2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
basti313
basti313

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

jumpingfish wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 09:09
What happened yesterday again showed that Max is not a cunning fox, not far-sighted. For the sake of PR in front of a crowd of spectators, fans, cameras - microphones and the rest, he could make a gesture of goodwill, 4
Is this what you want/need? I think F1 has enough PR clown/Spice girl among the top drivers.

I am surprised how some show move and team orders are defended now. When Schumacher and Alonso profited by someone moving out of the way it was the worst thing to do...now it is the worst thing if a driver drives home his position not making gifts.

Mod edit - quoted post & response removed
Don`t russel the hamster!

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

I like some drama and Sao Paulo was a spectacle but I don’t think Verstappen did himself any favours there. I'm curious on how this will effect the team dynamics at RB. Perrez already showed his animosity over the team radio and I can remember him putting team mates in the wall on more than one occasion so 2023 could get ugly.

Christian Horner looks like joke now after Verstappen scolded them over the radio so he'll want to assess some dominance to redeem himself and risk pissing off his long term star driver in the process.

Mercedes is back and Russell showing he's bloody fast, consistant and every bit as arrogant as Verstappen. Hamilton already starting the mind games for 2023 on track and in post race interview.

Next season will be fireworks 😁

Roo
Roo

Redragon wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 13:13
Roo wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 12:58
Redragon wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:47
I think is more simple that all these speculations. Checo was out of F1 and RB saw an opportunity to sign him just to gather good points and sacrifice him when needed to help Verstapen, making Vers officially number 1 driver. Perez knew and knows his role from the beginning. Verstappen yesterday didn't allow him to pass as what it is the point if Perez is going to finish were Verstappen was, specially when there is nothing else to gain for, drivers championship or constructors are already decided. It looks silly or moronic. If you tell me Perez is still on the fight for title or Redbull need more points to win the constructors, yes it will make sense to let him pass to see if he can gain another position but otherwise what's the point.
It looks like the tail is wagging the dog. A public show of defiance that, for me, is the beginning of the end for MV at RB.
I think more likely Perez out of RB with Riccardo signed as another bitch for verstappen
Perez will leave if he's not backed, that is inevitable. RB cannot have MV publicly undermining management other will do it.

jumpingfish

basti313 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 13:23
jumpingfish wrote:
What happened yesterday again showed that Max is not a cunning fox, not far-sighted. For the sake of PR in front of a crowd of spectators, fans, cameras - microphones and the rest, he could make a gesture of goodwill, 4
Is this what you want/need? I think F1 has enough PR clown/Spice girl among the top drivers.

I am surprised how some show move and team orders are defended now. When Schumacher and Alonso profited by someone moving out of the way it was the worst thing to do...now it is the worst thing if a driver drives home his position not making gifts.
No, it's not what I want. As for me this is a clown show with strange DNA inside when you have 2 drivers in one team and they should battle each other in the WDC but at the same time they should act as a teammates and bring maximum points in the WCC. Or kick out WDC and both drivers can drive only as a team or let other car manufacturers enter this circus. We would have 20 teams with 1 driver in each but all of them will compete for their own win (WCC and WDC).

Big Tea

Roo wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 13:45
Redragon wrote:
Roo wrote:

It looks like the tail is wagging the dog. A public show of defiance that, for me, is the beginning of the end for MV at RB.
I think more likely Perez out of RB with Riccardo signed as another bitch for verstappen
Perez will leave if he's not backed, that is inevitable. RB cannot have MV publicly undermining management other will do it.
Or he could just collect the money and make it plain he is not 'helping' max.
If he has an offer to drive elsewhere it may be worth moving, but there seems to be nowhere else for him, so take the money and show your face for a year
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

I don’t think Perez will move.

Unless it’s Mercedes or Ferrari there is no other team with the pacer realistically compete.

It would be Danny ric all over again.

The key thing is whether max will help checo in Dubai

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Redragon wrote:
Roo wrote:
Redragon wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:47
I think is more simple that all these speculations. Checo was out of F1 and RB saw an opportunity to sign him just to gather good points and sacrifice him when needed to help Verstapen, making Vers officially number 1 driver. Perez knew and knows his role from the beginning. Verstappen yesterday didn't allow him to pass as what it is the point if Perez is going to finish were Verstappen was, specially when there is nothing else to gain for, drivers championship or constructors are already decided. It looks silly or moronic. If you tell me Perez is still on the fight for title or Redbull need more points to win the constructors, yes it will make sense to let him pass to see if he can gain another position but otherwise what's the point.
Please keep your wording respectful

Redragon

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 14:44
Redragon wrote:
Roo wrote:

Please keep your wording respectful
I been respectful, could have been worst

Redragon

chrisc90 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 14:29

Unless it’s Mercedes or Ferrari there is no other team with the pacer realistically compete.

It would be Danny ric all over again.

