2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Put him into a top 2 car and things will happen

CjC
CjC

littlebigcat wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 22:57
Clearly Lando if he had ever driven another F1 car wouldn’t have been able to manage that.

And Ric has the reputation for late braking…ooft
@PhillipM has the most constructive post about the Ric/ Lando debate on here which they posted the other day.

This post @littlebigcat is the funniest😂😂
Just a fan's point of view

blastdoman
blastdoman

McL-H wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 22:57
blastdoman wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 22:49
Daniel's race is another shame to add to this season. The race that Daniel Ricciardo has done is outrageous.

And worst of all, there are still three races left to put up with this guy.
Can’t they just get Piastri in the car in Mexico already? Maybe we can still get 4th with him in the car.
I guess they won't replace him for money issues. We will have to swallow the frog in these three races

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 17:41
mwillems wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 17:10
Swed3121 wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 16:09

The key will be weather his reserve contract runs until dec 31 or the “end of 2022 season” as to weather he can do the you g driver test for McLaren, otherwise I hope they can get some running for him at private tests in a 2021 car
His Alpine contract runs until the 31st of Dec, these details were released during the Piasco and I raised this before.

Of course Alpine could let him go early or there may be something in the deal between Alpine and us that allows him to drive the EoS Test for Mclaren, time will tell.
There have been discussions / negotiations to that effect between the Teams already, but so far no agreement
I'm not expecting one, but I don't think it matters massively. Tons of sim time should help and then there will be preseason.

EoS test is a nice to have.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Seerix
Seerix

Maybe RIC was driving 2015 McLaren car today?
Great race by Lando, that last stint was awesome.

Darth-Piekus

If the team this winter magically create a car that will be on part with the first 3 Lando will demolish their star drivers. He is that much better and we have seen that last year when he went toe to toe with them despite having a slower car.

Swed3121
Swed3121

Costing McLaren a position in the WDC 2 years in a row.
If we had, not even 2 Norris’ but even somebody like Hulkenberg or Magnussen in the second car, we would have been P3 last year and P4 this year.
A true shame Ricciardo isn’t returning to alpine, him and ocon seem made for each other.
A true shame that Daniel isn’t true on the grid next year, would have been nice to have a competitor with a hand tied behind their back

Swed3121
Swed3121

Currently -11 to alpine, let’s hope Daniel can at least find the pace of decent pay driver and maybe with a bit of French reliability we can still fight alpine

blastdoman
blastdoman

Lando's overtake on Fernando:

https://youtu.be/DqoBBFh2xL0

Figure8
Figure8

There must be more to the Ricciardo situation than we know. Has he had the same chassis all season does anyone know?

I mean you have to believe it because we are seeing it but my brain can’t compute what Ricciardo has become, maybe some medical stuff going on - it’s all very odd.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Lando did a great job but the car is pretty damn poor isn’t it. How Alpine haven’t stretched their lead over us is mind boggling. I think 5th is where we deserve and the improving Astons suggest we may even be 6th on actual pace now.

Big well done to Lando though who was stellar today and looks like he can be a top, championship fighting calibre of driver.

Danny Ricc needs the break already, he’s so tentative and has zero confidence in our car for whatever reason.

No one can dispute the decision, not even me as a huge Ricc fan. I just wish him well in re discovering his mojo

billamend
billamend

McLaren could bring Palou in for the remaining races, he has the SL 👀

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

The usual remark when trying to defend Daniel is "He hasn't forgotten how to drive". Well, maybe he has? But seriously, Daniel seems stuck in his ways, either he's just refusing to adapt and change his driving style, or he simply can't. Whichever is the case, it's not doing his reputation any good.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

proteus

Mansell89 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 00:45
Lando did a great job but the car is pretty damn poor isn’t it. How Alpine haven’t stretched their lead over us is mind boggling. I think 5th is where we deserve and the improving Astons suggest we may even be 6th on actual pace now.

Big well done to Lando though who was stellar today and looks like he can be a top, championship fighting calibre of driver.

Danny Ricc needs the break already, he’s so tentative and has zero confidence in our car for whatever reason.

No one can dispute the decision, not even me as a huge Ricc fan. I just wish him well in re discovering his mojo
It is still track specific. This track is one of the worse for this chasis and jet Lando managed to stay close and with better tactics then breeze past the midfield.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

SilviuAgo

30 seconds penalty for Alonso after HAAS protest to FIA for allowing him to drive with a damaged car. So only 1 point for Alpine with Ocon promoting to 10th.
Btw, with this penalty Alonso still finishing ahead of Ricci 🙈