2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Logie
Logie

Re: Red Bull RB18

Theres got to be some trick/clever on this RB. Porp is so minimal if it does bounce its smooth. The car is fast, great race pace.

carisi2k

Logie wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 11:01
Theres got to be some trick/clever on this RB. Porp is so minimal if it does bounce its smooth. The car is fast, great race pace.
It is called running the car at the appropriate height and understanding where the performance of the car is.

Gillian
Gillian

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sieper wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 10:21
F1NAC wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 09:24
Gillian wrote:
19 Jun 2022, 22:26
Great race by Verstappen again, flawless under pressure. Impressive!

Sad for Perez and worrying there are still issues.

Ferrari seems to have a little more pace which is worrying for Red Bull. This championship is far from over still.
I think RB even if there is a pace deficit still has an upper hand in the championship. Ferrari still has reliability problems. And it will cost them. RB could probably go til the end without engine penalties, while Leclerc will definitely have another grid drop.
Even if he has (I agree it likely, although he has 2 new of everything now) it will be a small one as he is in the 5 places drop category now with all components. This (Canada) was the tough one to swallow but they judged that well imho.
Still long season to go though...

I think the most encouraging of this race has been Verstappen. He did not set a foot wrong during qualifying, then won a race with a (slightly) slower car... He took the pressure and kept his cool. If he keeps driving like that, reliability is the only thing that can stop him.

Big Tea

Gillian wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 11:48
Sieper wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 10:21
F1NAC wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 09:24

I think RB even if there is a pace deficit still has an upper hand in the championship. Ferrari still has reliability problems. And it will cost them. RB could probably go til the end without engine penalties, while Leclerc will definitely have another grid drop.
Even if he has (I agree it likely, although he has 2 new of everything now) it will be a small one as he is in the 5 places drop category now with all components. This (Canada) was the tough one to swallow but they judged that well imho.

I think the most encouraging of this race has been Verstappen. He did not set a foot wrong during qualifying, then won a race with a (slightly) slower car... He took the pressure and kept his cool. If he keeps driving like that, reliability is the only thing that can stop him.
I don't know that it was a slower car overall (unless you mean just top speed?) it is at times and not at others. I think throughout the race it was the best car to be in, but as Max was hardly under pressure he would not have been 100% out. If I had to chose 'my' car to race it would be the RBR at the moment. This has changed for some races and will again. Silverstone looks to be a Ferrari gain.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Big Tea

carisi2k wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 11:45
Logie wrote:
It is called running the car at the appropriate height and understanding where the performance of the car is.
It was obviously designed this way and the others were not. Not RBR's fault, why should they suffer.
OTOH, the other cars can not continue to run this way.

SiLo

Big Tea wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 12:32
carisi2k wrote:
Logie wrote:
It was obviously designed this way and the others were not. Not RBR's fault, why should they suffer.
They won't suffer? This new TD will mean nothing to them.
Felipe Baby!

Sieper

It’s just very close. With each car having some aspects that bests the other.

Big Tea

SiLo wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 12:34
Big Tea wrote:
carisi2k wrote:

They will in that the other teams will become more competitive and this will cost them points

Sieper

SiLo wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
carisi2k wrote:

And you know this how? It is all for the show. Mercedes needs to be reinstated up there. Even in the one year when they missed the mark. After a decade of dominance.

They were bullish preseason. Redbull would only see their tale, they have worked on the car for the whole 2021 season and stopped development on the W12 they said. Now they still missed the mark and thus the rules must change.

chrisc90

Very close this weekend. Typically we have seen the Ferrari very strong out of the corners, but in places I think the RB just had the edge.

Think the key one was Sainz not being able to pass with DRS, which gives credit to the RB top speed with no DRS. Which could play well at silverstone too

I think places like maggots and beckets which are flat in F1 will be a good place to gain time for the cars that are a bit bouncier than others. If they can get flat through there, will be a good advantage

SiLo

Sieper wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 12:57
SiLo wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

And you know this how? It is all for the show. Mercedes needs to be reinstated up there. Even in the one year when they missed the mark. After a decade of dominance.

They were bullish preseason. Redbull would only see their tale, they have worked on the car for the whole 2021 season and stopped development on the W12 they said. Now they still missed the mark and thus the rules must change.
Yeah I'm out. I can't compete with this level of delusion.
Felipe Baby!

Wouter

Big Tea wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 12:29
Gillian wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 11:48

I don't know that it was a slower car overall (unless you mean just top speed?) it is at times and not at others. I think throughout the race it was the best car to be in, but as Max was hardly under pressure he would not have been 100% out. If I had to chose 'my' car to race it would be the RBR at the moment. This has changed for some races and will again. Silverstone looks to be a Ferrari gain.
Verstappen won and was allowed to report to the press conference for the top three afterwards. At least in qualifying he was now faster than Ferrari, something that had not happened often. During the press conference, Verstappen shed some light on it: "I don't know if they have always been faster on Saturday and then slower on Sunday. I think in Barcelona they were also fast on Sunday and there were more races. bit back and forth. We have to understand and it rained yesterday too."

The Dutchman continues to believe that Ferrari's competition was slightly faster in the race. The reason for this is not entirely clear, but Verstappen does have an idea. "Maybe that weather didn't help us with the greener track today. But it's all things we need to look at. Maybe it was the layout, the kerbs or whatever.
We're going to look at it but right now it's really bad difficult to explain why they were slightly faster than us in the race."

Carlos Sainz said he had the slightly faster car during the race and should have won.
The Power of Dreams!

Jambier

Sieper wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 12:52
Close, but RB more reliable, and very very far ahead on championship, so Ferrari don't really have a chance this year, even if their car is very good

etusch

do you know what was the issue of Perez ?

Sieper

Jambier wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 13:15
Sieper wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 12:52
Close, but RB more reliable, and very very far ahead on championship, so Ferrari don't really have a chance this year, even if their car is very good
all 3 top seeded have 2 technical DNFs each. I am not convinced about reliability being that much better at one team.

The point gap is big, and when Max had a similar deficient (after 3 races :shock: ) I was sure Ferrari were going to walk it. We are still only 9 races in. I am not even counting Mercedes out with all the politics at play. If they can get a rule change with impact they might be back.