2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

LHamilton wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:02
If it turns out that Piastri doesn't sign for Alpine next year, and if I'm Alpine, I'm testing Alfa Romeo for Theo Pourchaire. Frenchman and perhaps on a similar level to that of Piastri. Ideal for them. It might force Alfa's hand of getting him into the car next year, regardless of what happens in F2.

If you can't get him. You could take on Ricciardo and hope he discovers his form and perhaps look at Gasly for the future (Who isn't the best of friends of Ocon (And I would argue somewhat overrated)) or perhaps Victor Martins, who is a frenchman himself as well as a Alpine Academy driver and would thus create a whole french team. With how things have worked out with Alonso and Piastri recently, perhaps they might look at creating a french national "team", with both driver being french and thus creating that "Being-proud-of-racing-for-a-team-of-the-same-nationality-mentality".
Équipe Ligier 2023?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

The Prodigy
The Prodigy

Wouter wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 20:53
Alonso posted this within a minute after Piastri. :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZLRh9FX0AI ... name=small ...https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FZLO-uwX0AE ... name=small
F***ing Legend.

Andres125sx

Neuron wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 20:15
Hard to imagine the rest of races for Alonso in the team... toxic as always with Alo O_O
That's your hope, so you can justify your own hate, right? :roll:

Even McLaren signed him again after 2007, any other team praise Alonso behaviour unquestionably

But haters gonna hate

Mansell89
Mansell89

Only one way to save face from this and that’s to go and sign Gasly and go all French.

I can’t see any other way to go from here, I think that’s the only way to unite.

Ricciardo is the one I feel for- he could be left a choice of Alpha Tauri or bust. Goodness me, who’d have said that two years ago?

Neuron
Neuron

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:31
Neuron wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 20:15
Hard to imagine the rest of races for Alonso in the team... toxic as always with Alo O_O
That's your hope, so you can justify your own hate, right? :roll:

Even McLaren signed him again after 2007, any other team praise Alonso behaviour unquestionably

But haters gonna hate
Why do you call my hater? I've just pointed that this is another Alonso's toxic move against his team in his career. At least it seems like. Nothing more.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Otmar might request his friend 'Seb' to postpone retirement by a year :lol: :lol: :lol:
As TP, he is equally responsible for this fiasco.

Big Tea

Mansell89 wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:41
Only one way to save face from this and that’s to go and sign Gasly and go all French.

I can’t see any other way to go from here, I think that’s the only way to unite.

Ricciardo is the one I feel for- he could be left a choice of Alpha Tauri or bust. Goodness me, who’d have said that two years ago?
Danny says he has a contract for next year, so he will not be out of a seat unless he wants to be
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Peter Ian Staker
Peter Ian Staker

LHamilton wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:02
If it turns out that Piastri doesn't sign for Alpine next year, and if I'm Alpine, I'm testing Alfa Romeo for Theo Pourchaire. Frenchman and perhaps on a similar level to that of Piastri. Ideal for them. It might force Alfa's hand of getting him into the car next year, regardless of what happens in F2.

If you can't get him. You could take on Ricciardo and hope he discovers his form and perhaps look at Gasly for the future (Who isn't the best of friends of Ocon (And I would argue somewhat overrated)) or perhaps Victor Martins, who is a frenchman himself as well as a Alpine Academy driver and would thus create a whole french team. With how things have worked out with Alonso and Piastri recently, perhaps they might look at creating a french national "team", with both driver being french and thus creating that "Being-proud-of-racing-for-a-team-of-the-same-nationality-mentality".
I would be so disappointed if it is anybody else but Gasly.
Neither Pourchaire nor Martins are exactly lighting up F2/F3 right not and Danny Ric is yesterday's news.

mwillems

Big Tea wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:48
Mansell89 wrote:

Danny says he has a contract for next year, so he will not be out of a seat unless he wants to be
If his contract doesn't guarantee a drive its a very different situation.

Somebody in this situation has made a mistake but we don't know who it is yet, nor the circumstances or whether Piastri would expect an F1 drive next year.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

NAPI10
NAPI10

mwillems wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:53
Big Tea wrote:
Mansell89 wrote:

Somebody in this situation has made a mistake but we don't know who it is yet, nor the circumstances or whether Piastri would expect an F1 drive next year.
A young driver who has yet to make F1 debut won't put out such comment until he has a signed contract in his pocket.

ringo

qatmix wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 18:05
I think Alpine have other plans. Alonso is good, but Ocon has the measure of him in most situations and shows more pace. They may well have another experienced driver to fill the gap and not go with the obvious move.

The environment at AM is meant to be toxic, it’s probably a reason why Vettel left. Alonso going there could be very explosive.
Agreed.
Everytime Alonso leaves a team
He leaves on a bitter note. Only Ferrari was not bad. But his supporters always demonize the teams Alonso leaves. They need to ask themselvea why Alonso has driven for almost as many teams as there are on the grid. The problem is not the teams, the problem is Alonso.
Alpine will have a simply lovely 2023.
Alonso will struggle at Aston Martin, then leave them with Bitterness after Lance stroll starts outqualifying him. Then his fans will demonize the team again.
He doesnt deserve any more respect than another driver. His last championship was almost 20 years ago. Ocon has every right to drive him hard but fair. And so far Ocon has more points for the second year running.
Alonso is leaving because he cannot take another loss to ocon.
For Sure!!

mwillems

NAPI10 wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:57
mwillems wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

A young driver who has yet to make F1 debut won't put out such comment until he has a signed contract in his pocket.
I'm referring to Daniel at Mclaren. Having a contract doesn't guarantee a drive, we've seen that many times.

-Bandit

NAPI10
NAPI10

mwillems wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 22:09
NAPI10 wrote:
mwillems wrote:

I'm referring to Daniel at Mclaren. Having a contract doesn't guarantee a drive, we've seen that many times.
Sadly DannyBoy might be the victim :( Don't see him back to Alpine.

mwillems

NAPI10 wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 22:21
mwillems wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 22:09
NAPI10 wrote:

Sadly DannyBoy might be the victim :( Don't see him back to Alpine.
Yeah he maybe. I just can't get my head around it. It's the second driver tug of war in a week for Mclaren so it seems they may be quite aggressive in the driver market. Are they overplaying thier hand?

If they lose the Indycar driver and Piastri then it's going to look bad for Mclaren.

But Alpine seem clear that they have a contract so it's anyone's guess how this will play out.
Last edited by mwillems on 02 Aug 2022, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

-Bandit

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Do you agree now that Otmar have to be fired?

For the alonso haters...
He is the GOAT.
he deserves RESPECT.