2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Aesop
Aesop

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Ryar wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 12:32
chrisc90 wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 00:00
Max is just a epic driver. Probably the best on the grid in all fairness. And theres a lot more years ahead for him.
I think Charles would have taken pole here as he has been doing it, if not for his penalty. Over one lap, Charles and SF75 are a better combination. RB18 isn't yet a premier single lap car, which means Max has to focus on race setup while SF75 has relative tyre life issues. For the remainder of the season I am guessing both sides would make progress on their weaknesses. Over the course of the season so far, Charles has made a few mistakes and Max has kept it clean. I would have loved to see Charles and Max go at it with full intensity in those conditions. The ultimate lap time would could have been faster than what we saw. I hope the fascinating battle between the two of them would continue.
I am not convinced of Charles in the wet yet. Allthough it was almost dry at the end of Q3.

ali623
ali623

Ryar wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 12:32
chrisc90 wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 00:00
Max is just a epic driver. Probably the best on the grid in all fairness. And theres a lot more years ahead for him.
I think Charles would have taken pole here as he has been doing it, if not for his penalty. Over one lap, Charles and SF75 are a better combination. RB18 isn't yet a premier single lap car, which means Max has to focus on race setup while SF75 has relative tyre life issues. For the remainder of the season I am guessing both sides would make progress on their weaknesses. Over the course of the season so far, Charles has made a few mistakes and Max has kept it clean. I would have loved to see Charles and Max go at it with full intensity in those conditions. The ultimate lap time would could have been faster than what we saw. I hope the fascinating battle between the two of them would continue.
Leclerc isn't that impressive in the wet, certainly not compared to Max anyway. I don't think he would have been close today, probably would have slotted in P2 ahead of Alonso though.

organic

Think Max had a bigger wing on for quali than the FPs or am I mistaken?

Sieper

ringo wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 03:14
Max is going to walk this championship. The car is working well and he is taking it easy. As this stage his competition are having reliability issues and the RB18 is in a really good zone.
He has had 2 of those as well and the Ferrari is still very fast. The cars seem very close, Ferrari faster outright, Redbull faster in a long stint (in the hands of Max).

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Remember last year? People throw in the towel so early on it’s untrue

Gillian
Gillian

Great race by Verstappen again, flawless under pressure. Impressive!

Sad for Perez and worrying there are still issues.

Ferrari seems to have a little more pace which is worrying for Red Bull. This championship is far from over still.

chrisc90

I wonder if the clutch that got changed between Quali and Race for Perez had a influence in his retirement.

Car 11: Clutch friction material
Clutch actuator & seal
Front wing and nose assembly
LHS front track rod & associated bolts
LHS front brake drum lower deflector
Internal halo loom

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I'm confident that the gearbox issue was a side effect of the crash. RB have not had Gbox issues in ages.
A lion must kill its prey.

silver
silver

silver wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 17:25
Big Tea wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 13:03
ringo wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 03:04
what did jos say?
It seems to be worded differently from site to site but more or less Red Bull should prioritise the driver leading the points list. Meaning Max, but he may be reminded of this if Checo becomes the leader. Its only 15 points, so one DNF.
DNF can go both ways. One DNF to Perez and a win in the same race to Verstappen means 40 points lead. It's the sort of probability that Bottas had against Hamilton and lot of folks were wishing for a DNF to Hamilton.
Look how situation changes with a DNF.

Top 3 have all had 2 DNFs each with Leclerc also losing ground due to penalties and team cockup.

ispano6

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 01:51
I'm confident that the gearbox issue was a side effect of the crash. RB have not had Gbox issues in ages.
This is probably the case since there was work related to the clutch done before the race. Sergio seemed pretty resigned to the fact that he messed up and that it was a weekend to forget.

The team needs to get behind him again in order for him to continue to contribute to the WCC and still be motivated for the WDC.

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 07:44
AR3-GP wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 01:51
This is probably the case since there was work related to the clutch done before the race. Sergio seemed pretty resigned to the fact that he messed up and that it was a weekend to forget.

The team needs to get behind him again in order for him to continue to contribute to the WCC and still be motivated for the WDC.
Helmut Marko on Perez's failure.
"The gearbox is broken. The gearbox was at the end of its life, but it should have held.
We suspect consequential damage from yesterday's incident [Saturday], although the impact did not directly affect the gearbox.
We need to investigate that. It is a pity," concludes Marko to the Austrian television station ORF.
The Power of Dreams!

F1NAC

Gillian wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 22:26

Ferrari seems to have a little more pace which is worrying for Red Bull. This championship is far from over still.
I think RB even if there is a pace deficit still has an upper hand in the championship. Ferrari still has reliability problems. And it will cost them. RB could probably go til the end without engine penalties, while Leclerc will definitely have another grid drop.

Aesop
Aesop

F1NAC wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 09:24
Gillian wrote:

I think RB even if there is a pace deficit still has an upper hand in the championship. Ferrari still has reliability problems. And it will cost them. RB could probably go til the end without engine penalties, while Leclerc will definitely have another grid drop.
It all depends on the next big upgrade. Presumably in Silverstone.

chrisc90

Are we bringing any larger upgrades to silverstone?

Sieper

F1NAC wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 09:24
Gillian wrote:

Even if he has (I agree it likely, although he has 2 new of everything now) it will be a small one as he is in the 5 places drop category now with all components. This (Canada) was the tough one to swallow but they judged that well imho.