2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
26 Aug 2022, 18:54
What would you run for the race tgough presuming it was dry? Either a short stint on the softs and medium medium or drop onto hards.
Soft - medium - medium. Or even try soft - medium if they can make the tyre last (which I doubt).
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Although it can't be taken as a given...Mercedes generally sort their issues out on a Saturday...and there is every likelihood of a first corner incident with Max and Charles.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

The car looks worse than before the summer break. I think Wolff should weigh his words about flexi floors the next time. Red Bull have mastered the new regulations. Merc is a bust. Just admit it and get ready for a long haul of mediocre results.

mendis
mendis

Wow! 2 seconds off pace! Mercedes mislead everyone to believe the TD would affect the Red Bull and Ferrari and going by the results, it seems Mercedes forgot to sort the house themselves. :roll:

What's next Toto? This seems like getting worse than 2012. #-o

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

mendis wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:29
Wow! 2 seconds off pace! Mercedes mislead everyone to believe the TD would affect the Red Bull and Ferrari and going by the results, it seems Mercedes forgot to sort the house themselves. :roll:

What's next Toto? This seems like getting worse than 2012. #-o
Yeah once again Toto focusing on others rather than his own team. Credit where credit is due. Newey and Redbull have built and absolute peach of a racing car, with Max at the wheel... 22, 23, 24, 25 are in the bag...5 time champ.

Shrieker

I expect tomorrow to be much better, but it remains to be seen whether one of the cars will be able to contest for the win.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

This track was never going to suit them. They are too poor in a straight line. The concept is just draggy. They should beat mclaren and renault tomorrow but i doubt they will have anything to worry rbr and ferrari. Zanvort will suit them more and Monza will be another nightmare.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Shrieker wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:50
I expect tomorrow to be much better, but it remains to be seen whether one of the cars will be able to contest for the win.
I wish I had your faith sir...even their long run pace was questionable. It is a long track and a long race. Let's see what happens

PlatinumZealot

I think Merc has a decent chance of winning the race tomorrow. It is clear they focused on tyre life. And we know who Spa is with tyre life.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

chrisc90

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 18:19
I think Merc has a decent chance of winning the race tomorrow. It is clear they focused on tyre life. And we know who Spa is with tyre life.
Weren’t they struggling to do anything with the hard tyre in FP? And Russel was saying the soft tyre had gone off after a hot out lap and a run when he tried to soft in the early FP’s.

PlatinumZealot

chrisc90 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 18:22
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Weren’t they struggling to do anything with the hard tyre in FP? And Russel was saying the soft tyre had gone off after a hot out lap and a run when he tried to soft in the early FP’s.
Diversions.

Look at the attitutude of the car to tell how aggressive the tyres are set up. Mercedes very conservative.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

chrisc90

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 18:28
chrisc90 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Diversions.

Look at the attitutude of the car to tell how aggressive the tyres are set up. Mercedes very conservative.
They are taking a diversion quite literally when they are that far off the pace.

I doubt anything will change come the race tomorrow.

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 18:28
chrisc90 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Diversions.

Except, it's Spa. There are bound to be safety cars rain bird dropping etc and several free tyre changes.
I think they should write the year off and do development
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

De Jokke

Hmm, remember me saying this car was a dud and that in Belgium (despite the Hungarian pole) would be back to its old ways?? Seems I was right.
You can keep rating me negatively, but please have the dignity to admit this car is a dud and merc should put it in the bin ASAP!!!

Even Lewis thinks likewise when you look at his interview and reading between the lines.
I hope, from the bottom of my heart, Merc can fix it with the W14 but I highly doubt it :roll: , as every time they have a huge update, the car seems to go backwards (pointing to a correlation issue or not understanding the issues correctly).

For tomorrow, Verstappen will cruise to an easy win with that rocketcar. I don't think that even the W11 had such a margin on the competition.
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

De Jokke wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 20:19
Hmm, remember me saying this car was a dud and that in Belgium (despite the Hungarian pole) would be back to its old ways?? Seems I was right.
You can keep rating me negatively, but please have the dignity to admit this car is a dud and merc should put it in the bin ASAP!!!

Even Lewis thinks likewise when you look at his interview and reading between the lines.
I hope, from the bottom of my heart, Merc can fix it with the W14 but I highly doubt it :roll: , as every time they have a huge update, the car seems to go backwards (pointing to a correlation issue or not understanding the issues correctly).

For tomorrow, Verstappen will cruise to an easy win with that rocketcar. I don't think that even the W11 had such a margin on the competition.
Ok the W13 is a dud and Mercedes should put it in the bin. Feel better now?