2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

etusch wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 14:10
Off course it is. But it is very normal that every news is not make sense for everyone. I can like one and not other one, it is up to me choose my things between them.
Hear here =D>

Ryar

I hope the team thread doesn't end up in hero worship of Max like the Mercedes team thread. Any content objectively related to racing, that involves Max is always welcome.
Hakuna Matata!

Sieper

In the Mercedes thread they do not hero worship Max, I can guarantee you that. Look, to me the comment towards Wouter was very disingenuous. He posted a sneak peek to a new helmet design, to me that was very nice to see and such information belongs in a team thread. I come here for the news and insights.

Cassius
Cassius

Sieper wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 14:48
In the Mercedes thread they do not hero worship Max, I can guarantee you that. Look, to me the comment towards Wouter was very disingenuous. He posted a sneak peek to a new helmet design, to me that was very nice to see and such information belongs in a team thread. I come here for the news and insights.
I am more on the side of dxpetrov. News snippets, pictures of clothing/helmets/holidays I can find on Instagram or Reddit. I am here for the discussion. If a post doesn't warrant a discussion it is not worth the post imho. I think posting a helmet does not need to be posted in a discussion thread.

Maybe best to create one thread with gossip, clothing, Instagram-type of posts/pics for the people who want to follow that.

Sieper

we do have a helmet thread indeed (each year a new one). Lets agree to post stuff like this there.

Wouter

The reason I posted this is because Max (and the other drivers) always announce their new helmet design with a lot of fanfare just before a race weekend. It was always posted in the teamthread.
So this is a scoop, because the Austrian GP is not yet, but because they were in Spielberg, Max already showed it to Pierre.
Personally, I'm not interested in his one-off designs at all, but I thought I was doing the helmet enthusiasts a favor. This is newsworthy to them.
The Power of Dreams!

Ryar

Sieper wrote:
In the Mercedes thread they do not hero worship Max, I can guarantee you that.
I didn't say they worship Max there. Obviously not, they have their own driver for that. It was a reference. :)
Hakuna Matata!

Sieper

Ryar wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 15:28
Sieper wrote:
I didn't say they worship Max there. Obviously not, they have their own driver for that. It was a reference. :)
I was pulling your tail, you could interpret your sentence like that, but obviously, that was not what you meant, they worship Lewis there, Some of us (me included) do the same for Max here.

Gillian
Gillian

Sieper wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 15:54
Ryar wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 15:28
Sieper wrote:
I was pulling your tail, you could interpret your sentence like that, but obviously, that was not what you meant, they worship Lewis there, Some of us (me included) do the same for Max here.
Your comments are usually pretty balanced so I would not call it worshipping.

I'm a fan of the sport and always root for the drivers I think are the best, regardless of the team. The last 2 decades that has been Alonso, Hamilton and Verstappen for me. I've been on this forum since it's inception, just never bothered to register until recently. In all that time I noticed there aren't many people that appreciate more than one driver. Or at least they're not as outspoken. The better the drivers, the more outspoken the "fans" get.

Sieper

Indeed,

what "always" astonish me that sometimes you see people driving points, making "false" (biased) argumentations (very clearly with an aim) guess most of us do, but then when we (f.e. at years end) make our overall lists of which drivers are good / great / average etc. we all seem to converge anyway.

I am back watching F1 for Max, before (when his father was running) I was also an avid watcher. The years in between just casual, and like you I was "rooting" for Alonso and Hamilton (based on their genius) and not so much say a Vettel (for example) and certainly not an Albers or even a Doornbos.

Now, why I can only really get behind it when a driver is from my country is a hard question I cant really fairly answer. Stupid national pride, yes, but why that exists, dunno.

Gillian
Gillian

I think that's perfectly normal Sieper!

I myself don't give a rat's ass about nationality. I just like the drivers that are awesome. So I like Verstappen :mrgreen:

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

napoleon1981 wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 00:07
NL_Fer wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 23:06
napoleon1981 wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 05:00

Checo not being able to hang with Max or Leclerc is pretty typical this season, and last for that matter. Never undertood the tyre whisperer myth.
Checo van start the back on hardest tire, than keep his cool and progress to the front. He did it several times gave his tyre whisperer title. Don’t think he is that great on soft tires.
Yeah situations where there was no control, ie. nobody on the same strategy in the same car to compare against. In those years particularly the hard tire was way too hard and took forever to warm up, then proceeded to last a long time. Anyway i think it was the strategy working, instead of driver magic.
I remember he was often able to make the strategy work and switch his primes for options late in the race. It got him on the podium on a few occasions. Others would struggle with the heavy tanked car or burn them to soon. Checo did some magic there.

But yeah, Verstappen and Hamilton can keep a tire alive for a long stint, than still get good laptimes before they change them. Others usually get slower while their tire degrades.

tpe
tpe

Then maybe he/they (because I don't know if he can choose the tyre strategy or if it's a team's call) should at least try the opposite! Start with hard, go as long as possible and then switch to softs.

PlatinumZealot

etusch wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 14:10
Off course it is. But it is very normal that every news is not make sense for everyone. I can like one and not other one, it is up to me choose my things between them.
It is very close to worship, yes, but sometimes one or two of the twitter stuff has some information value. Max's helmet for example: not much "value" from a team point of view but it's interesting nevertheless.

I can't really say if the twitter posting has been overdone because I don't visit this thread much. Not my style of thread you see. It's like a "circle-jerk" with elbows interlocked, so "other team supporters" with different views are barricaded out from these "inside" discussions. It's like their own little cabal in here.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

ispano6

Wouter wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 15:16
The reason I posted this is because Max (and the other drivers) always announce their new helmet design with a lot of fanfare just before a race weekend. It was always posted in the teamthread.
So this is a scoop, because the Austrian GP is not yet, but because they were in Spielberg, Max already showed it to Pierre.
Personally, I'm not interested in his one-off designs at all, but I thought I was doing the helmet enthusiasts a favor. This is newsworthy to them.
I definitely am a helmet guy, I make them for Assetto Corsa, so a head start is welcome. This helmet is going to be tough too.

I also don't use Instagram, Twitter, or reddit, so the only reason I see the tweets is because they are posted here.
So keep on posting and don't mind the others!