Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
alvinkhorfire
alvinkhorfire

Re: Ferrari F60

jonathan189 wrote:Car weights are out and Massa is heavier than anyone in the top five. In other words, the new car really is quick.

=D>
Yeap, it is laden with a lot of fuel. However, the Ferrari engine has relatively high fuel consumption, causing Massa to run out of fuel in the end of the race. So, in the end, it does not matter much...? :(

mike
mike

i thought massa had a refueling problem in his 2nd stop
and it could be the case the the Ferrari is over the minimum weight by 5kg, thats why massa is 5kg heavier than vettel and pitted at the same time.

Astro1
Astro1

mike wrote:i thought massa had a refueling problem in his 2nd stop
and it could be the case the the Ferrari is over the minimum weight by 5kg, thats why massa is 5kg heavier than vettel and pitted at the same time.
On first thought, I also swallowed that BS out of the Ferrari PR room. I then also thought about it and asked myself.

Why did Massa stop before button? and. realized that Ferrari are full of it.

Ferrari better get their act together as they are already becoming the laughing stock of the field.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

Massa didn't stop before Button....according to the chart on Autosport Button stop on lap 18, Rubens 19, and Massa and Vettel 20th....

timbo
timbo

RacingManiac wrote:Massa didn't stop before Button....according to the chart on Autosport Button stop on lap 18, Rubens 19, and Massa and Vettel 20th....
I think he meant second stop.
Although Massa also should have pitted after vettel.
Bad news for next year if Ferrari engine has bigger fuel consumption - we should check RBR and TR.

janis1207
janis1207

After the race ended I also started to think the new F60(B) must be quite heavy.
And/or with a small fuel tank.
Did you notice how evenly the stops were distributed? There's a chance they just couldn't get more fuel in there, and all this talk about malfunctioning machinery is just a smokescreen.
I would suggest that the new diffuser is heavy, that they didn't have the time to redesign the car around it properly, and so had to cut something. The only simple and obvious choice is the fuel tank.

They _could not_ have guessed when Vettel was coming in as Massa was always ahead, so the choice of running the hard tyre compound for so long must have been forced onto them by some solid reasoning. Small fuel tank fits there.

Also, did you notice how Kimis KERS at one point seemed to be completely spent - and the suddenly was fully charged again without any breaking? Kimi then used just a fraction of this newly acquired charge.
What was it? A second KERS battery? (bold treatment of rules in encouraged now, you know :) ) Or am I seeing things?

Metar

The battery-graphic doesn't show the charge in the battery, but only how much of the allowed energy was used so far. McLaren already stated that their KERS recharges in half a second - so I assume Ferrari's comes at least to within a second of that. As soon as you go over the line, the graphic fills up on every KERS car. Raikkonen's KERS malfunctioned at the warmup lap - I think it stayed that way for the rest of the race?

And IIRC, Massa's car wasn't the complete F60B, and only Kimi got the lighter chassis.

mike
mike

timbo wrote:
RacingManiac wrote:Massa didn't stop before Button....according to the chart on Autosport Button stop on lap 18, Rubens 19, and Massa and Vettel 20th....
I think he meant second stop.
Although Massa also should have pitted after vettel.
Bad news for next year if Ferrari engine has bigger fuel consumption - we should check RBR and TR.
Massa was short fueled to stay infront of Vettel in the 1st stop, they both fuel about the same time and they pitted the same time in the 2nd stop which would suggest unless massa is conserving fuel in the 2nd stint or had more fuel onboard or else the ferrari kers and the reault non-kers would have the same/similar fuel consumption

Giblet
Giblet

Before a couple pages ago, this thread was about the F60.
Last edited by Steven on 15 May 2009, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correct: I moved a lot of KERS posts to the McLaren KERS topic and to a new post relating KERS to fuel consumption.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

yeah, didnt they have a major revision in Spain? was iy only for KIMi or did Massa get some upgrades too?

zgred

zgred wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote: Image
Monaco wing details:

PlatinumZealot

So those curved back surfaces on the trailing edge of the wing are there to trap the air and increase down force?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

ISLAMATRON

new kind of gurney flap maybe?

xpensive
xpensive

I wonder how those Ferrari-engineers must feel, when spending all that time tinkering with tiny details on the front-wing endplates, when Brawn simply explored a loop-hole in the rules, which most teams didn't even consider doing, and gained a world of down-force?

I for one, still sympathize with Ferrari on that diffuser-argument, no matter what.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

andartop
andartop

So, does anyone still believe that Schumi's presence and Kimi's poor performances are not related?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft