2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Jaisonas wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 09:50
SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 07:00
Juzh wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 01:38
Why is perez saying verstappen has got 2 championships because of him when Verstappen will almost win constructors by himself this year? He should think before saying such stupid stuff.
He said that Max is a 2 time world champion because of him… He isn’t wrong… AD 21 result had a lot to do with how he defended from Hamilton, messing up his own race to give Max a chance to cut the time between them… Max would be a 1 Time WDC without him.
Don't be delusional, in the grand scheme of things if there wasn't a safety car in the end of the race, Verstappen would still be a 1 time WDC. Even if Sergio didn't defend against Hamilton, the safety car would bunch them up.
No need for name calling… Not delusional… Everyone, from Sergio to Horner to even Max understand the impact of Sergio on that race… If Sergio doesn’t defend the way he did, Hamilton would have had time for new tires during the Safety Car, the fact that Max was closer didn’t allow him to take the gamble of pitting.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 10:06
SmallSoldier wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Why is perez saying verstappen has got 2 championships because of him when Verstappen will almost win constructors by himself this year? He should think before saying such stupid stuff.
He said that Max is a 2 time world champion because of him… He isn’t wrong… AD 21 result had a lot to do with how he defended from Hamilton, messing up his own race to give Max a chance to cut the time between them… Max would be a 1 Time WDC without him.
And I have no doubt Max would do the same to help Checo. I don’t know if you know the Dutch much, but a strong sense of righteousness is very much a national trait. To Max this will now be done and dusted. I don’t particularly agree with it as so much stuff has happened in between that I think Checo has repaid what he owed in spades. Then again I’m a Dutch man living in England. Maybe I’ve changed!
I’m not judging Max or his comments… I do find the fact that he wouldn’t comply with his Team’s request a bit odd an unnecessary… Just explaining what Sergio meant by Max been a 2 Time WDC because of him.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Juzh wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 16:09
SmallSoldier wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Ok this makes sense 1+1=2 lol, but still a weird thing to say.
Ha… I know… He does have a point in the context of: “I’ve helped him before… I needed help… He didn’t help me”… Not surprised he brought it up, specially right after the race in interviews… It was also a message to the Team (more than to Max)… To the point that afterwards apparently now Max will help Perez in AD.

toraabe
toraabe

He has to prove it. If not he will face the spectators..

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 17:41
Juzh wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Ha… I know… He does have a point in the context of: “I’ve helped him before… I needed help… He didn’t help me”… Not surprised he brought it up, specially right after the race in interviews… It was also a message to the Team (more than to Max)… To the point that afterwards apparently now Max will help Perez in AD.
Why didn't Checo want help in Mexico then?

To be honest, I don't think this has anything to do with finishing P2 or not for Checo. P2 is the first loser. I think it's moreso Checo would simply like to see his teammate do something for him, irrespective of what the benefit may be (P2 in the WDC).

As I said before, I can't reconcile Checo not wanting any help to win in Mexico claiming that he doesn't need it and that he never had help in his career, with suddenly begging for help in Brazil in both the sprint race and the main race.

My conclusion is like I said above which is that its nothing to do with P2 on the face of it. It's simply that Checo would like to also feel like Max has his back in general, even if the consequence is totally meaningless. Simple comradery between the two.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 14 Nov 2022, 18:43, edited 4 times in total.

Big Tea

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 16:56
Big Tea wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 16:36
Juzh wrote:

I suppose he means not only the assistance he gives but the fact he never 'fights' Max for position.

If you consider how tight last year was, not only if he had not held back Hamilton, but if he had taken just one position from Max, or not taken the fastest lap point, Hamilton would have been champion.

I see where his coming from and agree with him, even if it was for his own benefit and (we don't know) in his job description before signing.
Would you happen to be referring to this Perez:
But Perez is not interested in winning unless he has completely earned it, as he did in Monaco and Singapore this year.

“I don’t need to be given anything,” Perez told ESPN. “I have achieved everything without any gifts for so many years – not that it is necessary.

“In the end, I don’t think about it. I think about my work, about being perfect this weekend and looking for that victory [in Mexico].”

While I do think Max should have been more clever in currying favor, Perez also claimed just two weeks ago that he doesn't need to be given anything. With that said, I'm struggling to understand why Perez has such an issue now? Didn't he say he doesn't want to be given anything? What changed in a fortnight?
But it would be nice to have the offer.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 18:36
SmallSoldier wrote:
Juzh wrote:

To be honest, I don't think this has anything to do with finishing P2 or not for Checo. P2 is the first loser. I think it's moreso Checo would simply like to see his teammate do something for him, irrespective of what the benefit may be (P2 in the WDC).

As I said before, I can't reconcile Checo not wanting any help to win in Mexico claiming that he doesn't need it and that he never had help in his career, with suddenly begging for help in Brazil in both the sprint race and the main race.

