2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

mclaren111 wrote:
06 May 2022, 12:55
runningmanz wrote:
06 May 2022, 12:29
While a few might be annoyed with the lads being roped into this sort of stuff , its probably part of the reason the team is the most popular on the grid. Never underestimate how much people appreciate folks that can have a laugh and take piss out of each other. We already know both guys are great drivers, this is just some extra spice, fun and publicity for the team especially in these PC days. Besides its better than being boring robots imo. The ladies will be lapping this up. :lol:

I think the opposite... "mates" will love them... :lol:
Yeah probably them as well. Win - win I guess. 🤣

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wouter wrote:
06 May 2022, 16:39
:lol: =D> That was a pretty damn good impersonation!

_cerber1

Miami upgrades
---
McLaren: Front Suspension, Floor Edge
---

trinidefender
trinidefender

_cerber1 wrote:
06 May 2022, 18:07
Miami upgrades
---
---
Source?

CjC
CjC

trinidefender wrote:
06 May 2022, 20:36
_cerber1 wrote:
06 May 2022, 18:07
Miami upgrades
---
---
Source?
It’s from the official FIA update document.
You can find it in the MCL36 thread
Just a fan's point of view

Darth-Piekus

Hmm. FP1 is a little Mediocre. However I don't think the Williams is a faster can who was 7 tenths in front. I believe we can go a second faster than that. I hope at least.

Macklaren
Macklaren

we were out of sync on runs. track will speed up a lot as it gets rubbered in. We are in decent shape for now
Interesting that Lando said that the track was bumpier than they had planned for...

mwillems

You could see how aggressive the bumps were on occasion, it's a pretty tricky track. Plenty of opportunities for driver error and you seem to need to be right on it for 2/3 of the track before you get respite in the final sector.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Mostlyeels
Mostlyeels

Darth-Piekus wrote:
06 May 2022, 21:34
Hmm. FP1 is a little Mediocre. However I don't think the Williams is a faster can who was 7 tenths in front. I believe we can go a second faster than that. I hope at least.
Don't worry too much. At the end of the session (when everyone was setting faster and faster times) they were several seconds off in even S1, so obviously on some other plan. The Williams did look surprisingly good though, as did the Mercs.

Darth-Piekus

Look at what Mercedes are showing after the upgrades they brought here in Miami. Suddenly they came alive with top pace. Can we expect a top winning car from Mclaren once they bring their large package in Spain and considering they are going closer and closer each GP with tweaks with slow and medium corners bothering them less and less.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Darth-Piekus wrote:
07 May 2022, 00:30
Look at what Mercedes are showing after the upgrades they brought here in Miami. Suddenly they came alive with top pace. Can we expect a top winning car from Mclaren once they bring their large package in Spain and considering they are going closer and closer each GP with tweaks with slow and medium corners bothering them less and less.
I think we are seeing with Merc that there are sizeable gains on the table in this new era.

Whether we capitalise is dependant on what potential is in our philosophy. The optimist in me is super hopeful given how our car has responded to change since Bahrain and we appear to be getting to grips with it. We know the brake and Bahrain issues put us on back foot and that stopped us pushing further forward with development. Seidl thinks they have a clear plan and therefore I hope we can make a good step forward and see where that puts us.

As the team acknowledge though, we are still missing fundamental tools to make such development gains, but they are coming.

I feared for our pace this weekend so to see Lando P6 in FP2 at a street track is massive progress given how poor our grip looked in Bahrain.

vorticism

Looking at their sponsors, Vuse and Android, and only one getting a warning worked into the logo, I'm left to wonder which is the more addictive product: vaporizers or smartphones?
𓄀

mwillems

Mansell89 wrote:
07 May 2022, 00:36
Darth-Piekus wrote:
07 May 2022, 00:30
I think we are seeing with Merc that there are sizeable gains on the table in this new era.

Whether we capitalise is dependant on what potential is in our philosophy. The optimist in me is super hopeful given how our car has responded to change since Bahrain and we appear to be getting to grips with it. We know the brake and Bahrain issues put us on back foot and that stopped us pushing further forward with development. Seidl thinks they have a clear plan and therefore I hope we can make a good step forward and see where that puts us.

As the team acknowledge though, we are still missing fundamental tools to make such development gains, but they are coming.

I feared for our pace this weekend so to see Lando P6 in FP2 at a street track is massive progress given how poor our grip looked in Bahrain.
Certainly the Merc front wing endplate trick to make room for more outwash is something we could hopefully do with ease and get similar benefits.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

CjC
CjC

Looking tight for Mclaren to get in Q3…
Also looking like it’s going to be a struggle on the power sensitive circuits this season too
Just a fan's point of view