2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
harty71
harty71

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 01:18
Personally I think its the first bit of pace/racecraft that russell has displayed all season. Id be interested to know where else he has earned his Mr Sunday title this season. Hes only had a small handful of podiums and they were all because a car infront of him retired.
By being there or there abouts all season, there's a reason why he's beating Hamilton in the points standings.

On the occasions Hamilton has had the legs on him it's usually been very fine margins.

He's much better at reading a race than Hamilton and is actually proactive with it.

Race pace is mainly about tyre management anyway, he's super intelligent and smooth behind the wheel, that will come with experience.

He's already beat the most successful driver ever, what more does the kid have to prove.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

harty71 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 01:38
chrisc90 wrote:
Personally I think its the first bit of pace/racecraft that russell has displayed all season. Id be interested to know where else he has earned his Mr Sunday title this season. Hes only had a small handful of podiums and they were all because a car infront of him retired.

He's already beat the most successful driver ever, what more does the kid have to prove.
Well, he's going to have to win championships for starters :wink:

At least 1 championship before we can even begin to start talking about his placing in F1's hall of fame. Several more before he can begin to trouble Hamilton's own accomplishments.

This race was a good statement drive from George. A statement to Toto.
A lion must kill its prey.

harty71
harty71

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 01:55
harty71 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

At least 1 championship before we can even begin to start talking about his placing in F1's hall of fame. Several more before he can begin to trouble Hamilton's own accomplishments.

Oh yes but accomplishments alone don't paint the full picture.

If the car is there he will deliver, that I have no doubt.

Props to Mercedes for letting them duke it out, something RB wouldn't dream of.

Mosin123
Mosin123

AR3-GP wrote:
harty71 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

By not having a bigger gap the the damaged sister car behind on a good few laps older tyres? Not much of a statement... Im trying to remeber but was LH tyres not 6 / 7 laps older? So your looking at around 300 - 500 ms slower? A lap and was unable to pull away? Even though you could tell LH was not pushing? Seemed like LH let him have it to me, LH was in the bring it home setting.....

To clarify... Lh wrote the season off when the car was deemed problematic, now Lewis has sacrificed the season ( first half) fixing them, he wil bring his a game next season and claim that 8th.

Even it its a painfull thought, that has been my impression from merc LH and GR for most of the season.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Mosin123 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 02:58
AR3-GP wrote:
harty71 wrote:

By not having a bigger gap the the damaged sister car behind on a good few laps older tyres? Not much of a statement... Im trying to remeber but was LH tyres not 6 / 7 laps older? So your looking at around 300 - 500 ms slower? A lap and was unable to pull away? Even though you could tell LH was not pushing? Seemed like LH let him have it to me, LH was in the bring it home setting.....

To clarify... Lh wrote the season off when the car was deemed problematic, now Lewis has sacrificed the season ( first half) fixing them, he wil bring his a game next season and claim that 8th.

Even it its a painfull thought, that has been my impression from merc LH and GR for most of the season.
Well, Bottas would have almost certainly folded. So we can atleast give George that credit.

Keep in mind I have no skin in the game. I couldn't care less who beats who.
A lion must kill its prey.

mendis
mendis

Mosin123 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
harty71 wrote:

If George can do what he has shown this year and his supposed talent, then Lewis will have much harder time fighting George, Max and potentially Charles for next year if the car is a contender. It's not going to be a straight forward fight. George would be aspiring a title himself and would offer no help like Bottas used to do. The part that we haven't witnessed yet is, how selfish George can get as all talented drivers brings loads of it. For now, by beating Lewis, George would feel morally high and that sort of confidence can boost a driver. Mercedes is going to be an interesting place next year!

