2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wogx

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

cheeRS
cheeRS

silver wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 19:30
cheeRS wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 18:54
Look, I'm not placing bets on Merc winning the championships this year - that's fair and reasonable. But no one reasonable would write them off this early.
Lewis Hamilton says Mercedes are not fighting for F1 World Championship after Emilia Romagna GP Sprint struggle
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... t-struggle
Yeah, you must be part of the twitter-debate-lover crowd. Hint: Headlines are meant to get clicks, not tell the [whole] truth.

“ This is the situation that we are faced with and we are obviously not fighting for the Championship but we are fighting to understand this car and improve and progress through the year. That is all we can hope for right now."

Did Lewis say he’s abandoning the season or that it’s not possible to fight for the championships this year? Or are you just assuming what you need to in order to create imaginary contradictions?

I’m half convinced you’re just trolling. No one can be this dumb.
Human history is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.

LM10
LM10

cheeRS wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 08:13
You must be extremely new to Formula 1. Or, perhaps, just trolling?

You don't "know" anything, for yourself or for anybody else. That probably sounds harsh, but your statements are so far out of what is reasonable.

Russel was second in the standings after 3 races, aka, WDC candidate. Yeah, it was due to, in part, bad luck from Red Bull, but the point stands. The people in F1 - drivers, engineers, directors - aren't people that just give up and see no hope. They grind through and figure it out. They don't just say "let's just see how we do next season I guess."

If you want to be objective, then everyone is a candidate for the WDC if they can mathematically still win the WDC.
I’m neither new to F1 nor am I trolling. And because I’m not new to F1 I’m quite sure that Mercedes won’t be in championship contention this year. I don’t care about your number games from past, I simply look at the things as they are now and interpret them.

You’re saying that no one reasonable would write Mercedes off and I’m saying that no one reasonable would think they will still be fighting for the championship this season. Instead of talking like you know it all and accusing others of being clueless twitter fans, what about you say me how you think Mercedes is going to turn things around when being more than a second behind at the moment? Do you actually think they will magically find a silver bullet which will catapult them to the top and make them surpass both Ferrari and RBR?

Maybe you should not forget about the cost cap either. Mercedes can’t use two different teams of engineers developing the current car and building a new car at the same time, shoveling half a billion dollars in each team. The times of limitless resources are gone.

And don’t say I’m a hater or whatever. I want F1 to be competitive and I want Mercedes to be fighting with others at the top. But I just don’t see that happening this season. Like it or not.

dialtone
dialtone

LM10 wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 23:26
cheeRS wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 08:13
You must be extremely new to Formula 1. Or, perhaps, just trolling?

You don't "know" anything, for yourself or for anybody else. That probably sounds harsh, but your statements are so far out of what is reasonable.

Russel was second in the standings after 3 races, aka, WDC candidate. Yeah, it was due to, in part, bad luck from Red Bull, but the point stands. The people in F1 - drivers, engineers, directors - aren't people that just give up and see no hope. They grind through and figure it out. They don't just say "let's just see how we do next season I guess."

If you want to be objective, then everyone is a candidate for the WDC if they can mathematically still win the WDC.
I’m neither new to F1 nor am I trolling. And because I’m not new to F1 I’m quite sure that Mercedes won’t be in championship contention this year. I don’t care about your number games from past, I simply look at the things as they are now and interpret them.

You’re saying that no one reasonable would write Mercedes off and I’m saying that no one reasonable would think they will still be fighting for the championship this season. Instead of talking like you know it all and accusing others of being clueless twitter fans, what about you say me how you think Mercedes is going to turn things around when being more than a second behind at the moment? Do you actually think they will magically find a silver bullet which will catapult them to the top and make them surpass both Ferrari and RBR?

Maybe you should not forget about the cost cap either. Mercedes can’t use two different teams of engineers developing the current car and building a new car at the same time, shoveling half a billion dollars in each team. The times of limitless resources are gone.

And don’t say I’m a hater or whatever. I want F1 to be competitive and I want Mercedes to be fighting with others at the top. But I just don’t see that happening this season. Like it or not.
And not just surpass Ferrari/RBR, but dominate them, because if they just get 1s/lap faster they'll be in the same boat as Ferrari and RedBull, splitting points 3 ways instead of 2 or 1 way.

astracrazy
astracrazy

cheeRS wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 22:04
silver wrote:
cheeRS wrote:
Look, I'm not placing bets on Merc winning the championships this year - that's fair and reasonable. But no one reasonable would write them off this early.
Lewis Hamilton says Mercedes are not fighting for F1 World Championship after Emilia Romagna GP Sprint struggle
Yeah, you must be part of the twitter-debate-lover crowd. Hint: Headlines are meant to get clicks, not tell the [whole] truth.

