2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
silver
silver

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

siskue2005 wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 20:29
silver wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 18:54
siskue2005 wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 16:05

He did not say anything in the post race podium interview and nothing in media pen. The post race media pen video doesn't broadcast in f1 TV, it usually comes under sky f1 TV coverage, everyone should know that by now.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/noth ... l/9833403/
"Unfortunately, there's nothing substantial in the pipeline anytime soon," he said. "It's not going to happen overnight. It's going to take a number of races.

"I think there'll be little things, there'll be incremental steps but we recognise that our rivals are going to be doing the same, so it may not be clear to the outside world that we've made progress because Ferrari and Red Bull are going to be making progress as well."

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff explained at the Australian GP that the team feared rushing through upgrades, before it understood the W13's weakness, risked it getting more confused about what the problems were.
Ok, that was said by Toto
I was looking for George's comments
Did you read the article?

siskue2005

silver wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 20:33
siskue2005 wrote:
Ok 👍
So it sounds like major major upgrade is coming to Barcelona, which IMO is the best way to tackle this

F1Krof

toraabe wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 07:36
I see that some are complaining on this. Why.. No reason. If Toto wants to express his opinion he is in full right to do so. https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/04/11 ... lity-masi/
Masi has not reacted to the statements made by Wolff or confirmed they even had lunch; if they did – and there is no reason to believe not – it sounds like he was on the receiving end of another bollocking between courses, from the Mercedes boss.

Although Wolff reported he had lunch with Masi, sounds more like he had him for lunch!
Would be great to hear Michael’s version of the Wednesday lunchtime meal with Toto. Who paid? One could ask…

-Honestly, nowadays medias are full of shite! Isn't it medias' goal to spread the news and be impartial? How the media standards change where a news outlet officer can willy-nilly project his opinion over the matter, be that in a cynical way? Wtf is wrong with the world? Did we really lose it all? FFS even the sport media with this click-baity over the top strong opinionated barrage of words. Jesus!
Wroom wroom

InsaneX_Badger

F1Krof wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 13:05
toraabe wrote:
I see that some are complaining on this. Why.. No reason. If Toto wants to express his opinion he is in full right to do so. https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/04/11 ... lity-masi/
Masi has not reacted to the statements made by Wolff or confirmed they even had lunch; if they did – and there is no reason to believe not – it sounds like he was on the receiving end of another bollocking between courses, from the Mercedes boss.

Although Wolff reported he had lunch with Masi, sounds more like he had him for lunch!
Would be great to hear Michael’s version of the Wednesday lunchtime meal with Toto. Who paid? One could ask…

-Honestly, nowadays medias are full of shite! Isn't it medias' goal to spread the news and be impartial? How the media standards change where a news outlet officer can willy-nilly project his opinion over the matter, be that in a cynical way? Wtf is wrong with the world? Did we really lose it all? FFS even the sport media with this click-baity over the top strong opinionated barrage of words. Jesus!
The media has been and never will be impartial. Because those who read it will never be impartial, so why should the media? I wish they were impartial and factual but that doesn't make revenue anymore.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

F1Krof wrote:
toraabe wrote:

Indeed. Fake news is a real thing and it has become rampant all around the world. The role of the news media nowadays is not to report news, but to try and sway opinions one way or another. I don't really believe anything I read anymore. I only focus on the direct quotes, if they are available, and form my own opinion.

Big Tea

Hammerfist wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 18:44
F1Krof wrote:
toraabe wrote:

Indeed. Fake news is a real thing and it has become rampant all around the world. The role of the news media nowadays is not to report news, but to try and sway opinions one way or another. I don't really believe anything I read anymore. I only focus on the direct quotes, if they are available, and form my own opinion.
Even if you get a direct quote it is usually someone's opinions.
'The News' now consists of 'human interest stories' and reporters playing David Attenborough, with the soft voice and showing 'poor victims' for sympathy.
Its hard to find news even on line
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Big Tea wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 20:39
Hammerfist wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 18:44
F1Krof wrote:

Even if you get a direct quote it is usually someone's opinions.
'The News' now consists of 'human interest stories' and reporters playing David Attenborough, with the soft voice and showing 'poor victims' for sympathy.
Its hard to find news even on line
I dont think anyone in the media is dumb enough to misquote someone to create a narrative they want. The legal fallout would be damaging So if it is written within quotes it very likely has actually been said and is factual.

Big Tea

Rant removed in the absence of alcohol :oops:
Last edited by Big Tea on 15 Apr 2022, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

Agree with Wolff. Masi was a liability to the sport. That bomb exploded and unfortuantely HAM's world championship and credibility of the entire sport was the cost of it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Sevach
Sevach

ringo

The article is right. The stability under braking is what makes the difference with Ferrari. Technically they dont have a porpoising problem, becuase it only happens to them when it is convenient and that's on the straights at 300 kph. When the F1-75 brakes, the bouncing is gone and the tyres have that consistent contact patch.
In the W13 the car can break traction anytime entering or mid corner with the bouncing.

And looking at the R18 suspension, the anti dive arms all make sense now. I think anti dive quells the bouncing of the cars. But someone more specializing with openwheeler suspension can assess it.
For Sure!!

Sofa King
Sofa King

It’ll be interesting to see if they give up on their no-pod design at Barcelona. Mercedes was quickest in testing in Barcelona with a more traditional sidepod, but may have already seen the depths of their problems, or never would have switched to the no-pod design, imo. That means they may have been sandbagging the least of any team in the final day.

I believe that Bahrain is the only circuit with a race so far that has the same layout as the pre-2022 regulations. LEC qualified 1.76% slower in 2022 than VER in 2021, but HAM’s fastest lap in testing in 2022 was a second slower than the 2021 Q3 lap + 1.76%. Maybe it’s futile to try to compare testing to Q3 from the prior year, but Mercedes could go back to more traditional sidepod given their performance at testing, all the data they have from testing and everything they have learned about the car since then
siskue2005 wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 20:36
silver wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 20:33
siskue2005 wrote:

Ok 👍
So it sounds like major major upgrade is coming to Barcelona, which IMO is the best way to tackle this

ringo

They could a practice session with one car having the traditional pods and the other the zero pods. But i feel the side pod is not the issue. Its purely the floor and the suspension adaptation.
Their floor is very basic underneath and the entrance to the floor can be reprofiled. Also the tyre squirt area can be revised. So a lot of potential for a new floor.
For Sure!!

Stu

Not without changing the packaging of their cooling system, it sits way below the lower SIS.
They are very limited with what is achievable without a big, multi-faceted update. Fingers -crossed that they get their sums right and maybe we will get a four team battle for podiums.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

atanatizante

I don't get it how could they find some fuel improvements knowing that since March there is a freeze regarding this car item ... poor speculations, IMHO ...

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/108636/w ... ments.html
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus