2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

How can you be the GOAT if you are as adept at shooting yourself in the foot as you are at driving?
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

mwillems wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 22:28
How can you be the GOAT if you are as adept at shooting yourself in the foot as you are at driving?
the only one who shot itsel in the foot is Otmar.

Tommy Cookers
Tommy Cookers

ringo wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 21:58
... And so far Ocon has more points for the second year running.
Alonso 81 Ocon 76

Pat Pending
Pat Pending

I wonder how the rest of the team members feel about Fred's departure and the style of it? It's one thing to see out the remainder of the races with just the Alpine top management pee-ed off with you, quite another if all your mechanics & pit crew feel that way too. Awkward!
Wonder if he will even drive for them for the remaining races?

PinkFloydPulse

So many Alonso haters here :) Alpine did not want him for more than a year so he had full right to leave, why would that be shooting himself in the foot or being toxic? What does he own Alpine? :D True state of Alpine management is not shown only in their Alonso situation but more in their Piastri situation… That has to hurt more after his tweet… uffff
Team Fernando!

Alonso Fan

ringo wrote:
qatmix wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 18:05
I think Alpine have other plans. Alonso is good, but Ocon has the measure of him in most situations and shows more pace. They may well have another experienced driver to fill the gap and not go with the obvious move.

The environment at AM is meant to be toxic, it’s probably a reason why Vettel left. Alonso going there could be very explosive.
Agreed.
Everytime Alonso leaves a team
He leaves on a bitter note. Only Ferrari was not bad. But his supporters always demonize the teams Alonso leaves. They need to ask themselvea why Alonso has driven for almost as many teams as there are on the grid. The problem is not the teams, the problem is Alonso.
Alpine will have a simply lovely 2023.
Alonso will struggle at Aston Martin, then leave them with Bitterness after Lance stroll starts outqualifying him. Then his fans will demonize the team again.
He doesnt deserve any more respect than another driver. His last championship was almost 20 years ago. Ocon has every right to drive him hard but fair. And so far Ocon has more points for the second year running.
Alonso is leaving because he cannot take another loss to ocon.
I have a right laugh at posts like this, especially the quoted bit where apparently ocon has the measure of alonso
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Stig14
Stig14

Tommy Cookers wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 22:42
ringo wrote:
Alonso 81 Ocon 76
Basing performance assessments on points alone is never a good idea. Doing this would lead you to believe Kubica is a better driver than Russell in the 2019 season...

[Edit- corrected Latifi to Kubica]
Last edited by Stig14 on 02 Aug 2022, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

PinkFloydPulse

Stig14 wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 22:53
Tommy Cookers wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 22:42
ringo wrote:
Alonso 81 Ocon 76
Basing performance assessments on points alone is never a good idea. Doing this would lead you to believe Latifi is a better driver than Russell in the 2019 season...
So you are basically saying Ocon is a better driver than Alonso? A pretty brave statement if I may add… :)
Team Fernando!

Jolle
Jolle

Alonsismo wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 22:27
Do you agree now that Otmar have to be fired?

For the alonso haters...
He is the GOAT.
he deserves RESPECT.
Yes. At this moment this respect brings him to the 9th team on the grid.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Jolle wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 23:06
Alonsismo wrote:

For the alonso haters...
He is the GOAT.
he deserves RESPECT.
a team that has money, and finished the last race only 1 position lower than ocon.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Pat Pending wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 22:43
I wonder how the rest of the team members feel about Fred's departure and the style of it? It's one thing to see out the remainder of the races with just the Alpine top management pee-ed off with you, quite another if all your mechanics & pit crew feel that way too. Awkward!
Wonder if he will even drive for them for the remaining races?
Probably as good as Ricciardo’s Renault Team members felt when without even having one race in 2020, he announced his move to McLaren… At the end of they day they are all professionals, they will do the best job they can do and most probably know that this isn’t personal, it is just business… And nothing new or different in F1

Jolle
Jolle

Alonsismo wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 23:09
Jolle wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:

For the alonso haters...
He is the GOAT.
he deserves RESPECT.
a team that has money, and finished the last race only 1 position lower than ocon.
I admire your confidence, but history shows us a few things: with stable regs year over year teams just can't/don't jump from all the way at the back to the front (might jump a place or two) and Alonso doesn't have the "feel" to jump to a team when they are about to do something great.

I think we can assume this one is for a big pay check, because there aren't any race/championship winning seats available the next couple of years.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Jolle wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 23:28
Alonsismo wrote:
Jolle wrote:

I admire your confidence, but history shows us a few things: with stable regs year over year teams just can't/don't jump from all the way at the back to the front (might jump a place or two) and Alonso doesn't have the "feel" to jump to a team when they are about to do something great.

I think we can assume this one is for a big pay check, because there aren't any race/championship winning seats available the next couple of years.
you are right when the rules have been there for some years, but 2023 is the SECOND year of this rules.

just remember the changes from 2009 to 2010...

and not, AM arte not the 9th team. they are fastest than AT and Williams, and very close to AR and Haas. and this with vettel and stroll... Alonso is ease 0.3-4 faster than both

maxxer
maxxer

Renault was one of the best engine manufacturers until they sided with RB who didnt care about ers and all would be nice to see some other teams taking their engines again. Used to be one of the best engines around back in the day while the others went up in smoke

ringo

Alonsismo wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 00:03
Jolle wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 23:28
Alonsismo wrote:

you are right when the rules have been there for some years, but 2023 is the SECOND year of this rules.

just remember the changes from 2009 to 2010...

and not, AM arte not the 9th team. they are fastest than AT and Williams, and very close to AR and Haas. and this with vettel and stroll... Alonso is ease 0.3-4 faster than both
I can make a bet that Stroll outqualfies Alonso next year. Alonso will be better in the first half of the races though. Alonso is good. But he is getting older. He is at the "shows flashes of brilliance" stage. He wont have the stamina to destroy Lance. He did not destroy Ocon last year. I stand correct that he had more points, but Ocon had more bad luck last year. Head to head when both finished, maybe ocon had more points? And I am not saying Ocon is a more skilled driver, but just by being younger he has had stronger, though less brilliant races more consistently.
Aston's prospects next year look doubtful. The only way they make a quantum leap is by making a more detailed green RB18. I would love to see Alonso at the front, but Aston wont magically end up racing at the front. They arent a Q3 car like Alpine is.
For Sure!!