2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Gillian wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 22:28
deadhead wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 18:39
I think Max just knows it won't be easy vs LEC in a competitive car.. he is very aware of what he is capable of from growing up together, etc. so its hard for him. I think he just knows that in order to beat LEC, he will need a car that is at least as fast, and currently he doesn't have it so its rather depressing.
Have you seen any of the races they did as kids? Have you seen how much Verstappen won and how much Leclerc won? You might want to Google it if not.

Leclerc is doing great right now but if you go back to their karting days there's nothing to substantiate your claim. If anything it would be the other way around. Verstappen was miles ahead of anyone in karts, including Leclerc.

The Red Bull is a little slower than the Ferrari and incredibly unreliable yet Verstappen managed a win and was on for 2nd when he DNF'd. No wonder he's unhappy.
I would like to add something. Max was always the youngest during his karting time. Most drivers were 2 à 3 years older!
Max and Charles are the same age. Charles is 2 weeks younger.

"Ongeslagen" means unbeaten/undefeated.

Max

Leclerc

The Power of Dreams!

ferkan
ferkan

Max was karting God that is for sure. This doesnt mean he will necessary be best in F1. Like Leclerc was even more.impressive in junior formulas then Hamilton, yet I dont think he will reach his level in F1 during his career.

silver
silver

ferkan wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 23:43
Max was karting God that is for sure. This doesnt mean he will necessary be best in F1. Like Leclerc was even more.impressive in junior formulas then Hamilton, yet I dont think he will reach his level in F1 during his career.
It's all equipment dependent. Verstappen and Leclerc can gain legendary status if they have a consistently right car for a long time.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Wouter wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 22:51
Gillian wrote:
deadhead wrote:
I think Max just knows it won't be easy vs LEC in a competitive car.. he is very aware of what he is capable of from growing up together, etc. so its hard for him. I think he just knows that in order to beat LEC, he will need a car that is at least as fast, and currently he doesn't have it so its rather depressing.
Have you seen any of the races they did as kids? Have you seen how much Verstappen won and how much Leclerc won? You might want to Google it if not.

Leclerc is doing great right now but if you go back to their karting days there's nothing to substantiate your claim. If anything it would be the other way around. Verstappen was miles ahead of anyone in karts, including Leclerc.

The Red Bull is a little slower than the Ferrari and incredibly unreliable yet Verstappen managed a win and was on for 2nd when he DNF'd. No wonder he's unhappy.
I would like to add something. Max was always the youngest during his karting time. Most drivers were 2 à 3 years older!
Max and Charles are the same age. Charles is 2 weeks younger.

"Ongeslagen" means unbeaten/undefeated.

Max

https://i.imgur.com/SxL4ImI.gif

Leclerc

https://i.imgur.com/jJRYjLd.gif
max is like alonso.
a karting GOD that is top tier driver at very young age.

bjpower
bjpower

What has God , leclerc and karting got to do with the red bull F1 team?

Zynerji

silver wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 00:57
ferkan wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 23:43
It's all equipment dependent. Verstappen and Leclerc can gain legendary status if they have a consistently right car for a long time.
Agreed. Hamilton may be the GOAT, but he wouldn't have 7 if he stayed at McLaren.

deadhead

Gillian wrote:
deadhead wrote:

Yes I know, just saying that VER knows what he is up against and without a car that is on par of faster he will have a difficult time, as much as he had against HAM in a competitive car. He will extract all there is from the Red Bull, we will have to see if that would be enough.

silver
silver

deadhead wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 02:51
Gillian wrote:
deadhead wrote:

Yes I know, just saying that VER knows what he is up against and without a car that is on par of faster he will have a difficult time,as much as he had against HAM in a competitive car. He will extract all there is from the Red Bull, we will have to see if that would be enough.

Alexf1
Alexf1

We've seen in Saudi who wins in equal machinery

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

My conclusion thus far is that no-one knows what the hell they're doing with the tires and redbull appears to have a narrower operating window than the ferrari.
More speed will come once they figure out setups and tires, but they need to fix their unreliability first.

Alexf1
Alexf1

Jaisonas wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 14:35
My conclusion thus far is that no-one knows what the hell they're doing with the tires and redbull appears to have a narrower operating window than the ferrari.
More speed will come once they figure out setups and tires, but they need to fix their unreliability first.
Yes, hope the weight reduction will help with getting to grips with the tyres. Less weight puts less stress on the tyres, especially during cornering and braking.

Wouter

Red Bull playing catch-up ‘from encouraging position’ – Horner

"Over the first few races we’ve got some very good direction for the development vein for the rest of the season.”

Horner added that minor parts will be available for the RB18 at Imola next weekend but that a sizeable upgrade is not in the works due to the return of F1 Sprint.

“Being a Sprint Race, you get very little time to evaluate these things,” he said. “We’ve got one session and then into qualifying.

“You got to be very confident about what you’re putting on the car.”
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2022/04/ ... on-horner/
The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

Alexf1 wrote:
15 Apr 2022, 14:24
We've seen in Saudi who wins in equal machinery
And how do you know the cars were equal in Jeddah?

Anyway, we are seeing a different side of Max this year. A bit more calmer, a bit less ragged edge. He knows Charles will bite back because Charles is the hungrier one now.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

etusch

Any news about Vers pu? Eill he use new one at imola

ringo

Gillian wrote:
deadhead wrote:

There is more to that. The safety car put him in play. The race he won, his teammate was leading comfortably before the safety car. The cars are about the same pace. The redbull is where the mercedes was last year, just has narrower band to find the sweet spot.
For Sure!!