2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

I don't see how Alpine can loose. If they take Danny or Gasly they are getting an experienced driver of (mostly) known ability with the bonus of removing that driver from what is going to be their immediate competition, and one of them will be taking an untried rookie. He may be good, but how often have wee seen 'the best thing since sliced bread' either come into F1 and quietly fizzle out or take a couple of years to find their feet. Lewis and Max are the exception not the rule.

If things go their way they have the option of selling OP's contract to another team if they are uncomeatable with him, or, worst case, they are back where they were before this all started and have had a month free publicity.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

diffuser

Big Tea wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 19:59
I don't see how Alpine can loose. If they take Danny or Gasly they are getting an experienced driver of (mostly) known ability with the bonus of removing that driver from what is going to be their immediate competition, and one of them will be taking an untried rookie. He may be good, but how often have wee seen 'the best thing since sliced bread' either come into F1 and quietly fizzle out or take a couple of years to find their feet. Lewis and Max are the exception not the rule.

If things go their way they have the option of selling OP's contract to another team if they are uncomeatable with him, or, worst case, they are back where they were before this all started and have had a month free publicity.
I agree whole heatedly. No to mention that Max started out of the limelight somewhat with STR.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

The drama is over… and apparently there won’t be any law suits or requests for any restitutions…

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Apparently, Piastri signed for McLaren on 4 July - four weeks before the drama unfolded.
What a loss of face for Alpine.

JordanMugen

SmallSoldier wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 15:57
The drama is over… and apparently there won’t be any law suits or requests for any restitutions…
Andreas Seidl:
"The contract recognition board decided there was no case. I don't know why the other side thought they had a case."

:lol:

So much for the claims of Alpine having the more skilled lawyers.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

I think it was pretty obvious Alpine didn't have a legal leg to stand on. Otmar's first comments after Fernando announced joining Aston showed that they were in panic mode, not a like a team that had a firm plan B. Everything he's said after then shows he's such a BS merchant.
Now they have to pay out of their pocket if they're to extract Gasly from his RB contract. Not much of a win-win situation after all.
Last edited by Ground Effect on 02 Sep 2022, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

JordanMugen wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:03
SmallSoldier wrote:
Andreas Seidl:
"The contract recognition board decided there was no case. I don't know why the other side thought they had a case."

Exactly! Also… Wonder what all the “internet lawyers” that argue without even reading any of the contracts will say now… Piastri signed a 2 year deal with McLaren on July 4th, before Alonso move to AM

JordanMugen

Ground Effect wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:04
I think it was pretty obvious Alpine didn't have a legal leg to stand on. Otmar's first comments after Fernando announced joining Aston showed that they were in panic mode, not a like a team that had a firm plan B. Everything he's said after then shows he's such a BS merchant.
It seems indeed that all that Piasti had signed was a non-binding Heads of Terms agreement after all, just as Otmar originally said (that it was a Heads of Terms not a contract). To announce a driver who is already contracted to another team without a quote and then take a non-binding agreement to a CRB dispute and threaten High Court action against said driver seems like a very bizarre series of decisions indeed!
Last edited by JordanMugen on 02 Sep 2022, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

SmallSoldier wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:06
JordanMugen wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
Andreas Seidl:

Exactly! Also… Wonder what all the “internet lawyers” that argue without even reading any of the contracts will say now… Piastri signed a 2 year deal with McLaren on July 4th, before Alonso move to AM
So I guess this vindicates Fernando, this is one conspiracy he can't be tied to.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Ground Effect wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:08
SmallSoldier wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:06
JordanMugen wrote:

Andreas Seidl:

So I guess this vindicates Fernando, this is one conspiracy he can't be tied to.
Exactly!

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

If it was obvious Piastri won't be driving for them, why didn't they offer that multi year deal Alonso wanted?

Jolle
Jolle

Michelangelo wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:19
If it was obvious Piastri won't be driving for them, why didn't they offer that multi year deal Alonso wanted?
Well, obvious Alpine were caught in there entitlement that they thought that Alonso had no where to go and Piastri would be a reserve for another year. Webber-Alonso-Briatore just screwed over Renault.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Jolle wrote:
Michelangelo wrote:
Well, obvious Alpine were caught in there entitlement that they thought that Alonso had no where to go and Piastri would be a reserve for another year. Webber-Alonso-Briatore just screwed over Renault.
Weber-Alonso-Briatote didn’t screwed Alpine… Alpine screwed Alpine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jolle
Jolle

SmallSoldier wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:39
Jolle wrote:
Michelangelo wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let’s say they made use of Alpine’s “who do you think we are?” Attitude 😜

Supremist
Supremist

SmallSoldier wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 16:39
Jolle wrote:
Michelangelo wrote:
Alpine did screw Alpine yes, I just wonder something, if the contract was signed since the 4th of July, why wait for the announcement ? If it was known before there would have been no mess like this