2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alexf1
Alexf1

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 23:45
etusch wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 14:10
Off course it is. But it is very normal that every news is not make sense for everyone. I can like one and not other one, it is up to me choose my things between them.
It is very close to worship, yes, but sometimes one or two of the twitter stuff has some information value. Max's helmet for example: not much "value" from a team point of view but it's interesting nevertheless.

I can't really say if the twitter posting has been overdone because I don't visit this thread much. Not my style of thread you see. It's like a "circle-jerk" with elbows interlocked, so "other team supporters" with different views are barricaded out from these "inside" discussions. It's like their own little cabal in here.
Well, Iooking at what you post yourself I can see why you would feel that way...
PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 18:18
Naturally in the RedBull camp Verstappen will be ordained for the win.

Wouter

Rules shouldn’t change due to other teams’ failings - Verstappen

Max Verstappen believes the FIA is wrong to bring in a technical directive addressing porpoising when some teams have shown they are able to prevent the phenomenon from presenting a serious challenge.

“I think it’s a bit disappointing that again there is a rule change mid-season, I would say,” Verstappen told RACER.
“It’s not even about affecting us more or less than other teams, but it shouldn’t be that one team is complaining a lot and suddenly then they change the regs around it.

“I think there are a lot of teams that actually did an amazing job to not have these kind of issues, so it is possible to drive around it. If you raise your car then you won’t have these issues, but you lose performance. But if you can’t design the car properly for that then that’s your fault, it’s not the regs fault. For me that is a bit of a shame.”

While the technical directive could force the likes of Mercedes to raise their ride height to meet the FIA’s threshold — once it is defined — Verstappen says creating a firm rule that could also impact teams doing a better job is unfair.

“Of course every track is different, too, but I think it’s a bit of a shame to change it mid-season and clearly teams have shown you can drive normally, or at least with a lot less issues than some other teams.”

The whole article on RACER.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Worth noting that these comments from Max were made at Baku - before the TD was announced

Wouter

organic wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 10:47
Worth noting that these comments from Max were made at Baku - before the TD was announced
How do you know that?
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Wouter wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 11:01
organic wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 10:47
How do you know that?
Yeah seems I am wrong. Was a different interview I was thinking about

etusch

You made a rule set, season started then you see a team can not do well, then you want to change them.
A team want to have rules they can do a good car instead of trying to do best car in the rules. Old same story.
Last edited by etusch on 17 Jun 2022, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Max has a point

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

This is not a rule change! Max ran ahead with comments before learning about it what it means! It will have no implications to teams without issues, just to those with it. There is no other way to force teams to fix the bouncing then to force them to sacrifice the performance if they still have the bouncing. Mercedes made their own bed with this and Ferrari will be affected as a collateral.
The RB will be golden, no worries! =D>

etusch

If it can be shown as healt issue or safety issue max can show it as rule change even if it is not. But when you mandate a ride hight, it is a rule change. And if it will affect Ferrari this is bad for sport and competition. If merco concerned they can up ride height and can go driving arount with their sh.t box. But I want to keep watching max lec fights for whole season.

TNTHead

His point Max made in the article was not about the rule change, but the mechanism that when one team complains suddenly they change something midseason. So he is questioning the political aspect of the case.

chrisc90

Max with 150GP starts. 25 wins and 25 P2 finishes.

Thats 1/3 of his starts inside the top 2. Legendary.

Big Tea

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 21:55
So all of this previous finger pointing by the likes of siskue can now be put to bed as being utter rubbish. You just don’t like the fact that Merc have done a bad job over the winter and you can’t stand to see your team/driver struggle. I get it but it colours everything you write on here it seems. No need for the inflammatory remarks if you can’t even get the history or context right
Toto called it a shitbox on international TV, so there is no pretence there. Come on guys, this is adding nothing to the thread, let it go. Teams do what they need to do.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Big Tea wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 00:13
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 21:55
So all of this previous finger pointing by the likes of siskue can now be put to bed as being utter rubbish. You just don’t like the fact that Merc have done a bad job over the winter and you can’t stand to see your team/driver struggle. I get it but it colours everything you write on here it seems. No need for the inflammatory remarks if you can’t even get the history or context right
Toto called it a shitbox on international TV, so there is no pretence there. Come on guys, this is adding nothing to the thread, let it go. Teams do what they need to do.
Totally. I’m not even a RB “fan” or even a MV “fan”. I just challenge something that clearly is being misused to suit a particular narrative

hkbruin
hkbruin

Why is there such a discrepancy between Max and Checo? I did see him go wide on the hairpin on his quali sim, but I’m not sure that he would have lost a huge amount of time there? Maybe because the track cooled off with the storm front arriving? Are they running different spec parts?

organic

First FP in a while where Verstappen has been setting times alight repeatedly, and the first time in a while Perez has looked like he's fighting the car a lot. Coincidence, or the car finding a pointier setup window that brings things more towards Max's preferences (and away from Checo's)?