2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Did Lando make a mistake in that last lap cause I have a feeling he could have gone 1 or 2 tenths faster.

Swed3120
Swed3120

With the PR representation Dani has here , one would think he’s still in with a chance for the WDC , don’t you guy tire of making up new excuses every single weekend ( even if some of them some truth, when something happens once, it’s annoying, twice is suspicious and 3 Is a pattern )
When do we realize that it can’t all be so called bad luck and that the driver and/or team may have something to do with his continued pace deficit. It’s relatively clear that lando has galvanized the Team around him and Dan is now a 2nd driver in all but name , now this isn’t bottas and Hamilton but maybe more a ocon and Alonso Situation

Swed3120
Swed3120

Darth-Piekus wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:08
Did Lando make a mistake in that last lap cause I have a feeling he could have gone 1 or 2 tenths faster.
Could well be , but bottas and Hamilton didn’t set final Q2 times ( or didn’t improve ) and so it may have been slightly skewed by that

CjC
CjC

Macklaren wrote:
05 May 2022, 16:22
I am mentally preparing myself for Daniel to drop back from Lando this weekend. Last year, he was very close on the "old school" tracks but struggled at the newer "COVID" tracks. This being a new track,I fear he may drop back again... Hope I'm wrong.

PhilipM: any word on upgrades? Merc may be closer to the front here
What are the Euromillion numbers mate??
You got this spot on unfortunately!🤣🤣
Just a fan's point of view

billamend
billamend

Norris said that he made a mistake that cost him ~1 tenth. He also said that he can get Gasly but not Bottas as he is faster than him on the straights even without DRS.

He was also saying that off the line the track is super slippery, which means the start is going to be awful (my interpretation)
Last edited by billamend on 07 May 2022, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

CjC
CjC

Swed3120 wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:17
With the PR representation Dani has here , one would think he’s still in with a chance for the WDC , don’t you guy tire of making up new excuses every single weekend ( even if some of them some truth, when something happens once, it’s annoying, twice is suspicious and 3 Is a pattern )
When do we realize that it can’t all be so called bad luck and that the driver and/or team may have something to do with his continued pace deficit. It’s relatively clear that lando has galvanized the Team around him and Dan is now a 2nd driver in all but name , now this isn’t bottas and Hamilton but maybe more a ocon and Alonso Situation
After a slow warm up to his F1 career Lando is proving to be the real deal👍🏻

Swed3120
Swed3120

CjC wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:22
Swed3120 wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:17
After a slow warm up to his F1 career Lando is proving to be the real deal👍🏻
Very much so , and he seems to be able to deal well with pressure, that Q2 lap was an absolute flyer

CjC
CjC

billamend wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:20
Norris said that he made a mistake that cost him ~1 tenth. He also said that he can get Gasly but not Bottas as he is faster than him on the straights even without DRS.
It’s a worry.
The easiest way to find laptime is on the straights and Mclaren don’t have it right now- whether it’s the drag level or the Merc PU. Mclaren need to find an answer

A.J.O
A.J.O

I like both Daniel and Lando as drivers. They were really looking close to each other so far this weekend. It’s starting to really look like the team are purposely screwing over Ric.
I dont understand why they would other then if they are trying to pull a non performance clause.

mwillems

In the Q3 laps I clocked the Merc hitting 200mph on the straight and the Mclaren hitting 195mph.

Perhaps we have a race setup with more downforce to protect the tyre life. Time will tell.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

billamend
billamend

A.J.O wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:33
It’s starting to really look like the team are purposely screwing over Ric.
Please, just stop with that nonsense. That is the kind of theory that people would say about Vettel at Ferrari and it’s an embarrassing excuse.

Just face it, Riccardo is not WDC material anymore (if ever was). He ran away from a fight with a kid, and is getting beaten by a kid. If I’m not mistaken, the last time he out qualified Lando was in Mexico.

McL-H
McL-H

A.J.O wrote:
I like both Daniel and Lando as drivers. They were really looking close to each other so far this weekend. It’s starting to really look like the team are purposely screwing over Ric.
I dont understand why they would other then if they are trying to pull a non performance clause.
Yes, it does seem like it..

A.J.O
A.J.O

I’m a racing fan. I don’t really care what happens to the drivers careers.
I want to see the team do well but one side of this garage seems to make very few mistakes and the other seems prone.
What was the reason the #3 car was released so late?

Swed3120
Swed3120

McL-H wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:36
A.J.O wrote:
Sorry but you’re making about as much sense right now as most flat Earth enthusiasts.
Why would McLaren want to harm Daniels car and/or race; the millions they could make from getting 4th vs 6th in the WCC are worth multiples of what any performance clause may be.

Xero

Swed3120 wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:44
McL-H wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:36
A.J.O wrote:
Sorry but you’re making about as much sense right now as most flat Earth enthusiasts.
Why would McLaren want to harm Daniels car and/or race; the millions they could make from getting 4th vs 6th in the WCC are worth multiples of what any performance clause may be.
I wouldn't waste your energy replying Swed3120. Just encourages more nonsense down the line. #-o