2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10
NAPI10

Re: 2022 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Wastegate wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 16:04
What about DeVries ?
AM needs a technically solid workhorse in that seat. They should not look beyond Albon, Bottas, or Hulk.
Alonso or Ricboy will be a big mistake; just like Seb.

EJ22B
EJ22B

Albon is the best option for Aston at the moment. He is known for his car feedback and development. He lives in Monaco unlike someone like Dany Ric who lives in the US so he would available at the factory much more. He also doesn't have a contract for next season and doesn't command a high salary.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Albon is a waste. I think Ric will sign 100% for 2 years. Alpine reverse driver oscar will replace Ric in Mclaren.

Neuron
Neuron

If Aston Martin is in F1 only to provide a fast toy for Stroll's son, then they can hire anyone bad or just medicore. Hulkenberg?

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

i think that Ric will go to Aston, Piastri to Williams, Palou to Mclaren and thats all

The Prodigy
The Prodigy

diffuser wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 14:46
The Prodigy wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 13:10
e30ernest wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 12:39
Sebastian is retiring at the end of 2022..... That's a huge shocker!
Well I am not surprised. He is more activist then F1 race driver.

Who will get the second seat at Aston Martin?

Alonso? Ricciardo? Piastri? Hulkenberg?
There were rumours around the Miami GP time of AMR going hard after Alonso. If Alpine refuses to give Alonso a multiyear deal he's looking for, he could jump ship. My feeling there is that Alpine are gonna lock Alonso up for as long as he wants to stay in F1 and they're gonna hand him LMF drive after that.

McLaren are willing to let Ricciardo go but that isn't their call. You have to entice Ricciardo to go. It would take an extension to his contract to move, are you willing pay Ricciardo $17 Million (34 for 2 years) in his current state ?

Piastri can be had if the deal isn't already signed with Williams.

I always though the Hulk was a great driver.... You'd have to start putting him in FPs ASAP if you want him to be ready for next year.
If I would be Ric I would go for a nice contract from a salary perspective. Maybe a two year contract for 30-40 Mill $ or something. They don’t like him anymore at McLaren and he is already 34.

If I would be Alpine I would give Alonso another two year contract because from a performance point of view he is not far away from his prime and his age should not be a problem for another two seasons. It’s not like Alonso is getting destroyed by Ocon. It’s the opposite. During a normal weekend Alonso beats Ocon easily in qualifying and in the race.

Piastri to Williams or McLaren. I would prefer McLaren just to see if Piastri is the real deal and Lando is a good benchmark as he is Leclerc/Russel Level.

Big Tea

Neuron wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 16:55
If Aston Martin is in F1 only to provide a fast toy for Stroll's son, then they can hire anyone bad or just medicore. Hulkenberg?
But (it seams, I may be wrong) that Lance is not able to sort the car out. Then again, it does not look like Seb managed it either, so..

Anyway. AM are not going to be fighting RBR Ferrari and Merc in the near future, so there is not point looking for a driver that can fight at the front, they need a knowledgeable driver, possibly bringing his own engineer with him so they already understand each other, who has driven a few different cars and is experienced in relaying what is wrong to the team in words they can understand. It will not be a position for a driver looking to get to the top, and I think they will all know that. They should not look for a race winner, they should look at a 4 year plan and the next driver for the first 2.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

selvam_e2002 wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 16:34
Albon is a waste. I think Ric will sign 100% for 2 years. Alpine reverse driver oscar will replace Ric in Mclaren.
Albon is actually good if you use Latifi as a yardstick.

He's young, at least as quick if not quicker tyan Perez and a safe pair of hands. He should get along well with Lance too.

The problemb is marketing. A young Thai driver without any WDC won't be seen as effective at selling Aston Martins whether or not that is true.

Hulk might be a better fit image-wise.

Or they could bring Jenson Button out of retirement.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

diffuser wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 14:25
NL_Fer wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 13:19
So now the summer carousel has been started up. I think Ricciardo will be dumped, so he could be a contender.

But I would prefer they take back Perez. Than Alonso to RBR and Piastri as Alpine racing driver
You didn't read his direct quote saying he's staying at McLaren till atleast the end of 2023? You're a little more on.
I suspect they can cancel his contract, based on performance clause. Most contract have options of one party is not performing.

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 20:51
selvam_e2002 wrote:
28 Jul 2022, 16:34
Albon is actually good if you use Latifi as a yardstick.

He's young, at least as quick if not quicker tyan Perez and a safe pair of hands. He should get along well with Lance too.

The problemb is marketing. A young Thai driver without any WDC won't be seen as effective at selling Aston Martins whether or not that is true.

Hulk might be a better fit image-wise.

Or they could bring Jenson Button out of retirement.
Albon finished a good 3rd behind Russell and Norris in 2018, ahead of De Vres and Latifi was 9th
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Shrieker

Vettel's retirement announcement comes as a surprise, but in retrospect, who can blame him after what happened to Zhou. He could've died a gruesome death.

There's nothing left for Seb to prove, and he has a family to take care of. All the best to him.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Shrieker wrote:
29 Jul 2022, 00:43
Vettel's retirement announcement comes as a surprise, but in retrospect, who can blame him after what happened to Zhou. He could've died a gruesome death.

There's nothing left for Seb to prove, and he has a family to take care of. All the best to him.
Well said

JordanMugen

Shrieker wrote:
29 Jul 2022, 00:43
:?: Motor racing is dangerous, I'm sure Seb knows that. Hubert was killed even with the halo after all.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Again I am telling here, Danial Ric will move to AM. He will shine over their. It is not make any sense as Mclaren still struggling. so he 100% move to AM. I want to see him as a good driver in AM to show the world Danial Ric not lost his prime. Mclaren does not suit him as they have Noris as No1. they will design the care for him.

PlatinumZealot

McLaren is closer to the podium than AM is. Of that I'm sure. AM's only chance is to figure out the RedBull concept which might be dated come 2023.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028