2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

:lol:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

PierreW wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:37
I don't believe these kind of information for one second.It seems people are just deplying rumors in the wake of the moment.
I still don't think Max had any justifiable reason even if Checo did something untoward in Monaco. Max is the captain of the ship. It is his duty to make decisions to ensure that there is no mutiny. Why wouldn't you throw Checo a bone so he can continue to work in your favor. That's what a clever, cunning, WDC driver does. Make the 4D chess moves to continue to curry favor with everyone around him that can support his championship charge.

Max has gone and made a mess of it. The relationship is fractured. As I said before. Max will have to outright sabotage Leclerc's race in Abu Dhabi at the expense of his own, to have any hope of things with Checo going back to the way there were and to not get boo'd out of town in Mexico city.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 13 Nov 2022, 22:47, edited 3 times in total.

Neuron
Neuron

PierreW
PierreW

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:45
PierreW wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:37
I don't believe these kind of information for one second.It seems people are just deplying rumors in the wake of the moment.
I still don't think Max had any justifiable reason even if Checo did something untoward in Monaco. Max is the captain of the ship. It is his duty to make decisions to ensure that there is no mutiny. Why wouldn't you throw Checo a bone so he can continue to work in your favor.

Max has gone and made a mess of it. The relationship is fractured. As I said before. Max will have to outright sabotage Leclerc's race at the expense of his own, to have any hope of things with Checo going back to the way there were.
In my opinion, Max would have to apologize privately to Checo and then promise to help him in a future situation. And then, both are adults and the time can and will heal the wounds. It could be pretty quick if both act as responsible teammate instead of selfish and egodriven pilots.

I hope they will sort it out and that Max will learn from this situation. He was probably still angry because of the Hamilton incident and the way his race was ruined. But he needs to control his emotions better and to learn to respect the team and show more gratitude.

chrisc90

Max now saying if Checo needs the help he will do it?

Maybe Max has his reasons, but I think Checo will have told him straight about how it works.

kediown

Perez's onboard from Monaco. After reading Erik's tweet, it seems strange that Perez didn't tried to countersteer it. I'd expect drivers to do it reflexively. Wild things out there

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

kediown wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:54
Perez's onboard from Monaco. After reading Erik's tweet, it seems strange that Perez didn't tried to countersteer it. I'd expect drivers to do it reflexively. Wild things out there
At the time, people commented that Perez's throttle input before the Apex was far too early to make any sense.

Incognito
Incognito

And, of course, he hurts others too. All the mechanics who would get bonuses based on Perez's WDC finishing position (mechanics who have undoubtedly helped Verstappen in the past), all the people back in the factory with bonuses linked to WDC final positions. All people without whom Verstappen wouldn't be a double WDC. But, as Perez basically said, this is not a surprise nor is it the first time (as Verstappen confirmed over the radio).

Still, there will be plenty of long term F1 observers who will point out that ruthless narcissism is part of a champion's DNA.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Incognito wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:57
And, of course, he hurts others too. All the mechanics who would get bonuses based on Perez's WDC finishing position (mechanics who have undoubtedly helped Verstappen in the past), all the people back in the factory with bonuses linked to WDC final positions. All people without whom Verstappen wouldn't be a double WDC. But, as Perez basically said, this is not a surprise nor is it the first time (as Verstappen confirmed over the radio).

Still, there will be plenty of long term F1 observers who will point out that ruthless narcissism is part of a champion's DNA.
That may be the case, but it's not nice to watch.

MadMax
MadMax

Incognito wrote:

That's all great but once the title is won, helping your team mate is kind of the next most important thing for a driver in a team.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:33
"It is correct what
@TomCoronel
just said at ViaPlay. Perez deliberately crashed in qualifying in Monaco and later admitted it to Helmut Marko and Christian Horner. Max Verstappen has not forgotten that. #F1"
https://media0.giphy.com/media/tFK8urY6 ... w.gif&ct=g
This is a bit suspect its coming out now and just as a justification for Verstappen's actions.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

littlebigcat wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 23:15
AR3-GP wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:33
"It is correct what
@TomCoronel
just said at ViaPlay. Perez deliberately crashed in qualifying in Monaco and later admitted it to Helmut Marko and Christian Horner. Max Verstappen has not forgotten that. #F1"
https://media0.giphy.com/media/tFK8urY6 ... w.gif&ct=g
This is a bit suspect its coming out now and just as a justification for Verstappen's actions.
For what it's worth, I don't think there was any reasonable justification. I think Max needs to be more clever. To think about how throwing Checo a bone when he really wanted it, would pay dividends down the road in pursuit of championship #3.

Nevertheless, the possibility of such a scheme is entertaining...

TNTHead

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 22:58
Incognito wrote:

That may be the case, but it's not nice to watch.
Exactly, and it takes away some of the joy to watch fierce and fair battles.

Perez has gained my respect as being a decent and loyal wingman, then it's a dissonant watching an unpleasant attitude of VER, who's season is already done.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 23:17
littlebigcat wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 23:15
For what it's worth, I don't think there was any reasonable justification. I think Max needs to be more clever. To think about how throwing Checo a bone when he really wanted it, would pay dividends down the road in pursuit of championship #3.

Nevertheless, the possibility of such a scheme is entertaining...
On the flip side, if its true, I wonder what the FIA would think knowing that a team principal found out that a driver purposely crashed in qualifying and didn't do anything about it...?

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

If all of this is because of Monaco (we are all guessing) then it must be absolutely 💯 % certain to Max that it was done deliberately. Whether it should come into the decision making today after all that has happened since (AD21 etc) I’ll leave out in the open. I have voiced my own view on it as I don’t think it is.