2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

AD should be the real test for Mercedes, much more so than Mexico and Brazil. The drag issue will be back there, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see them 0,5-0,7 behind again at least in quali trim. But chances are they will sort that out for next year, and then they will for sure be in contention for real again.

mendis
mendis

Tvetovnato wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 08:30
AD should be the real test for Mercedes, much more so than Mexico and Brazil. The drag issue will be back there, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we see them 0,5-0,7 behind again at least in quali trim. But chances are they will sort that out for next year, and then they will for sure be in contention for real again.
One should hope it may not be 0.5 or 0.7 and if that is the case, it would be a disheartening scenario. The reason I say that is, Mercedes has introduced upgrades and neither RB nor Ferrari have introduced any upgrades in the recent months. So, if Mercedes still ends the year with the same deficit, despite the upgrades, then when RB and Ferrari puts on their currently progressed upgrades that they haven't introduced and the work they would do through winter, they might be surging even further.

El_KaPpa
El_KaPpa

Does anyone have a picture with Hamilton floor damage during colision with Verstappen. He stated that after the incident the rear behaved differently.

Hamilton: "All I thought in that moment I’d have to retire, because I felt something. The rear wasn’t feeling the same after that and for me it was like, I’m going to lose the team a one-two. That’s all I could think of. Driving over the grass and back onto the track, all I could think of was: ‘How can I get back to giving the team that incredible result?’ For me, it’s not how you fall but how you get back up."
Last edited by El_KaPpa on 14 Nov 2022, 08:51, edited 2 times in total.
Of course I struggle. I just don’t quit.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

mendis wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 08:41
Tvetovnato wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 08:30
One should hope it may not be 0.5 or 0.7 and if that is the case, it would be a disheartening scenario. The reason I say that is, Mercedes has introduced upgrades and neither RB nor Ferrari have introduced any upgrades in the recent months. So, if Mercedes still ends the year with the same deficit, despite the upgrades, then when RB and Ferrari puts on their currently progressed upgrades that they haven't introduced and the work they would do through winter, they might be surging even further.
Well it depends. This car has some inherent weaknesses that cannot be fixed through upgrades. They will change DNA for the car next year, and these upgrades are probably used to confirm the direction they need to take, and so far it seems like they are happy.. but you never know what the others are doing of course.

Henri
Henri

Good race from George and Lewis.. hope next years car has less drag

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Re: Mercedes W13

Im worried about Russell engine... they said he had a water leak in the last part of the race... does he need a new engine for Abu Dhabi? I mean... the temperatures went up with the water leak... I hope he wont have to take penalty. What do you think?

harty71
harty71

El_KaPpa wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 08:44
Does anyone have a picture with Hamilton floor damage during colision with Verstappen. He stated that after the incident the rear behaved differently.

Hamilton: "All I thought in that moment I’d have to retire, because I felt something. The rear wasn’t feeling the same after that and for me it was like, I’m going to lose the team a one-two. That’s all I could think of. Driving over the grass and back onto the track, all I could think of was: ‘How can I get back to giving the team that incredible result?’ For me, it’s not how you fall but how you get back up."
I'm not sure, I don't think he ever mentioned it once during the race so I imagine the damage was cosmetic only, he was too close to Russell on pace to have damage, Russell has been the faster driver all weekend.

search

mclaren_mircea wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 12:04
Im worried about Russell engine... they said he had a water leak in the last part of the race... does he need a new engine for Abu Dhabi? I mean... the temperatures went up with the water leak... I hope he wont have to take penalty. What do you think?
normally he should be fine, I think, even if he has to use older parts. The Mercedes customers made it through the year with 3 power units, Russell has 4, without any failure so far (as far as I can remember).

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Thanks for your the feed back

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

search wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 16:24
mclaren_mircea wrote:
normally he should be fine, I think, even if he has to use older parts. The Mercedes customers made it through the year with 3 power units, Russell has 4, without any failure so far (as far as I can remember).
Did the customers use 3? What about all the failures in Monza?
A lion must kill its prey.

search

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 17:15
search wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 16:24
mclaren_mircea wrote:
Did the customers use 3? What about all the failures in Monza?
mainly, yeah:

(from Austin, but there were no more changes since then for Williams, Aston Martin and Ricciardo)

pursue_one's

El_KaPpa wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 08:44

I'm not sure... :?

chrisc90

Nothing wrong with that floor.

MadMax
MadMax

chrisc90 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:49
There has been a suggestion that the damage was actually to the front wheel aero-cover which would have affected air going to the floor to some degree. And of course going over the grass risks damage to the underfloor strakes if the ground is uneven enough. Doesn't take much damage to affect the airflow after all.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

MadMax wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 21:24
chrisc90 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:49
There has been a suggestion that the damage was actually to the front wheel aero-cover which would have affected air going to the floor to some degree. And of course going over the grass risks damage to the underfloor strakes if the ground is uneven enough. Doesn't take much damage to affect the airflow after all.
If Lewis had damage, then George was quite slow....
A lion must kill its prey.