2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

10 degrees track temp difference may make a big difference.

Guess the high downforce beam wing doesn't work well with the medium df rear wing :D

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Austria part 2.
A lion must kill its prey.

TNTHead

It's all related to the sprint race format and a bad setup right out of the box,if you'd ask me.

But we'll see.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

TNTHead wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 23:47
It's all related to the sprint race format and a bad setup right out of the box,if you'd ask me.

But we'll see.
Max was calling the car crap from the opening laps of FP1. Why couldn't they react?

Their only hope is rain.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 23:50
TNTHead wrote:

But we'll see.
Max was calling the car crap from the opening laps of FP1. Why couldn't they react?

Their only hope is rain.
Indeed they didn't seem to make big changes like they normally do if Max thinks the setup is awful at first.

Juzh

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 23:50
TNTHead wrote:

But we'll see.

Their only hope is rain.
Apart from imola this year when has RB gotten setup right on a sprint weekend?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I'm expecting a forced 3 stopper tomorrow. There's no scenario where the track temps get hotter and the RB gets better.

They are getting massacred in the middle sector.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Ferrari said this:
"I think Max used the mediums today to have an extra set of softs tomorrow. We saw in FP2 this morning that the red compound tyres behaved better than the mediums, we had already noticed that with Charles. Let's see tomorrow how they behave and who can exploit them more," Binotto said.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Amus said it was the rear tires on the Red Bull that went. Interesting.

Bill
Bill

austria was high altitude too with high speed corners maybe the thin air upset the overall balance of the car

search

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 01:18
Ferrari said this:
"I think Max used the mediums today to have an extra set of softs tomorrow. We saw in FP2 this morning that the red compound tyres behaved better than the mediums, we had already noticed that with Charles. Let's see tomorrow how they behave and who can exploit them more," Binotto said.
he could be right, but I wouldn't call it an "extra set". Everyone but Perez (and Aston Martin) still has two good sets of Softs for the race. Three laps more or less on them are unlikely to make a major difference - not having a 2nd set at all very well could.

Wouter

TNTHead wrote:

But we'll see.
I agree. It happens before. Max needs always more FPs for a good setup.

Because there was only 1 FP, Max didn't get the setup right. Very high tire wear, forcing him to make 2 pit stops.
Mercedes only needs 1 pit stop, so that will be a 1-2 for Mercedes.

There is still a chance for Max to win and that is if he changes the setup and will therefore have to start from the pitlane.
Then it will be an exciting race and he can still win. If he doesn't do the latter, it will be an easy 1-2 for Mercedes.
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Just had a thought exactly like yours. RB should start from the pits in order to change the setup. Gamble on safetycar.

As it stands, they will finish behind the Mercedes. By changing the setup, they may well still finish in the same positions behind Mercedes in the end, but maybe the car will be well handle much better and would have a chance to beat Mercedes if they get a safetycar at the right time.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 11:15
Just had a thought exactly like yours. RB should start from the pits in order to change the setup. Gamble on safetycar.

As it stands, they will finish behind the Mercedes. By changing the setup, they may well still finish in the same positions behind Mercedes in the end, but maybe the car will be well handle much better and would have a chance to beat Mercedes if they get a safetycar at the right time.
That is assuming they know how to fix the setup issue and are very confident about the possible solution.

kediown

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 11:15

That's what I also thought even before the weekend begin. Maybe they could've use the FP2 for further setup changes for the race itself with giving him a new full beast mode PU.