Perez does have not choice, once his contract is over is done at Redbull, in my opinion obviosly

basti313
basti313

jumpingfish wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 14:19
basti313 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 13:23
jumpingfish wrote:

No, it's not what I want. As for me this is a clown show with strange DNA inside when you have 2 drivers in one team and they should battle each other in the WDC but at the same time they should act as a teammates and bring maximum points in the WCC. Or kick out WDC and both drivers can drive only as a team or let other car manufacturers enter this circus. We would have 20 teams with 1 driver in each but all of them will compete for their own win (WCC and WDC).
Sure. But as said, I am not unhappy if someone says "no" instead of playing a nice PR clown. At least this is real. Something I am missing when the fanbases of two WDC contenders are discussion who is the bigger a$$hole among the two. The only time we did not have this discussion was when Ham was dominating Bot.
chrisc90 wrote:
Where should he go? There are too many mediocre drivers without a seat with Hulk, Schu, Ric... and the top drivers or top rookies with Ham, Rus, Ver, Nor, Pia, Alo, Sai and Lec are all set in the interesting teams.
chrisc90 wrote:
This is what he said and interestingly he said it does not matter anyways as it is the question who is ahead anyways in the end. I think they know that Merc will not play such a big role again, which means Per needs to be ahead of Lec no matter if they would have switched or not.
Don`t russel the hamster!

AeroDynamic

really poor showing from the team this weekend. Seems the smaller practice window has hurt them at a track where they should have been pretty strong.
Surprising really because since last year the team has been immaculate almost every weekend with getting the car set up in a good place. Their cars have been strong in that respect. Perhaps in conjunction with the smaller window of practice time to figure it out, the motivation is dipping (everything that matters to be won and can be won, has been won)

Max showed his worse sides yesterday. Deliberately spiting another driver's oppertunity to fight for a win because he could not win the race, and spiting Checo for something that should have been buried long ago and moved on from since him and the team won the championships. Whatever his gripes are, Checo's contributions outweigh them massively.

Max has achieved the point he wanted to make, but at what expense? hes hurt morale in the team. He's hurt his own image to his own fans, and hes damaged the relationship with his own wingman who has given him everything him and the team have asked for and been the ultimate wingman. Max's shortsightedness was exposed again this weekend.
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 14 Nov 2022, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 07:00
Juzh wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:38
Why is perez saying verstappen has got 2 championships because of him when Verstappen will almost win constructors by himself this year? He should think before saying such stupid stuff.
He said that Max is a 2 time world champion because of him… He isn’t wrong… AD 21 result had a lot to do with how he defended from Hamilton, messing up his own race to give Max a chance to cut the time between them… Max would be a 1 Time WDC without him.
Ok this makes sense 1+1=2 lol, but still a weird thing to say.

Big Tea

Juzh wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 16:09
SmallSoldier wrote:
Juzh wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:38
Why is perez saying verstappen has got 2 championships because of him when Verstappen will almost win constructors by himself this year? He should think before saying such stupid stuff.
He said that Max is a 2 time world champion because of him… He isn’t wrong… AD 21 result had a lot to do with how he defended from Hamilton, messing up his own race to give Max a chance to cut the time between them… Max would be a 1 Time WDC without him.
I suppose he means not only the assistance he gives but the fact he never 'fights' Max for position.

If you consider how tight last year was, not only if he had not held back Hamilton, but if he had taken just one position from Max, or not taken the fastest lap point, Hamilton would have been champion.

I see where his coming from and agree with him, even if it was for his own benefit and (we don't know) in his job description before signing.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

DGP123
DGP123

Perez ain’t going anywhere. He’s a B driver, at the current best team. Everything else is a downgrade. I’m pretty sure RB remind him during these moments that he’s lucky to be at the team, and that he should fall back in line. I like Checo, but he’s between a rock and a hard place at RB. Go to a midfield team or retire. Therefore, he’ll stay put

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Big Tea wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 16:36
Juzh wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 16:09
SmallSoldier wrote:

I suppose he means not only the assistance he gives but the fact he never 'fights' Max for position.

If you consider how tight last year was, not only if he had not held back Hamilton, but if he had taken just one position from Max, or not taken the fastest lap point, Hamilton would have been champion.

I see where his coming from and agree with him, even if it was for his own benefit and (we don't know) in his job description before signing.
Would you happen to be referring to this Perez:
But Perez is not interested in winning unless he has completely earned it, as he did in Monaco and Singapore this year.

“I don’t need to be given anything,” Perez told ESPN. “I have achieved everything without any gifts for so many years – not that it is necessary.

“In the end, I don’t think about it. I think about my work, about being perfect this weekend and looking for that victory [in Mexico].”

While I do think Max should have been more clever in currying favor, Perez also claimed just two weeks ago that he doesn't need to be given anything. With that said, I'm struggling to understand why Perez has such an issue now? Didn't he say he doesn't want to be given anything? What changed in a fortnight?