grains rubber easily with the front constantly scrubbing off on tarmac.
Perez' tyre management skills are just a myth at this point. Even from his sauber days it was mostly down to the car being good on tyres, same as lotus. He's had no advantages to speak of against verstappen since he joined red bull. Even in melbourne he put in a few fast laps after he overtook hamilton, then he dropped off and ended up further behind verstappen who was struggling with graining. So either Perez is so slow Verstappen can beat him with heavy graining, or he had problems of his own with graining.

After they switched to hard verstappen was just on a different level vs perez, 2.6s faster on out lap (!). Perez was so bad at warming up hard compound he managed to get jumped by hamilton, something that would never happen to Verstappen. These things add up.

Wouter

Verstappen launches his own racing team alongside Red Bull

Max Verstappen has unveiled his own racing team, named Verstappen.com Racing, which he has launched with full support from Red Bull.

The World Champion is well-known to be a fan of racing in both the virtual and real worlds, and his new team will bring the two together with drivers running under the moniker in real life and on the screen.

Father Jos will compete with the Verstappen.com Racing team when he takes part in the Belgian Rally Championship this year, while young Dutchman Thierry Vermeulen will race with the team’s support in the ADAC GT Masters series this year.
(The Rally team currently consists of Jos Verstappen/Kris Botson and Richard Pex/Johan Findhammer, a third team will be added.)

In the virtual world, Verstappen.com Racing will be represented by Team Redline – the team with which Verstappen has won races such as the Virtual Le Mans 24 Hours in the past.

Verstappen said: “Racing has always been my biggest passion in life, from the moment I first stepped into a go-kart until today. Besides my own Formula 1 career, racing is what I dedicate most of my time to.”

“I am truly happy that, with the Verstappen.com Racing team, I can share the love for racing with drivers and teams I feel closely connected to.

“Apart from the fun it brings me, I can also share my racing knowledge with them, which hopefully helps everybody to improve themselves.”

“After agreeing upon a long-term deal with Red Bull Racing earlier this year, I am very happy to be part of the Red Bull family for many years to come.

“The close partnership with Red Bull as a company is also reflected in the fact that they are supporting the Verstappen.com Racing team for the coming years, which makes me very proud. I can’t wait to get started and keep pushing flat out.”
The Power of Dreams!

ringo

Juzh wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 09:48
ringo wrote:
I believe if Perez was P-2 instead of Max in that race, he would have been able to pressure Leclerc.
Perez tyre saving abilities will give him an advantage over Max this year when fighting against a Ferrari that is also good at saving tyres.
Though there was a phase in the race when both redbulls started losing pace massively compared to the mercedes.
I think this is down to setup. Max and his engineers are just not getting the setup right. The balance in the car seems to be better for perez and so is the tyre wear in Perez car. For Max maybe he is setting it up to give him more front end, and this just does not work for these cars.
As usual you're writing nonsense without checking out what was actually happening. You've probably watched highlights on youtube or listened to croft on sky and then went to write this comment.

Yes, understeery car is slow in nature. If you can't have perfect balance then in most cases you want just a little bit of oversteer (kinda like ferrari has currently). Understeer is the worst kind of unabalance, slow and grains rubber easily with the front constantly scrubbing off on tarmac.
Perez' tyre management skills are just a myth at this point. Even from his sauber days it was mostly down to the car being good on tyres, same as lotus. He's had no advantages to speak of against verstappen since he joined red bull. Even in melbourne he put in a few fast laps after he overtook hamilton, then he dropped off and ended up further behind verstappen who was struggling with graining. So either Perez is so slow Verstappen can beat him with heavy graining, or he had problems of his own with graining.