“ This is the situation that we are faced with and we are obviously not fighting for the Championship but we are fighting to understand this car and improve and progress through the year. That is all we can hope for right now."

Did Lewis say he’s abandoning the season or that it’s not possible to fight for the championships this year? Or are you just assuming what you need to in order to create imaginary contradictions?

He literally says in what you have quoted "we are obviously not fighting for the championship" .

To then follow that up calling someone dumb...

I get it must be upsetting for you, but calling people dumb or everyone that doesn't agree with you as trolling or new to f1 isn't going to help.

PlatinumZealot

proteus wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 07:12
PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 01:41
lh13 wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 18:37
They would be stupid to run an engine that only has to last 2 races in the same configuration as the engine that needs to last 7. The power difference was there, and quite obviously.
The same engine was used again afterward, why weren't the rockets turned on when it mattered most? See how crazy you sound? Anyway, evidence is already there, and I trust Toto, Shovlin and also Seidl who is an independent third party that confirmed that there was no special rocket engine.
Degradation played its part and he still had plenty of horsepower in those last races. Ask yourself why Bottas had two engine swaps before Lewis had his streak of brilliance.

What's that? Bottas had tested the rocket engines in preparation for Lewis' one?

Naaah..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

silver
silver

cheeRS wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 22:04
silver wrote:
cheeRS wrote:

I had to report this post as the mode of debate has gone so badly down, calling every other person dumb and troll.

CHT
CHT

Toto radio message about the car is not good enough for Lewis does make me cringe. To be fair to the Merc team, they have not failed to deliver for the past 7 years or so. And now, into race number 4 of 2022, and the entire Merc team already have to pacify SIR Hamilton for letting him down. With Russell finished the race in P4 with the same car, I thought that Lewis should in fact apologies to the team for not finishing on the podium since he is 7xWDC.
At the end of the day, all these drivers talk about team work, fighting together etc are just lip service to promote driver image.

JordanMugen

cheeRS wrote:
but that's not the norm. CERTAINLY that is not the norm with the top teams, like RB, Ferrari, and Merc, as you claim that I am wrong about. They only "give up" when basically they have exhausted all options and no longer have a chance of success.
BMW Sauber gave up on the 2008 WDC & WCC to prioritise the new regulations for 2009. But perhaps Mario Theissen's approach to motor racing is a little unusual!

PlatinumZealot

CHT wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 01:23
Toto radio message about the car is not good enough for Lewis does make me cringe. To be fair to the Merc team, they have not failed to deliver for the past 7 years or so. And now, into race number 4 of 2022, and the entire Merc team already have to pacify SIR Hamilton for letting him down. With Russell finished the race in P4 with the same car, I thought that Lewis should in fact apologies to the team for not finishing on the podium since he is 7xWDC.
At the end of the day, all these drivers talk about team work, fighting together etc are just lip service to promote driver image.
Let Toto do what he has to do. He probably made assurances to Lewis during the winter after what happened in 2021. The driver was expecting to be at the front to reclaim what was stolen. It will be a miracle if the car can somehow be in a position to fight for wins by summer.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

proteus

CHT wrote:
If anything i would say that this message from Toto is a bit of a slap in the face to George, like he isnt apreciated. Even though he did an excellent job. And we all remember how abusive was Toto to Valtteri in some races last year when he was underperforming.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

zibby43
zibby43

proteus wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 06:05
CHT wrote:
If anything i would say that this message from Toto is a bit of a slap in the face to George, like he isnt apreciated. Even though he did an excellent job. And we all remember how abusive was Toto to Valtteri in some races last year when he was underperforming.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

aran.vtec
aran.vtec

CHT wrote:
Are they not allowed to criticize him now that he is a SIR? (jokes aside)

Looking at the build up to the season comments from Lewis
"You going to see the best of me"
"my team doesn't make mistakes"
"the car is fast just need to unlock it"

Here is what I take from this whole radio message and the "discussion" after the failed Q2

Lewis had to know that there was a good chance he was not going to be fighting for the 8th this year if Merc didn't nail the new regulations

I think this 0 side pod car was the card to bring Lewis back this year saying its 1sec faster than anything else we have tested in the sim etc... And now they have realized there will not be fighting for championships this year and maybe not even next year given that that will need to out develop rivals faster than they can develop themselves.

adrianjordan

Someone may have mentioned this already, but if they did I couldn't spot it for all the people screaming and flapping because they think the ship is sinking.

Does anyone else think that Merc have realised they're too far behind at this point to be in title contention and are holding back on upgrade until they have a lot more data and a proper understanding of the porpoising problem? The side effect of this being that they will, as a result of being lower down the table, then have more resource allowance in the second half of the season to work hard on the W14?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

I don't know why, but Nico just grates on me when he's doing anything F1 related.

Which is weird, because I regularly enjoy his non-F1 stuff over on YouTube 🤷🏻‍♂️
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️