Henri
Henri

mendis wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 03:36
Mosin123 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

If George can do what he has shown this year and his supposed talent, then Lewis will have much harder time fighting George, Max and potentially Charles for next year if the car is a contender. It's not going to be a straight forward fight. George would be aspiring a title himself and would offer no help like Bottas used to do. The part that we haven't witnessed yet is, how selfish George can get as all talented drivers brings loads of it. For now, by beating Lewis, George would feel morally high and that sort of confidence can boost a driver. Mercedes is going to be an interesting place next year!
Means nothing beating Lewis when not competing for a championship.. hope merc give Lewis and George a fast car.. i kindda miss the rosberg Lewis rivalry.. i still dn't think George is as fast rosberg yet who was a rocket in qualifying

Henri
Henri

les arcs wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 23:09
You’ve now got X-ray vision to supplement the rest of your BS?
chrisc90 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:49
Nothing wrong with that floor.
Why is guy always in merc threads ?

mendis
mendis

Henri wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 05:19
les arcs wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 23:09
You’ve now got X-ray vision to supplement the rest of your BS?
chrisc90 wrote:
14 Nov 2022, 20:49
Nothing wrong with that floor.
Why is guy always in merc threads ?
Forum threads are meant for discussion about a 'topic'. A 'topic' can have a variety of views and opinions, can be contradicting too. A team thread is a 'topic', not a den of 'fans only'. Members can post their opinion and views about the 'topic', it's irrelevant if that view or opinion is liked by all or not. If posts are offtopic or abusive, it can be reported. That's my understanding.

pursue_one's

Lewis lost his front wheel cover

e30ernest
e30ernest

I really wish the FIA didn't require these wheel covers.

harty71
harty71

If Mercedes are really competitive next season we are going to be in for a real treat and I predict big fireworks.

I personally think this race is the beginning of the end for Hamilton, I don't think he will be able to match the consistency and assertiveness of Russell.

The team employed him to replace Hamilton, this is a changing of the guard there's no doubts about that, Lewis can't improve, it's only decline for him at that age, Russell will only get stronger with experience.

I have a feeling they will be challenging RB right from the off. I made it a priority to not sacrifice all my weekends watching every session, not a chance with this anticipation.

DGP123
DGP123

harty71 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:38
I personally think this race is the beginning of the end for Hamilton, I don't think he will be able to match the consistency and assertiveness of Russell.

The team employed him to replace Hamilton, this is a changing of the guard there's no doubts about that,
My god. It’s like you’ve missed the entire second half of the season. Staggering some of the stuff you read on here. Changing of the guard……lol. Hamilton has bent over Russell since the half way mark, but one race in Brazil, whereby Lewis is crashed into on T2, and Russell is suddenly a god. Laughable stuff. Even the ‘Russell can read race better’ stuff makes me chuckle. A couple of good pit calls and the guy is Nostradamus or something. It’s like people forget Lewis has won 7 titles and over 100 races. Pre Brazil, the only Mercedes driver looking likely to win a race has been Hamilton. The way people talk of his weaknesses and issues on here, make him sound like a Latifi level driver. Mind boggling.

harty71
harty71

DGP123 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 11:29
harty71 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:38

The team employed him to replace Hamilton, this is a changing of the guard there's no doubts about that,
My god. It’s like you’ve missed the entire second half of the season. Staggering some of the stuff you read on here. Changing of the guard……lol. Hamilton has bent over Russell since the half way mark, but one race in Brazil, whereby Lewis is crashed into on T2, and Russell is suddenly a god. Laughable stuff. Even the ‘Russell can read race better’ stuff makes me chuckle. A couple of good pit calls and the guy is Nostradamus or something. It’s like people forget Lewis has won 7 titles and over 100 races. Pre Brazil, the only Mercedes driver looking likely to win a race has been Hamilton. The way people talk of his weaknesses and issues on here, make him sound like a Latifi level driver. Mind boggling.
Russell has outscored Hamilton since the summer break, there has been no bending over from Hamilton.

Hamilton had no answer for Russell at the weekend, when has that happened to a Hamilton determined to get a win?

They started from a clean slate after the safety car, here was Hamilton's chance to get the team and his first win, Russell did something special there and made a big statement.

Just put things in to perspective, he's defeated the most successful driver ever in every metric this season, an amazing season from him let's be honest.

DGP123
DGP123

Can’t be dealing with this WUM