2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

SparkyAMG wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 10:21
chrisc90 wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 09:36
I wonder at which point Mercedes’ will prioritise George in the WDC?
30p ahead of Lewis and 13 points off second place.
What would be the point when neither driver is fighting for the WDC?
To troll. :wink:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

rickybobbyf1
rickybobbyf1

PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 19:45
SparkyAMG wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 10:21
chrisc90 wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 09:36
I wonder at which point Mercedes’ will prioritise George in the WDC?
30p ahead of Lewis and 13 points off second place.

What would be the point when neither driver is fighting for the WDC?
To troll. :wink:
Already used to his passive digs towards the team every weekend. 😂

mrluke
mrluke

George made the right call.

Ham was ~2.5s ahead of Max when they entered the pitlane, they could have pitted him...

wogx

Another example of unacceptable behavior of LH supporters. It is not one or three posters, these comments get hundreds of likes.

Russell is wedged in a peculiar situation as far as the F1 fanbase is concerned. To non-Mercedes F1 fans, his presence on the podium will not be warmly welcomed, not just for the simple reason that they support other teams, just because it is associated with the return of "despotic and boring Mercedes dominance." And on the other hand, from the very community of his own team, where he should be receiving support, he is receiving backlash, because Mercedes is steeped to the core in the cult of Hamilton.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

e30ernest
e30ernest

Quantum wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 15:33
Some horrendous posts this weekend.
Fandoms can be so toxic at times. That was horrendous indeed.

proteus

e30ernest wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 03:42
Quantum wrote:
Not was, it is. These people are the ones who are usually terrorising everybody else for any slip-up, mistake or wrongdoing. They are all flawed as is their idol. If only they would keep their toxicity and opinions and hate to themself and the world would be a better place.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

proteus wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 09:39
e30ernest wrote:
Quantum wrote:

Not was, it is. These people are the ones who are usually terrorising everybody else for any slip-up, mistake or wrongdoing. They are all flawed as is their idol. If only they would keep their toxicity and opinions and hate to themself and the world would be a better place.
Not sexually abusing women, throwing flares on track, etc., however.

Other than the word "back stabber" there was nothing unpleasant on that list of posts - just people expressing displeasure in a reasonable manner. Maybe the rest of the thread had nasty stuff on it, but I assume if it did then that stuff would have been posted here instead.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 09:51
proteus wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

Other than the word "back stabber" there was nothing unpleasant on that list of posts - just people expressing displeasure in a reasonable manner. Maybe the rest of the thread had nasty stuff on it, but I assume if it did then that stuff would have been posted here instead.
Not that (as far as we know? That there are no reports of harrasment/abuse at other tracks does not say it doesn't happen, or that it's exclusively Verstappen fans behaving as such), but sending death threats to drivers and race directors doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary.
Every fanbase has it's toxic fraction. The more popular a sport or athlete becomes, the more it will attract such extremes - there's a reason hooligans are encountered more often at Football than Volleyball. I don't think we need to make this a competition as to who has the most toxic fanbase, but better, condemn excesses regardless of which fanbase this comes from.

proteus

Just_a_fan wrote:
proteus wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

But verbally ganging up on a driver is fine, trying to bully him into submission? Sociopaths are known for being able to deal quite a lot of damage with a "reasonable" behaviour. There is no need to be vulgar if you want to hurt someone. You just need to know how much pressure you have to apply to the victim.

Lack of response from Lewis and his sudden amnesia about ranting about his team is also telling a lot.

And i wouldnt care about this at all, if only Mercedes and Lewis would not be so vocal about every little thing and incident that happened in the past, trying to glorify themself as moral idols...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

mendis
mendis

Just_a_fan wrote:
proteus wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

Are you defending online toxicity and your comparitson to diminish such behavior is what happened to a woman in a crowd of morons?

mendis
mendis

Here is another incident that happend in the past couple of days.

Lewis' fan account @Team_LH posted the following tweet after the race. Lewis himself liked and retweeted it!

What followed was hateful and abusive comments from rabid Lewis fans for the tweet and to the extent that the admin of @Team_LH deleted the tweet and posted an apology for posting the above message!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

So they're trying to diffuse the situation. That's a good thing, isn't it?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

mendis wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 10:42
Just_a_fan wrote:
proteus wrote:

Are you defending online toxicity and your comparitson to diminish such behavior is what happened to a woman in a crowd of morons?
I'm not defending anything. There is, however, no comparison between online trolling/abuse and the physical abuse of someone. And it wasn't just one woman, it was several women. And the morons carrying out the physical abuse all appeared to have a specific allegiance.

None of this is good. It's all bad. It's bad for the sport as a whole and it's bad for the vast majority of fans who just want to enjoy F1 no matter what their own team/driver preferences may or may not be.

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 12:23
mendis wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 10:42
Just_a_fan wrote:

I'm not defending anything. There is, however, no comparison between online trolling/abuse and the physical abuse of someone. And it wasn't just one woman, it was several women. And the morons carrying out the physical abuse all appeared to have a specific allegiance.

None of this is good. It's all bad. It's bad for the sport as a whole and it's bad for the vast majority of fans who just want to enjoy F1 no matter what their own team/driver preferences may or may not be.
I know it is easier said than done, but don't read them. If these people do not get recognition they may bugger off elsewhere
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Goblin42

Moving on to monza, on the drag levels that mercedes has it might be the first double Q1 knockout for mercedes in the turbo hybrid era, the RB is constantly 10 to 15kph faster on the straights, best solution is to take an engine penalty and write off the weekend, but this sport might surprise us ,keeping high hopes