2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

ringo wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 23:34
Well yes of course, if a driver is fast he will get a seat. But that's not being disputed. Piastri turned down Alpine because of perceived level of performance, likewise he would have indirectly turned down Williams.
The smaller teams will take him, despite his disloyalty, but top teams will take issue with these things as I feel they can pick and choose what type of driver gets in their car.
Alonso, Hamilton, Shumacher I find are the standout talents in the last 25 years. It's very difficult to understand why Alonso does not have more championships. Arguably he was his own worst enemy in maintain good long term relationships amongst the teams. He is more like mercenary. I would put Max among those three as well in terms of standout talent, but after seeing some more of him as he ages, and maybe changes team. So far he needs to leave the bubble and face a top tier driver. But he is good for 4 or more championships quite easily.
If Alonso didn’t had more championships is only because of bad luck, not for not been in a top team… 5 years at Ferrari (during Red Bull’s domination) and 4 years at McLaren (during Mercedes domination)… The only reason why he didn’t race for Mercedes is because there was no need for it, Mercedes had a top tier driver in his best form (Hamilton) and happy to support him with a #2 driver (Bottas)… Similar with Red Bull (who had Max and were happy to support him with a #2, Gasly, Albon, Perez)… But Alonso drove for top tier teams that unluckily didn’t produce a top tier car while he was there… He as ultimately driven for 3 teams really, Renault / Alpine, McLaren and Ferrari and that says something for someone that has been in F1 for more seasons than any other driver and that will have had the most amount of race starts in F1… The difference with Shumacher and Hamilton (and probably why they were longer in one single team) is because they were in Championship Winning cars during their tenure… If Ferrari wouldn’t have been so dominant or if Mercedes wouldn’t have been so dominant, I doubt either of them would have stayed for as long as they did in a single Team.

JordanMugen

ringo wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 22:09
Then why did he sign a 3 year deal?
Alpine themselves noted that was a Heads of Terms agreement, a non-binding intention, not a deal:
[Szafnauer ] said Piastri had signed a heads of terms agreement with Alpine in November last year which set out the path to a 2023 race debut.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... lpine-boss

ringo

JordanMugen wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 06:46
ringo wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 22:09
Then why did he sign a 3 year deal?
Alpine themselves noted that was a Heads of Terms agreement, a non-binding intention, not a deal:
[Szafnauer ] said Piastri had signed a heads of terms agreement with Alpine in November last year which set out the path to a 2023 race debut.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... lpine-boss
So your are admiting that Piastri signed this document with intentions to deceive?
And you say this trickery is okay for the sport?

He should not have signed it, if he had plans to dishonour the team. And it can still be legally binding.

I do not think Alpine want him to drive for them anymore, but I do think they would like compensation. They cannot force him to drive the car.
Piastri better be sure he is not destroyed by Lando, because Mclaren would have paid effectively 25 million (Daniel) + 4 million (Alpine damages) + his salary for him.
For Sure!!

JordanMugen

ringo wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 07:01
So your are admiting that Piastri signed this document with intentions to deceive?
And you say this trickery is okay for the sport?
:?: Alpine did not provide a confirmed 2023 F1 drive in a timely manner, as themselves set out in the heads of terms, so of course Piastri looked elsewhere. The question is why did Alpine not hold their end and provide a confirmed drive, for instance of the 2023 Alpine, in a timely manner?

It's hardly trickery after all, when the Williams offer is unconfirmed as below, and Alpine had every intention of extending Alonso on Alonso's 1+1! An non-binding heads of terms is NOT a contract, Alpine were making little progress to turn it into a contract, so of course Piastri took up a superior alternative offer.

SmallSoldier wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 17:46
Has there been any statements from Williams that they offer a seat to Piastri… As a matter of fact, is there even an statement from Alpine that he had a seat at Williams? Or is it one of those speculations that are repeated so often that we then take them as facts?

Pany
Pany

Money. Alpine is going to minimise spending, also for drivers, due to economic crisis. So they let time pass by and wait drivers to go away, then they will take the most convenient driver for 2023, probably ricciardo, given that he will get mclaren money and less request to renault alpine. Or they take some other cheap, like kwyat, or many others, hulkenberg again,

Pany
Pany

Money. Alpine is going to minimise spending, also for drivers, due to economic crisis. So they let time pass by and wait drivers to go away, then they will take the most convenient driver for 2023, probably ricciardo, given that he will get mclaren money and less request to renault alpine. Or they take some other cheap, like kwyat, or many others, hulkenberg again,

politburo
politburo

Jack Doohan, an F2 rookie from the Alpine Driver Academy scored his 3rd win today in the series.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Chanman141
Chanman141

Decent haul of points today, don't think they could have done any better

diffuser

Chanman141 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:34
Decent haul of points today, don't think they could have done any better

Plus Ferrari "LeClerc" gifted Alonso an extra 2 point for speeding in the pit lane (5 sec penality) for a total of 16 points.

diffuser

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... rxNAl.html

“I rarely like to talk about details of driver contracts but two things I can say: one, there was no ‘by the 31st of July you have to do some things or therefore you can get on’ – there’s none of that. That 31st of July deadline that I read all the time is fictitious, it’s not in the contract that he signed.

“And the term of the contract, it is through 2024 with an option at the end of ’23. So I’ll just say those things, but there’s a lot more in there. Like I said, I don’t really like to talk about specifics,” explained the Alpine boss.

ringo

This Alpine is the the third best race car now.
And Piastri and Alonso will lose.
Alpine have good options for that seat.
There is still possibility for redbull to loan out Gasly?
For Sure!!

The Prodigy
The Prodigy

ringo wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 18:43
The Alpine is not faster then the Mercedes. It’s the fourth fastest car on the grid.

draghixa
draghixa

ringo wrote:
Where is Russell's Mercedes in Spa? Sounds like you didn't even watch any race and speak out your own world's words.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

ringo wrote:
What are the lottery numbers for next week? #-o

organic

ringo wrote:
3rd best in quali, 4th (sometimes 5th) best in race trim. Their race pace is no match for Mercedes, RB or Ferrari