2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

west52keep64 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:10
chrisc90 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 00:55
^^ great loophole in the regs there. Run a massively underweight car, then park it in the barrier with the front wheel off the car and FIA unable to decide whether it was legal or not. Your fastest lap time stands and you stick a bit more ballast in to hit minimum weight for the race.
The only fly in the ointment there is they could get called to the weigh bridge at any point during the entire qualifying session. If they got caught it wouldn't just be a DSQ from the race, it would most likely be a multiple race ban.
Only if they go into the pits isn’t it? Never heard of any calls whilst on track to head to the weighbridge

west52keep64

chrisc90 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:21
west52keep64 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:10
chrisc90 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 00:55
^^ great loophole in the regs there. Run a massively underweight car, then park it in the barrier with the front wheel off the car and FIA unable to decide whether it was legal or not. Your fastest lap time stands and you stick a bit more ballast in to hit minimum weight for the race.
The only fly in the ointment there is they could get called to the weigh bridge at any point during the entire qualifying session. If they got caught it wouldn't just be a DSQ from the race, it would most likely be a multiple race ban.
Only if they go into the pits isn’t it? Never heard of any calls whilst on track to head to the weighbridge
So you are suggesting they do the entire qualifying session (Q1, Q2 & Q3) without entering the pits? :wtf:

EDIT: And no they can't change the car just for Q3 without breaching parc ferme.
Last edited by west52keep64 on 14 Nov 2022, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

I don’t think all cars are weighed on the bridge?

Even so, they could just run a bit more fuel in the earlier sessions.

west52keep64

Great summary in this tweet

Juzh

Why is perez saying verstappen has got 2 championships because of him when Verstappen will almost win constructors by himself this year? He should think before saying such stupid stuff.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

west52keep64 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:33

For me, while I generally agree, some of this stuff is incredibly disingenous.

Monaco - Perez was in his own race in Monaco after a bad qualifying and the overcut beat Hamilton which benefitted Perez first and foremost. That Max benefitted is only because Perez tried to finish as high as possible. None of what Perez did was at the expense of his own position in the race.

Baku- Again, Perez was racing for himself. Beating Hamilton was not sacrificing his own race in any way. It just so happened that when Perez raced for himself, it also benefitted Verstappen.

Silverstone - Bad sprint race, then in his own race and this fast lap point was also a point for his battle against Bottas.

Turkey - Again this was Perez driving for his own race, which beating Hamilton was a result. This consequentially helped Verstappen but if Verstappen didn't exist, Perez would have driven the same way to get the best result possible for himself.

Brazil - Again, overlooking that he was in no mans land, fighting Bottas, for P3 in the WDC, and that the team. There was a lucky VSC that robbed him of the podium, and from that point, while he took the fast lap point away from Hamilton, he also claimed it for himself in his battle against Bottas for P3 in the WDC.

The only races where I felt that RB clearly sacrificed Checo's race with reckless abandon (literally used him on a brain dead strat solely to hinder Hamilton) was Abu Dhabi.

And again, reminder that I support Checo generally speaking. I just think the ESPN tweet frames things in a false way.

Juzh

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:48
west52keep64 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:33

For me, while I generally agree, some of this stuff is incredibly disingenous.

Monaco - Perez was in his own race in Monaco after a bad qualifying and the overcut beat Hamilton which benefitted Perez first and foremost. That Max benefitted is only because Perez tried to finish as high as possible. None of what Perez did was at the expense of his own position in the race.

Baku- Again, Perez was racing for himself. Beating Hamilton was not sacrificing his own race in any way. It just so happened that when Perez raced for himself, it also benefitted Verstappen.

Silverstone - Bad sprint race, then in his own race and this fast lap point was also a point for his battle against Bottas.

Turkey - Again this was Perez driving for his own race, which beating Hamilton was a result. This consequentially helped Verstappen but if Verstappen didn't exist, Perez would have driven the same way to get the best result possible for himself.