After they switched to hard verstappen was just on a different level vs perez, 2.6s faster on out lap (!). Perez was so bad at warming up hard compound he managed to get jumped by hamilton, something that would never happen to Verstappen. These things add up.
And I am talking nonsense. What's a worse kind of imbalance and do you have an explanation for this?
Oversteer is more unstable than understeer. It's better to have an understeering car that is fast, than an oversteering one that is not as fast over the whole race. An oversteering imbalance is not self correcting like an understeering imbalance.
Driver's who like oversteer don't actually setup the car to have oversteer. They just want the car to feel more neutral; which is easier to rotate. Some driver's do not feel comfortable with too much of a neutral car, because of how they get feedback from it. Kimi was famous for wanting a certain feeling on the front axle, and he needed special power steering to give him this.
An oversteering car is not inherently superior. So maybe you should be sure about what you understand first.
The best setup is the one that finishes the race the fastest and gets the driver to perform his best.
In this formula, the tyre wear is very important. If a driver likes to oversteer he is going to feel good for a few laps then realize he has overheated his rear tyres, or scrubbed off too much on the fronts, or whatever it is he does to correct an increasing imbalance like an oversteer. It works the tyres more.
For Sure!!

yener

ringo wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 23:19
Juzh wrote:
ringo wrote:

And I am talking nonsense. What's a worse kind of imbalance and do you have an explanation for this?
Oversteer is more unstable than understeer. It's better to have an understeering car that is fast, than an oversteering one that is not as fast over the whole race. An oversteering imbalance is not self correcting like an understeering imbalance.
Driver's who like oversteer don't actually setup the car to have oversteer. They just want the car to feel more neutral; which is easier to rotate. Some driver's do not feel comfortable with too much of a neutral car, because of how they get feedback from it. Kimi was famous for wanting a certain feeling on the front axle, and he needed special power steering to give him this.
An oversteering car is not inherently superior. So maybe you should be sure about what you understand first.
The best setup is the one that finishes the race the fastest and gets the driver to perform his best.
In this formula, the tyre wear is very important. If a driver likes to oversteer he is going to feel good for a few laps then realize he has overheated his rear tyres, or scrubbed off too much on the fronts, or whatever it is he does to correct an increasing imbalance like an oversteer. It works the tyres more.
Understeer is the worst, because you cant correct it. The only way to correct it is to let your foot of throttle and hope for the best. Oversteer on the other hand is managable trough steering corrections and adjusting your throttle. Also when you have understeer and the front tyres grip it leads to suddenly oversteer.

Now we can all agree, some drivers prefer oversteer and some like understeer. But seeing the footage, this car looks looks like a full loaded container ship (see turn 15 australian GP)
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

yener

Horner stated: I rather work on a fast unreliable car to make it reliable than to make a slow reliable car, faster.

Well Christian, this car is slow and not reliable.

That Ferrari is the new Mercedes.

ringo

yener wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 01:22
ringo wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 23:19
Juzh wrote:

Understeer is the worst, because you cant correct it. The only way to correct it is to let your foot of throttle and hope for the best. Oversteer on the other hand is managable trough steering corrections and adjusting your throttle. Also when you have understeer and the front tyres grip it leads to suddenly oversteer.

Now we can all agree, some drivers prefer oversteer and some like understeer. But seeing the footage, this car looks looks like a full loaded container ship (see turn 15 australian GP)
He said imbalance. What makes it worse is that it's an aero dependent car. An oversteering aero car is detrimental over a race. Once it has that imbalance, the imbalance will increase on its own and the car will want to swap ends.
An understeering car will not increase imbalance on its own, you will have to press the throttle more, or the tyres will have to lose grip completely. But in an aero car with wings and end plates, the car will correct itself even more with an understeer, remember those shark fins we used to see on the older cars. An oversteering car will have no self correction; the driver will have to do this by hacking at the wheel which is inefficient.
It is just a fact that an oversteering car takes more out of the tyres because it's more unstable.

reference: https://flowracers.com/blog/oversteer-vs-understeer/

Oversteer...................Oversteer............Understeer..........Understeer
Benefits..................... Drawbacks...........Benefits............Drawbacks
More Responsive............Less Stable ......... More Stable.......Less Responsive
Faster turn in...............Harsh on Tires..........Easy on Tires..........Slower Turn in
Faster Corner Speeds.......Rear loses grip.......Better in Rain.........Front loses grip
For Sure!!

etusch

yener wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 01:26
Horner stated: I rather work on a fast unreliable car to make it reliable than to make a slow reliable car, faster.

Ferrari is not new mercedes. This statement is one of worst smelling sh.t in the world. Ferrari is Ferrari and this season Ferrari is fastest car or most ready car. This is how it should be said. There is not place for name of a midlevel car in that statement.
Redbull is not slow, it is fast maybe fastest but unreliable and can not use tyres efficiently.

