2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jumpingfish

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

What happened yesterday again showed that Max is not a cunning fox, not far-sighted. For the sake of PR in front of a crowd of spectators, fans, cameras - microphones and the rest, he could make a gesture of goodwill, show Perez his nobility and give up his position. Thus, he would exalt himself, would return the debt for Abu Dhabi, he would only be praised, reproaching Ferrari for the fact that the “clowns” did not do this to Leclerc (I don’t want Sainz to give up his place on the podium, I’m talking about possible conversations if Max helped Perez).

Max's shortsightedness was evident when, at some grand prix, he bluntly stated that he did not lift his foot off the accelerator pedal when he drove past a car in a barrier, for which he received a penalty.

Of course, this is how I think, sitting in a calm atmosphere on the couch, and not in the heat of the race with boiling blood and adrenaline, not knowing the true reasons in Max's head. But had he been smarter, he could have kept the friendly atmosphere in the team, be able to rely on the "minister of defense" in the future and bask in the rays of laudatory reviews of the media. He lost a lot yesterday, and received only a couple of useless points in the already completed championship.

FromGP2toWDC

I think he needs to take a page off Lewis and play the subtlety game a little better in regards to his team, his team mates and his public perception.
Brazil was just bad optics for him all over.

mendis
mendis

Anyone know what he was referring to? He says, "I already told you last summer, don't ask that again to me... OK, are we clear about that... I gave my reasons and I stand by it"

It shows he means strongly about something.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 07:00
Juzh wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:38
Why is perez saying verstappen has got 2 championships because of him when Verstappen will almost win constructors by himself this year? He should think before saying such stupid stuff.
He said that Max is a 2 time world champion because of him… He isn’t wrong… AD 21 result had a lot to do with how he defended from Hamilton, messing up his own race to give Max a chance to cut the time between them… Max would be a 1 Time WDC without him.
Don't be delusional, in the grand scheme of things if there wasn't a safety car in the end of the race, Verstappen would still be a 1 time WDC. Even if Sergio didn't defend against Hamilton, the safety car would bunch them up.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Juzh wrote:
Why is perez saying verstappen has got 2 championships because of him when Verstappen will almost win constructors by himself this year? He should think before saying such stupid stuff.
Well you probably know more then Perez and how he feels.

I hope, since you are such Max/RB fun that you don't cherish same values as them.

ME4ME

I think in Max' mind everything is about performance. I bet he thinks he didn't need a team order to pass Perez. He left him behind and beat him fair and square. It wasn't that long ago there was this quote that "nobody ever helped me so why should I help them" from his junior formula career. He probably stands by it, and on balance he'd rather not get any help and isn't ask for any favors in return, because he thinks he is the best and he'll achieve success by himself.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

SmallSoldier wrote:
Juzh wrote:
He said that Max is a 2 time world champion because of him… He isn’t wrong… AD 21 result had a lot to do with how he defended from Hamilton, messing up his own race to give Max a chance to cut the time between them… Max would be a 1 Time WDC without him.
And I have no doubt Max would do the same to help Checo. I don’t know if you know the Dutch much, but a strong sense of righteousness is very much a national trait. To Max this will now be done and dusted. I don’t particularly agree with it as so much stuff has happened in between that I think Checo has repaid what he owed in spades. Then again I’m a Dutch man living in England. Maybe I’ve changed!

e30ernest
e30ernest

Jaisonas wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 09:50
SmallSoldier wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Don't be delusional, in the grand scheme of things if there wasn't a safety car in the end of the race, Verstappen would still be a 1 time WDC. Even if Sergio didn't defend against Hamilton, the safety car would bunch them up.
If Perez didn't defend against Hamilton, Hamilton will be so far up in the lead that when the SC came out, he'd have a pit window to pit for fresh tires. Because Max was so close, Hamilton did not have the option to pit, hence Max' win.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

It's sad to see the tribalism of Max fans now turning on Checo out of literally nowhere after praising him to the heavens till yesterday.

They could've found a hand written note from Checo saying he spun in Monaco on purpose for all I care.

That doesn't stop Max looking like a petty child yesterday.

mendis
mendis

GrizzleBoy wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:18
It's sad to see the tribalism of Max fans now turning on Checo out of literally nowhere after praising him to the heavens till yesterday.

They could've found a hand written note from Checo saying he spun in Monaco on purpose for all I care.

That doesn't stop Max looking like a petty child yesterday.
Let's not forget they are all ambitious and egoistic drivers. Remember Lewis openly snubbing Paddy in Abu Dhabi 2016 or Vettel's rants against Webber post Malaysia 2013? It didn't sound any great then either. A friendly suggestion, when you establish yourself as anti someone and pro someone, the critical words on the anti, carries zero credibility. If we cannot be unbiased in criticism, words are just electronic characters on an digital media.

N21
N21

jumpingfish wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 09:09
What happened yesterday again showed that Max is not a cunning fox, not far-sighted. For the sake of PR in front of a crowd of spectators, fans, cameras - microphones and the rest, he could make a gesture of goodwill, show Perez his nobility and give up his position. Thus, he would exalt himself, would return the debt for Abu Dhabi, he would only be praised, reproaching Ferrari for the fact that the “clowns” did not do this to Leclerc (I don’t want Sainz to give up his place on the podium, I’m talking about possible conversations if Max helped Perez).

Max's shortsightedness was evident when, at some grand prix, he bluntly stated that he did not lift his foot off the accelerator pedal when he drove past a car in a barrier, for which he received a penalty.

Of course, this is how I think, sitting in a calm atmosphere on the couch, and not in the heat of the race with boiling blood and adrenaline, not knowing the true reasons in Max's head. But had he been smarter, he could have kept the friendly atmosphere in the team, be able to rely on the "minister of defense" in the future and bask in the rays of laudatory reviews of the media. He lost a lot yesterday, and received only a couple of useless points in the already completed championship.
I think this is worded spot on. Unfortunately…

Really dumb from Max and totally unnecessary

Redragon

I think is more simple that all these speculations. Checo was out of F1 and RB saw an opportunity to sign him just to gather good points and sacrifice him when needed to help Verstapen, making Vers officially number 1 driver. Perez knew and knows his role from the beginning. Verstappen yesterday didn't allow him to pass as what it is the point if Perez is going to finish were Verstappen was, specially when there is nothing else to gain for, drivers championship or constructors are already decided. It looks silly or moronic. If you tell me Perez is still on the fight for title or Redbull need more points to win the constructors, yes it will make sense to let him pass to see if he can gain another position but otherwise what's the point.

chrisc90

Literally 99% of Max fans have called him out on it. Anywhere you can share the posts on here about calling Checo out? I’d be interested to see it.

InsaneX_Badger

Jaisonas wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 09:50
SmallSoldier wrote:
Juzh wrote:
That's true, but the same could be said that if he didn't reduce Lewis' lead, Lewis would have had enough time to pit for new tyres like Max did and still regain the lead

Roo
Roo

Redragon wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:47
I think is more simple that all these speculations. Checo was out of F1 and RB saw an opportunity to sign him just to gather good points and sacrifice him when needed to help Verstapen, making Vers officially number 1 driver. Perez knew and knows his role from the beginning. Verstappen yesterday didn't allow him to pass as what it is the point if Perez is going to finish were Verstappen was, specially when there is nothing else to gain for, drivers championship or constructors are already decided. It looks silly or moronic. If you tell me Perez is still on the fight for title or Redbull need more points to win the constructors, yes it will make sense to let him pass to see if he can gain another position but otherwise what's the point.
It looks like the tail is wagging the dog. A public show of defiance that, for me, is the beginning of the end for MV at RB.