Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FLC
FLC

Re: Ferrari F60

A little bit desperate, I know, but best I could do with what we have.

The rear wing endplates seem to extend lower, like on the RB, and they also have a small curve on top towards the back (in white), even tho. that could only look like it thanks to the image quality... Also looks like the exhaust area has changed significantly. I would also guess that the nose looks different too. It seems to have the RB shape a bit, but could be just the light.

MattF1
MattF1

That 'straight line' test looks a bit wiggly to me.

andreas4
andreas4

Concerning the seatbelts:

"For 2009, thanks to the use of new materials, seat belt weight has been reduced by 20%, going from about 870 grams for the entire system to only 685 grams, aiming to reach 550 within this season."
http://www.sabeltnews.com/eng/dettaglio ... 55&idNews=

This information has already been postet at the start of the season, and I think this change applies to all teams supplied by Sabelt.

PNSD
PNSD

MattF1 wrote:That 'straight line' test looks a bit wiggly to me.
Lol.

I imagine thats just a shakedown. The teams are allowed 50km shakedowns.

I think its 50km, someone is welcome to give the correct figure if they know it...

The comments made about this being Ferraris most significant development in the last 10years are interesting. If true, and to the extent Ferrari are making then I think the Barcelona grid could look quite interesting.

To me, Ferrari always had the pace the score points, and good points. Looking at their long run pace, even in Melbourne they were a match for Brawn imo. I think rather than car problems it has been down to silly team mistakes.

And dare I say it, I do not feel these mistakes would have been made if Shumacher was in the car, and I fully believe had Shumacher been in this car he would have scored a good few points. And that is the first time since his retirement I have ever seen Ferrari miss him.

MattF1
MattF1

PNSD wrote:
MattF1 wrote:That 'straight line' test looks a bit wiggly to me.
Lol.

I imagine thats just a shakedown. The teams are allowed 50km shakedowns.

I think its 50km, someone is welcome to give the correct figure if they know it...
Thanks, wasn't aware of that rule, I will have to look it up now.

noname
noname

donskar wrote:Seriously, I wonder how much it cost to cut those 15 kg/33 pounds. $1,000 per KG? $10,000?
maybe even much more. when I was working on GEnx weight was a big issue (quite usual in aviation) - if taking out 1 lbm could cost less than 1000 $ the change was acceptable.

ringo

The rear ends of the side pods look more horizontal. The exhaust also seems more atop the pods than off the sides. If you check the black part near the exhaust hole, it looks more like the toyota's exhaust now.
For Sure!!

modbaraban
modbaraban

The sidepods look as though Ferrari had taken a slight step back towards their launch aero package. More undercut at the back (again).

ImageImage

xpensive
xpensive

So now MrM says it would be sad to see Ferrari go, "they are the Italian national team", but it wouldn't be problem?

Ferrari under Jean Todt was essential, without him no? Is everything political with this FIA these days?

I wonder if MrM is doing anything in his FIA-office, besides playing F1-politics in order to keep his used-car dealer happy? Don't they sanction other motorsports besides F1 to srew-up?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

It's not about who is at Ferrari, but rather if they are competitive or not. The FIA is that shallow and up front about these sort of issues, if a team is near or at the top they are immensely important, and if they are mid to low field they could come and go as they please.

So if the update for Spain proves to be effective and Ferrari improves their performance then they might come a little closer to becoming essential to the sport once again, who knows.

See you in a weeks time.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

xpensive
xpensive

I doubt if it is that simple really, the relation is probably a little more complicated than that.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Really?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban
modbaraban

mx_tifosi wrote:So if the update for Spain proves to be effective and Ferrari improves their performance then they might come a little closer to becoming essential to the sport once again, who knows.
I thought the importance of teams like Ferrari for F1 is their huge fanbase. The latter isn't directly proportional to the current performance.

xpensive
xpensive

I agree mod, I think judging Ferrari's importance by their results would be missing the point, unless you belong to those who select their favourite soccer-team depending on who's winning at the moment. But some people do I guess.

Ferrari is of course the only "classic" racing brand on the grid, unless you count McLaren as a Mercedes of course.

It was also my own favourite team for so many years until Jean Todt and the EvilTwins made them the "preferred winners", but I can tell my emotions are back when I like them so much more in today's guise. Only could they lure Alonso.
Last edited by xpensive on 05 May 2009, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

FLC
FLC

This is supposed to be it, from AS: