2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
silver
silver

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Hammerfist wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 19:27
RonMexico wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 17:59
chrisc90 wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 17:12

I seen it mentioned a couple times to do a Haas and throw this year away. (still early days)

But ultimately, the cost cap will limit them doing that
I think the regulations next year are basically unchanged, I don't think punting the year would have any benefit. Both McLaren and Aston have made progress, it's perplexing to see Mercedes seemingly go backwards
Absolutely. Giving up this season and this years car at this point is out of the question. They need to understand their problems first and then decide if this current concept can work. My gut tells me that it won’t work but they need to find out the why.
McLaren seems to have made progress relative to Mercedes, but they were sitting ducks in front of RB and Ferrari. Compare that to last year's Monza where those McLarens were hard to get close to on straights. Challenges on the chassis side have put a lid on an inefficient PU. The power deficiency would be a much harder problem to solve.

PlatinumZealot

wogx wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 20:28
Hamilton admits he and Mercedes are out of the title fight

Lewis Hamilton believes there's no chance of him or Mercedes being able to join in the title battles this year, after finishing the Imola Sprint in 14th.
https://racingnews365.com/hamilton-admi ... itle-fight
It's being realistic. It's also a signal that internally they are still nowhere in solving the problem becauase if inside the team there was some good news for the drivers, like a proper solution in the pipeline, the drivers would be more upbeat.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

F1Krof

PlatinumZealot wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 21:40
wogx wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 20:28
Hamilton admits he and Mercedes are out of the title fight

Lewis Hamilton believes there's no chance of him or Mercedes being able to join in the title battles this year, after finishing the Imola Sprint in 14th.
https://racingnews365.com/hamilton-admi ... itle-fight
It's being realistic. It's also a signal that internally they are still nowhere in solving the problem becauase if inside the team there was some good news for the drivers, like a proper solution in the pipeline, the drivers would be more upbeat.
Yep, totally agree.
Wroom wroom

ringo

It could be another "my tyres are gone" cry from Lewis. He is realistic but maybe being too dramatic. It's hard to win the title but its possible to be fighting for wins this year.
He just need to stop the sulking and be focussed. Russel is more optimistic maybe because he didnt experience moving backward ftom 2021 to 2022 but he has a good atittude.
For Sure!!

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

zibby43 wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 19:47
Hammerfist wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 19:27
RonMexico wrote:
23 Apr 2022, 17:59

I think the regulations next year are basically unchanged, I don't think punting the year would have any benefit. Both McLaren and Aston have made progress, it's perplexing to see Mercedes seemingly go backwards
Absolutely. Giving up this season and this years car at this point is out of the question. They need to understand their problems first and then decide if this current concept can work. My gut tells me that it won’t work but they need to find out the why.
Clock is starting to run out on playing around with trying to understand this concept. At some point, go in a different freaking direction to obtain real-world performance over theoretical, and then understand why the new direction works better later.
Clock running out after 3 races out of 23 (4 if we want to include the unfinished weekend)… A lot of time left on that clock, no need to over react

Spacepace

ringo wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 00:20
It could be another "my tyres are gone" cry from Lewis. He is realistic but maybe being too dramatic. It's hard to win the title but its possible to be fighting for wins this year.
He just need to stop the sulking and be focussed. Russel is more optimistic maybe because he didnt experience moving backward ftom 2021 to 2022 but he has a good atittude.
And on top of that losing the title like he did. It's a great fall from grace and I'd imagine would be painful and make it hard to have the motivation to build the team back up. He knows this could take a couple years. Which is longer away then he probably wanted to stick around. And sure you could say he needs some perspective but none of us here have been at the heights he has been, so who are we to say

Mogster

Spacepace wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 02:35
ringo wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 00:20
And on top of that losing the title like he did. It's a great fall from grace and I'd imagine would be painful and make it hard to have the motivation to build the team back up. He knows this could take a couple years. Which is longer away then he probably wanted to stick around. And sure you could say he needs some perspective but none of us here have been at the heights he has been, so who are we to say
I suspect a big part of Hamilton continuing in the sport would be a belief that Merc would be back stronger than ever and sticking it to RBR. It hasn’t worked out that way and it must be hard to swallow, especially with the loss of the title last year and the way it happened from a Mercedes’ perspective.

wogx

AMD logo is missing this weekend?

Photo from Australia:

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

torpor
torpor

Interesting. Seems like the first rats leaving the sinking ship. ;) Maybe the marketing strategy of AMD ist just to appear on very dominant cars like Schumacher’s Ferraris and Mercedes till 2021…
But AMD is still listed on team’s partners website. And they didn’t change their logo or something.

proteus

torpor wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 09:43
Interesting. Seems like the first rats leaving the sinking ship. ;) Maybe the marketing strategy of AMD ist just to appear on very dominant cars like Schumacher’s Ferraris and Mercedes till 2021…
But AMD is still listed on team’s partners website. And they didn’t change their logo or something.
Well Akkodis has also shrunk to nosecone only. It just might be track/region specific.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Big Tea

wogx wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 09:01
AMD logo is missing this weekend?

Perhaps it was heavy
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrstphrln

Made my day. 🤣

wogx

George Russell wrote: P9 for him (Bottas) is nothing but for us it's everything
A year later, this quote has not aged at all! :lol:

https://wtf1.com/post/russell-feels-lik ... nt-driver/
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

jurinius
jurinius

Somehow things are always helping them to fight for good position. A wet and slippy track can help to reduce car differences. Lets see if the car and pilots can deliver a solid mid performance.
“And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.”
― Ayrton Senna

rickybobbyf1
rickybobbyf1

What a disaster… This car is so flawed, I can’t even believe how bad it is. What were/are they thinking back at the Factory. Definitely down on power, and a terrible aero concept to top it off.