Brazil - Again, overlooking that he was in no mans land, fighting Bottas, for P3 in the WDC, and that the team. There was a lucky VSC that robbed him of the podium, and from that point, while he took the fast lap point away from Hamilton, he also claimed it for himself in his battle against Bottas for P3 in the WDC.

The only races where I felt that RB clearly sacrificed Checo's race with reckless abandon (literally used him on a brain dead strat solely to hinder Hamilton) was Abu Dhabi.

And again, reminder that I support Checo generally speaking. I just think the ESPN tweet frames things in a false way.
ESPN is sky 2.0 since ages now, they always sh*t on anything RB/max related while praising perez for some overtake for P6 lol.

mendis
mendis

While I am of the opinion that Max should have listened to team's instructions, I am failing to understand what would be the benefit of finishing second in driver's standing and why so much fuss about it? Charles was doing the same, asking his podium bound team mate to be relegated to help his standing. If you don't finish first, everything else is equal to useless. May be it might massage the ego a little, but pointless TBH.

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

mendis wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 05:52
While I am of the opinion that Max should have listened to team's instructions, I am failing to understand what would be the benefit of finishing second in driver's standing and why so much fuss about it? Charles was doing the same, asking his podium bound team mate to be relegated to help his standing. If you don't finish first, everything else is equal to useless. May be it might massage the ego a little, but pointless TBH.
Exactly! And also, Checo should have stayed within a second or 2 from Max in the last lap, not falling like a rock...

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Juzh wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:38
Why is perez saying verstappen has got 2 championships because of him when Verstappen will almost win constructors by himself this year? He should think before saying such stupid stuff.
He said that Max is a 2 time world champion because of him… He isn’t wrong… AD 21 result had a lot to do with how he defended from Hamilton, messing up his own race to give Max a chance to cut the time between them… Max would be a 1 Time WDC without him.

mendis
mendis

I am completely against drivers being interviewed after the races or incidents. This post race media duty of drivers should end. I don't miss it as I almost never watch it. Most of the times, there is adrenalin rush and they are not completely rantional in what they say. It takes a day or two for them to fully understand what they did, why they did, what were the circumstances, what was right and what was wrong, basically to get the whole picture. I like the race analysis/review videos teams does, mostly Mercedes, a couple of days later and it might make sense to then have drivers be part of such videos and give their thoughts. That is more sensible and should be mandated in the better interest of the sport!

Sofa King
Sofa King

This is a wild take on professional sports. They are paid millions of dollars and train physically and mentally plus have the support of a PR team. Speaking their mind is a crucial part of the entertainment, which really is the fundamental goal of F1 or any professional sport
mendis wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 07:12
I am completely against drivers being interviewed after the races or incidents. This post race media duty of drivers should end. I don't miss it as I almost never watch it. Most of the times, there is adrenalin rush and they are not completely rantional in what they say. It takes a day or two for them to fully understand what they did, why they did, what were the circumstances, what was right and what was wrong, basically to get the whole picture. I like the race analysis/review videos teams does, mostly Mercedes, a couple of days later and it might make sense to then have drivers be part of such videos and give their thoughts. That is more sensible and should be mandated in the better interest of the sport!

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

mendis wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 05:52
Beyond the fact that there is prestige associated with how you finish… The history books will show that X driver finished second in the 2022 Championship, which obviously doesn’t have the prestige and accolades of finishing P1, but for the drivers it matters… In addition there are probably hefty bonuses for the drivers involved depending on their finishing position (a lot of money involved) and finally there is nothing like been able to brag that the Team finished 1-2 in the WDC as well as P1 in the WCC… It’s the “perfect season” for the Team if they achieve it (something that if I’m not wrong, has never happened for RBR).

dans79

mendis wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 07:12
I am completely against drivers being interviewed after the races or incidents. !
I can't disagree more, I don't want to hear some bs cooked up by a PR person to smoth everything over.
201 105 104 9 9 7

mendis
mendis

So I am hearing, people want to listen to emoional ranting, even if it is irrational (as they don't have full picture) and devoid of all facts? That's entertainment?