My conclusion is like I said above which is that its nothing to do with P2 on the face of it. It's simply that Checo would like to also feel like Max has his back in general, even if the consequence is totally meaningless. Simple comradery between the two.
Why do you keep context out of your post? I mean, context matters… Do you have the whole interview or what the actual question was to Perez in regards to Mexico? Or you are just taking a quote to prove a point (which I’m not sure which one is it).

proteus

Response from Max was a d*ck move to be honest. He had nothing to gain with overtaking Alonso and especially nothing to lose when letting Perez by. He lost many supporters with his selfish behaviour and most of all he lost a vital ally in his team which gave his best effort last year for their goal. Hopefully Marko set him straight after this fiasco.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 19:30
AR3-GP wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Why do you keep context out of your post? I mean, context matters… Do you have the whole interview or what the actual question was to Perez in regards to Mexico? Or you are just taking a quote to prove a point (which I’m not sure which one is it).
I'm not taking anything out of context. I'm pointing out that Checo's reasons for not wanting help in Mexico, but simply wanting a favor from Max in Brazil point to something which has nothing do to with P2 in the WDC.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 19:54
SmallSoldier wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I'm not taking anything out of context. I'm pointing out that Checo's reasons for not wanting help in Mexico, but simply wanting a favor from Max in Brazil point to something which has nothing do to with P2 in the WDC.
Yes you are… You are living the question out of context.

He was asked about Team Orders to get the Win in his home GP (which is something that as he said, he wants to earn if it comes)… That’s very different than your Team Mate helping you get P2 in the WCC with a couple of laps to go and when in P6-P7 and when you have probably left points on the table throughout the season to help him achieve his goal, now that the Team has won the WDC and WCC, there is no reason why they shouldn’t support him to get as high as possible in the WDC… If you can’t see the difference, it’s up to you… But for some (maybe very few, me included) are very different situations.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:07
AR3-GP wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

He was asked about Team Orders to get the Win in his home GP (which is something that as he said, he wants to earn if it comes)… That’s very different than your Team Mate helping you get P2 in the WCC with a couple of laps to go and when in P6-P7 and when you have probably left points on the table throughout the season to help him achieve his goal, now that the Team has won the WDC and WCC, there is no reason why they shouldn’t support him to get as high as possible in the WDC… If you can’t see the difference, it’s up to you… But for some (maybe very few, me included) are very different situations.
What's the difference? If anything, the mental gymnastics should strike you as odd. Why wouldn't he want help for such a tremendous achievement such as a Mexican driver winning the Mexican GP?

If you gave Checo the choice of winning the Mexican GP, or finishing P2 in the WDC, he will take the Mexican GP win any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Which just gets back to my first point. Big Tea also hinted at this. You care less about the end result, and you care more about that fact that your so called teammate was willing to offer it, even if you go on to reject the help.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:13
SmallSoldier wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

What's the difference? If anything, the mental gymnastics should strike you as odd. Why wouldn't he want help for such a tremendous achievement such as a Mexican driver winning the Mexican GP?

If you gave Checo the choice of winning the Mexican GP, or finishing P2 in the WDC, he will take the Mexican GP win any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Which just gets back to my first point. Big Tea also hinted at this. You care less about the end result, and you care more about that fact that your so called teammate was willing to offer it, even if you go on to reject the help.
Again, I completely understand Perez and actually agree with him… To win my home GP, I wouldn’t want to be “given” that, there is a matter of pride involved in achieving that milestone on your own.

But to get P2 in the WDC, when you have probably left several points on the table to help your Team Mate (how many races was Checo compromised on his strategy to either forced someone else to react, understand how the tires were working / degrading, stealing points from someone else for the Fastest Lap, trying to block or slow down a charging rival?… I mean, if Perez would have drove only thinking about himself all season, he would probably have secured P2 in the WCC by now… But he was a Team Player and I’m sure that there is going to be some reciprocity (specially given the circumstances).

In addition, your mindset also changes… While in Mexico his mind may not have in P2 for the WDC (which by the way, he actually acknowledged)… In Brazil, it was.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:26
AR3-GP wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Again, I completely understand Perez and actually agree with him… To win my home GP, I wouldn’t want to be “given” that, there is a matter of pride involved in achieving that milestone on your own.

But to get P2 in the WDC, when you have probably left several points on the table to help your Team Mate (how many races was Checo compromised on his strategy to either forced someone else to react, understand how the tires were working / degrading, stealing points from someone else for the Fastest Lap, trying to block or slow down a charging rival?… I mean, if Perez would have drove only thinking about himself all season, he would probably have secured P2 in the WCC by now… But he was a Team Player and I’m sure that there is going to be some reciprocity (specially given the circumstances).

In addition, your mindset also changes… While in Mexico his mind may not have in P2 for the WDC (which by the way, he actually acknowledged)… In Brazil, it was.
I don't really agree. You take it however you can get it because such opportunities don't come very often. Drivers say one thing, but they will gladly take it if the opportunity came and it would look all the same to them.

Do you think Max took offense to getting help from Checo in AD to win the WDC last year ? :? Doubtful. Do you think Hamilton was ashamed to win his home race last year after taking Verstappen out? :? Doubtful.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:47
SmallSoldier wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:26
AR3-GP wrote:

I don't really agree. You take it however you can get it because such opportunities don't come very often. Drivers say one thing, but they will gladly take it if the opportunity came and it would look all the same to them.

Do you think Max took offense to getting help from Checo in AD to win the WDC last year ? :? Doubtful. Do you think Hamilton was ashamed to win his home race last year after taking Verstappen out? :? Doubtful.
You don’t have to agree… It’s not about been “ashamed” or taking offense… But I can understand Perez not going into the race with the expectation that he is going to be given a win by his team mate in his home GP, if it happens, how it happens, completely different stories… But do you expect him to answer: “Yes, I would like Max to give me the win in Mexico” when asked about it? Really?

Anyway… I’ll take my leave, going in circles… You asked a question, I tried to give you a bit of perspective on it… Up to you what you do with it… Have a good day!

Neuron
Neuron

More and more interesting...