2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

I think we have heard the same overly critical comments on Hamilton ever since he entered the sport. Give the guy a break and go focus on criticizing the current WDC will yah?
Max is calling the safety car a slow turtle, basically damaging the Aston Martin brand when he should be an ambasador of the sport and no one is finding an issue with that. If it were Hamilton the world would be turned upside down.
Lewis doesnt owe anyone anything. He has acheived enough to say as be pleases. Lesser acheivers are making blatantly crass comments and they arent receiving the same level of criticism.
Let's talk about the team and not this personality expectations and model behavior nonsense. He's either too PC or he's overstepping. Clearly there is a double standard for whatever reason.
For Sure!!

silver
silver

ringo wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 09:23
I think we have heard the same overly critical comments on Hamilton ever since he entered the sport. Give the guy a break and go focus on criticizing the current WDC will yah?
Max is calling the safety car a slow turtle, basically damaging the Aston Martin brand when he should be an ambasador of the sport and no one is finding an issue with that. If it were Hamilton the world would be turned upside down.
Lewis doesnt owe anyone anything. He has acheived enough to say as be pleases. Lesser acheivers are making blatantly crass comments and they arent receiving the same level of criticism.
Let's talk about the team and not this personality expectations and model behavior nonsense. He's either too PC or he's overstepping. Clearly there is a double standard for whatever reason.
Didn't Hamilton criticized their own "Mercedes" safety cars so many times? Did anyone go after him? On one hand you say, Hamilton doesn't owe anyone anything, yet you find it necessary to come and defend his criticism! May be you have very low standards for the behavior of a 7 time WDC, but not others. Together, this team has been the benchmark of F1 performance for many years and he has reaped the benefits of it and it's strange to see such behavior from him when the team is struggling, regardless of his own frustration. Imagine what the men and women in the garage and factory go through when their star driver behaves like that in public. Besides, why compare him to a young kid who has managed just a solitary WDC and is still in the process of learning. Is that the reference that now Hamilton is worth comparing to?

SiLo

Instead of attacking each other, lets talk about the team instead. Honestly it's like the slow devolution into twitter interactions except you get more character heres.
Felipe Baby!

Translation: Mercedes needs more FP sessions to extract the potential from the W13. Hopping problems ruin the data correlation, it's not good enough with SiMs to arrive with the right setup
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Chuckjr wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 01:03
dialtone wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 00:50
Chuckjr wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 00:44

Truth.

Didn’t Lewis say he was going to come back this year stronger than ever? #-o So much for that. He seems weaker than ever if you watched his post quali interview.

I’m waiting for Barcelona. If Merc don’t improve the car, get ready for Lewis to completely meltdown. It will be just like the old days.

I expect Russell to start handing out beat downs regularly as the season wears on and the car stays slow. George will work better with the team as his attitude will be more consistently positive, blame free, and “can do” oriented. Lewis on the other hand looks like he’s super low energy, doesn’t want to fight, and pissed at the team.
He's been spoiled yes, but no driver would be happy being in the situation he is, few years from retirement, entering engine freeze and new regulation and seeing that they are so far behind even other Merc powered teams.

Lewis attitude isn't the best, never has been, but there's a big gulf between being upset and a complete meltdown. Russell is lucky enough to have a seat in a team like that, something for which he lobbied hard and even had unkind words for Bottas, I wouldn't pick him as the white knight in this story, he's just excited to be part of Merc and is in honeymoon phase, Lewis has 2, maybe 3 years in front of him and then he's probably retiring.
He should learn from Fred—who also is in his twilight years in a car that’s not at the pointy end, but nevertheless is full of positivity and a “can do” perspective. The entire team benefits. Lewis just unapologetically takes the team down with his negativity. It’s always been a characteristic of his I’ve loathed for the sake of the team. He did it at Macca also and it really left my cheese in the wind back in the day. He’s a petulant man.
Ha this is a comical comment for sure.

atanatizante

Did someone notice that at the end of the FP1 when HAM and RUS were running constantly some 5.5-6 sec/lap slower than the top teams their cars had less porpoising? Based on what we saw in the Melbourne race, I think they were only testing the car in the race trim. Another proof is their top speed which was almost 10kph slower in the top speed trap.

In contrast, in qualy they only were some 1.3 sec/lap slower than VER, which could be some 0.7-0.8 sec/lap down to their known issues and another 0.5-0.6 tenths due to the warming up tyre issues ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

F1Krof

Disastrous result! They better scrap this year and work on the next ones. Oh wait, they can't because they don't even know why they're so slow?
Wroom wroom

chrisc90

F1Krof wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 17:06
Disastrous result! They better scrap this year and work on the next ones. Oh wait, they can't because they don't even know why they're so slow?
I seen it mentioned a couple times to do a Haas and throw this year away. (still early days)

But ultimately, the cost cap will limit them doing that

ringo

Everyone else is faster. The only reason they made u places in the sprint is tyre deg.
For Sure!!

RonMexico
RonMexico

chrisc90 wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 17:12
F1Krof wrote:
I seen it mentioned a couple times to do a Haas and throw this year away. (still early days)

I think the regulations next year are basically unchanged, I don't think punting the year would have any benefit. Both McLaren and Aston have made progress, it's perplexing to see Mercedes seemingly go backwards

Zynerji

RonMexico wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 17:59
chrisc90 wrote:
F1Krof wrote:

I think the regulations next year are basically unchanged, I don't think punting the year would have any benefit. Both McLaren and Aston have made progress, it's perplexing to see Mercedes seemingly go backwards
I agree. With a cost cap, developing this year's car HARD and carrying over to 2023 as a B spec will probably deliver the most performance per $.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

ringo wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 17:57
Everyone else is faster. The only reason they made u places in the sprint is tyre deg.
Not really. They got stuck in a drs train caused by mick unable to pass vettel. Once Mick passed Vettel Russell started going forward but ham didn’t have enough laps left to do the same. But to my estimation they are as quick as Bottas and the Mclarens and perhaps Magnussen too. So they may get 9th and 10th or slightly better tomorrow if there is attrition but no more than that.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

RonMexico wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
F1Krof wrote:

Absolutely. Giving up this season and this years car at this point is out of the question. They need to understand their problems first and then decide if this current concept can work. My gut tells me that it won’t work but they need to find out the why.

zibby43
zibby43

Hammerfist wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 19:27
RonMexico wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Absolutely. Giving up this season and this years car at this point is out of the question. They need to understand their problems first and then decide if this current concept can work. My gut tells me that it won’t work but they need to find out the why.
Clock is starting to run out on playing around with trying to understand this concept. At some point, go in a different freaking direction to obtain real-world performance over theoretical, and then understand why the new direction works better later.

wogx

Hamilton admits he and Mercedes are out of the title fight

Lewis Hamilton believes there's no chance of him or Mercedes being able to join in the title battles this year, after finishing the Imola Sprint in 14th.
https://racingnews365.com/hamilton-admi ... itle-fight
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.