Wouter

Red Bull Motorsport Advisor Dr. Helmut Marko when asked:
"We were able to clarify the cause of the fuel leak in Max's car."

The man from Graz did not want to answer whether a short-term solution before the next Grand Prix
in Emilia Romagna (April 24, Imola) is possible or whether more time is needed.
"The matter is very complex. The problem is absolutely different from that of Bahrain."
https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/ ... mplex.html
The Power of Dreams!

yener

etusch wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 08:23
yener wrote:

Ferrari is not new mercedes. This statement is one of worst smelling sh.t in the world. Ferrari is Ferrari and this season Ferrari is fastest car or most ready car. This is how it should be said. There is not place for name of a midlevel car in that statement.
Redbull is not slow, it is fast maybe fastest but unreliable and can not use tyres efficiently.
Easy Etusch, take a chill pil.

I refer to the dominant Mercedes in the turbo hybrid era, when they had much more speed than the others.
Compared to Ferrari, the RB is slow, ineffecient and unreliable.
The fastest lap in lap 38 was enough to get that point extra, remember 😉

chrisc90

yener wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 09:03
etusch wrote:
yener wrote:

I refer to the dominant Mercedes in the turbo hybrid era, when they had much more speed than the others.
Dread to think how slow the rest of the grid is then. Merc, AT, alpine, haas, Williams, mclaren, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin.

silver
silver

yener wrote:
etusch wrote:
yener wrote:

You can say, Schumacher Ferrari is back as an alternative.

If RB was slow, it wouldn't have won Saudi. Like last year, the fastest car could be track dependent. Importantly, development race can also change the picture. For F1, this is a great scenario.

hasika
hasika

silver wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 09:35
yener wrote:
etusch wrote:

You can say, Schumacher Ferrari is back as an alternative.

If RB was slow, it wouldn't have won Saudi. Like last year, the fastest car could be track dependent. Importantly, development race can also change the picture. For F1, this is a great scenario.
“If RB was slow, it wouldn't have won Saudi.”
As we know,Ferrari won some races in 2019 season,so was SF90 a fast car?From what i see in the first 3 races so far this season,its very clear that Red Bull is a bit behind Ferrari at the moment.The Ferrari is strong in all type of corners and very friendly for tyres.Red Bull is good in top speed and some type of corners,but they are losing so much in slow corners and the tyre degradation was just crazy.I will say the most of the tracks in the calendar suits Ferrari more than Red Bull.Of course,with new regulation the car can be developed very quickly during the season,and we already see Alpine did some mega job in the first 3 races,so i hope Red Bull can improve the car soon.

ringo

This car is fast, it just needs to be setup right and have reliability.
Charles is very fast, and the Ferrari is giving him confidence and that also cannot be ignored.
If redbull is setup right and Max or Perez feels confident in it they can beat ferrari; which they have done already.
I am yet to hear Max say he got everything out of it and there was nothing left. So far he has been complaining about not feeling good in the car, therefore there is more left in it.
For Sure!!

deadhead

I think Max just knows it won't be easy vs LEC in a competitive car.. he is very aware of what he is capable of from growing up together, etc. so its hard for him. I think he just knows that in order to beat LEC, he will need a car that is at least as fast, and currently he doesn't have it so its rather depressing.

Gillian
Gillian

deadhead wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 18:39
I think Max just knows it won't be easy vs LEC in a competitive car.. he is very aware of what he is capable of from growing up together, etc. so its hard for him. I think he just knows that in order to beat LEC, he will need a car that is at least as fast, and currently he doesn't have it so its rather depressing.
Have you seen any of the races they did as kids? Have you seen how much Verstappen won and how much Leclerc won? You might want to Google it if not.

Leclerc is doing great right now but if you go back to their karting days there's nothing to substantiate your claim. If anything it would be the other way around. Verstappen was miles ahead of anyone in karts, including Leclerc.

The Red Bull is a little slower than the Ferrari and incredibly unreliable yet Verstappen managed a win and was on for 2nd when he DNF'd. No wonder he's unhappy.