Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
saviour stivala
saviour stivala

Re: Ferrari F1-75

What was pushed out was on the lines of them running the power unit only at the level they had validated its realability. before the season started ward was goung round that although the engine under test was confirmed as being more powerful, they were still trying to sort out full railability. what is now being said is that four race weekends + seven full race simulation runs on test bed the engine is declared as having passed full realbility testing. but it should be noted that all this was said by the medea and not confirmed in any way by FERRARI. the usual inside information and so on.

Kalsi
Kalsi

johnny comelately wrote:
02 May 2022, 13:39
Turn it UPP
DNA altering
Porpoising at the end of the straight was barely noticeable in the whole video comparing to race week... But floor looked pretty much the same... maybe they are trying the RB style rear suspension already? :shock:

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Kalsi wrote:
02 May 2022, 23:06
johnny comelately wrote:
Turn it UPP
DNA altering
Porpoising at the end of the straight was barely noticeable in the whole video comparing to race week... But floor looked pretty much the same... maybe they are trying the RB style rear suspension already? :shock:
That would be illegal unless they had already tested or raced it, which they haven’t. It must be setup or floor related. Eg perhaps this is the floor with the larger cut outs that was tested in Bahrain but not raced?

f1316
f1316

JPBD1990 wrote:
02 May 2022, 23:50
Kalsi wrote:
johnny comelately wrote:
Turn it UPP
DNA altering
That would be illegal unless they had already tested or raced it, which they haven’t. It must be setup or floor related. Eg perhaps this is the floor with the larger cut outs that was tested in Bahrain but not raced?
As shown on the previous page, Sainz ran a different floor at the Imola test with two squared cutouts: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-te ... /10255544/

The image captured by our Davide Cavazza during the Pirelli tests at Imola on Wednesday shows that also the second cut (closer to the rear wheel) was no longer rounded in the innermost part, but squared, while in the shaped trailing edge it was a metal reinforcement was introduced. This was the solution that Carlos Sainz had used in the afternoon, while the bottom of Bahrain was mounted in the morning on Charles Leclerc's F1-75.

S D

mzso wrote:
02 May 2022, 19:33
saviour stivala wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 13:06
Any horse power gain from the ICE can only result if the ICE was run below its maximum output potential.
That seems to be the implication. Though I'm a tad doubtful of these claim. How would they even assess reliability accurately if they don't run it at full power?
It seems to me that if you run the engine at 95% and it breaks after a few races then it becomes easy to say that the engine requires some adjustments to be able to run at full power with an acceptable reliability in a 22 race season.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Just an aural aero reset

S D

Kalsi wrote:
johnny comelately wrote:
Turn it UPP
DNA altering
At 1:42 you can see scrapes on the tarmac, is it possible that these are caused by the new skates. Any opinions?

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

f1316 wrote:
03 May 2022, 01:28
JPBD1990 wrote:
Kalsi wrote:

As shown on the previous page, Sainz ran a different floor at the Imola test with two squared cutouts: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-te ... /10255544/

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/am ... 75-flo.jpg
The image captured by our Davide Cavazza during the Pirelli tests at Imola on Wednesday shows that also the second cut (closer to the rear wheel) was no longer rounded in the innermost part, but squared, while in the shaped trailing edge it was a metal reinforcement was introduced. This was the solution that Carlos Sainz had used in the afternoon, while the bottom of Bahrain was mounted in the morning on Charles Leclerc's F1-75.
That was run in the Bahrain test, which is why they can run it in this test. They haven’t raced or tested redbull style suspension (that I’m aware of, or has been rumoured) so they can’t have just slapped it on for this test.

f1316
f1316

JPBD1990 wrote:
03 May 2022, 03:35
f1316 wrote:
03 May 2022, 01:28
JPBD1990 wrote:

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/am ... 75-flo.jpg
That was run in the Bahrain test, which is why they can run it in this test. They haven’t raced or tested redbull style suspension (that I’m aware of, or has been rumoured) so they can’t have just slapped it on for this test.
Not suspension, no. What the article is saying is that the floor shown is different to that run in Bahrain (which Leclerc ran in the morning at Imola).

Whether or not that’s true, i couldn’t tell you as I haven’t tracked the minutiae of the floor details, but this is what motorsport are saying and could explain an improvement to porpoising.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

S D wrote:
03 May 2022, 02:27
mzso wrote:
saviour stivala wrote:
Any horse power gain from the ICE can only result if the ICE was run below its maximum output potential.
That seems to be the implication. Though I'm a tad doubtful of these claim. How would they even assess reliability accurately if they don't run it at full power?
It seems to me that if you run the engine at 95% and it breaks after a few races then it becomes easy to say that the engine requires some adjustments to be able to run at full power with an acceptable reliability in a 22 race season.
Re FERRARI power unit (ICE and ERS) output used. The bulk of the discussion stems from people quoting F1 media reporting. On the other hand most if not all the F1 media reporting on the subject have not claimed confirmation by official FERRARI source. As such it was best to try and reason-out the possibilities of the sometimes conflicting reports being pushed out and conclusions arrived at by some on here, with always an added note that nothing of what is said being confirmed or official from FERRARI. Having said all that, as far as I know nobody bothered to quote the latest official Binotto statement from on ‘scuderia fans - 9 days ago ‘’Binotto reflects on top speed between RB and FERRARI at press conference at Emilia Romagna. ‘’We worked on reliability over the winter, and have been running the maximum power since start of season’’. If ‘scuderia fans site’ is to be believed this is the latest and official from Binotto himself.

Sevach
Sevach

S D wrote:
03 May 2022, 02:32

At 1:42 you can see scrapes on the tarmac, is it possible that these are caused by the new skates. Any opinions?
I think the car(other teams too) was hitting the ground at that depression all weekend, i don't know if the marks are due to the skates.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

S D wrote:
03 May 2022, 02:32
Kalsi wrote:
johnny comelately wrote:
Turn it UPP
DNA altering
That's incredibly specific to blame some scrapes in the tarmac on Ferrari, even though many other cars were running over this track surface a day before the test. :lol:

yallkok
yallkok

mzso
mzso

S D wrote:
mzso wrote:
saviour stivala wrote:
On the other hand, if there are no issues, it still means little.

mzso
mzso

S D wrote:
mzso wrote:
saviour stivala wrote:
On the other hand, if there are no issues, it still means little.