2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
harty71
harty71

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

F1NAC wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 13:20
harty71 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 11:00
Ricciardo is a better driver than Perez as ever been, I wouldn't want to degrade myself by accepting that position.
maybe couple of years ago. not anymore
I don't believe that, I just think for some reason he can't get on with the car, either that or Norris is different gravy.

Roo
Roo

harty71 wrote:
Ricciardo is a better driver than Perez as ever been, I wouldn't want to degrade myself by accepting that position.
Time for some "Ric "Rolling" back the years"

harty71
harty71

Roo wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:35
harty71 wrote:
Not going to happen sadly, he's out now.

Still, any highlight reel of him is worth a watch, pulled off some of the best moves in decades.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Wouter wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:54
mendis wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 03:38
AR3-GP wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 02:32
People forget how much Max has helped Checo to get to P2 in the WDC.

Saudi Arabia - Max defeated Charles
Imola - Max defeated Charles in sprint race
Miami - Max defeated Charles
Monaco - Max defeated Charles (well Ferrari defeated Charles but....)
Italy - Max defeated Charles
Japan - Max defeated Charles
USA - Max defeated Charles

From this perspective, Max is the reason Checo is still in the battle with Charles going into Abu Dhabi.

If Max finished 2nd in Saudi Arabia, Miami, Italy, and Japan, Perez would no longer be in the fight for 2nd place. :wink:
I like this perspective too. :D

I am guessing Max is preparing ground for Ric's return. He would probably be a much better No.2 or better yet, Nyck.
Helmut Marko about Ricciardo:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/maxv1 ... 723801465/
Hmm link doesn't work for me. Marko has instagram? :wtf:

Wouter

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 16:15
Wouter wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 10:54
mendis wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 03:38
I like this perspective too. :D

I am guessing Max is preparing ground for Ric's return. He would probably be a much better No.2 or better yet, Nyck.
Helmut Marko about Ricciardo:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/maxv1 ... 723801465/
Hmm link doesn't work for me. Marko has instagram? :wtf:
This is not the IG story of Marko. Can't you watch other stories on IG from other people?

He says they are having talks with Ricciardo and he is welcome to return.
It also involves promotional activities. Reserve driver, sim driver and show car demo runs everywhere.
Last edited by Wouter on 15 Nov 2022, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

DChemTech
DChemTech

harty71 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 13:46
F1NAC wrote:
harty71 wrote:
I don't believe that, I just think for some reason he can't get on with the car, either that or Norris is different gravy.
Maybe, or he was at least when he was at RB. And Perez has had very good seasons as well, both at Sauber and Force India. Regardless of how they performed, Ricciardo decided to move on and try opportunities elsewhere - which did not work out as anticipated. In the meantime, Perez did show sufficient qualities to be hired at RB, and fits the position very well; not fast enough to be a threat for Max, fast enough to compete with the rest. It's not always about who is or was the best driver, but about who fills the role the best. And at the moment, that is not Ricciardo.
Whether or not he can accept that or he should pick up gardening is his to decide.

Big Tea

I think Max and Danni is a recipe for (several) disaster. We only need to look at this last weekend to see they both have a similar 'cornering style' and this style does not often work against someone with the same 'style'. Danni is also not the sort to allow the No1 driver through easily and I foresee corner squabbles between them ending in tears if it happens
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

F1NAC

harty71 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 13:46
F1NAC wrote:
harty71 wrote:
Well there were 2 types of cars. Two cars of different generation with the same outcome. He just didn't adapt well. and that cost team position and money in constructors for 2 years. It's just a shame that he left Renault. Totally unecessary.

It all started with avoiding being #2 to de facto maybe becoming #3 driver LMAO

mendis
mendis

Big Tea wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 17:23
I think Max and Danni is a recipe for (several) disaster. We only need to look at this last weekend to see they both have a similar 'cornering style' and this style does not often work against someone with the same 'style'. Danni is also not the sort to allow the No1 driver through easily and I foresee corner squabbles between them ending in tears if it happens
I think it's pretty clear now to everyone that Max races Lewis differently. He had a very clean season up unitl now while battling with the likes of Charles and Sainz. Well, even with George (Spain and Brazil), it was different. Racing style is a statement of mind and so far it's evident how Max goes with his racing. It depends on who he is racing with. By 2018, Max was clearly faster than Ric and post Baku 2018, he was pretty much clean slate in duels, except Lewis. I am not sure if we would see the pre-2018 style of racing between Max and Ric. Even back then, despite collisions, he tried to maintain a good relationship with Ric, by Ric's own confession. If Ric's speed has degraded as we are witnessing in McLaren, then he is going to be no threat at all.

MadMax
MadMax

mendis wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 17:41
I think it's pretty clear now to everyone that Max races Lewis differently.
He either hates him, is scared of him, or is sees him as the only real threat over a season. He just seems to feel the need to make a point every time which, for me, points to either hatred or seeing him as a genuine threat. I doubt Max is scared of anyone on track.

It's an interesting dynamic.

mendis
mendis

MadMax wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 17:52
mendis wrote:
He either hates him, is scared of him, or is sees him as the only real threat over a season. He just seems to feel the need to make a point every time which, for me, points to either hatred or seeing him as a genuine threat. I doubt Max is scared of anyone on track.

The way I see is, if you want to become the emperor, you gotta beat the emperor. If you can't do it when the emperor is still on top, then even if you get there, you won't feel the high. So, Max obviously wants to make a point and he wants to do it ruthlessly on track and he is sort of genetically engineered to be that way. Pre 2021, Lewis didn't really engage at that level, but he has once he realized Max is getting ruless with him.

MadMax
MadMax

mendis wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 18:08
MadMax wrote:
mendis wrote:

The way I see is, if you want to become the emperor, you gotta beat the emperor. If you can't do it when the emperor is still on top, then even if you get there, you won't feel the high. So, Max obviously wants to make a point and he wants to do it ruthlessly on track and he is sort of genetically engineered to be that way. Pre 2021, Lewis didn't really engage at that level, but he has once he realized Max is getting ruless with him.
Yes, I think that's probably what's going on in Max's head. He see Lewis as the man to beat. Where Lewis has a problem is that whilst Max was learning his F1 trade, doing his "let them race" antics, Lewis was working hard to stay out of his way because he had championships to lose and Max didn't. I think Lewis has now decided "enough is enough" and has changed the rules of the relationship. It's up to Max to decide how to deal with that now.

dans79

MadMax wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 18:36
Yes, I think that's probably what's going on in Max's head. He see Lewis as the man to beat. Where Lewis has a problem is that whilst Max was learning his F1 trade, doing his "let them race" antics, Lewis was working hard to stay out of his way because he had championships to lose and Max didn't. I think Lewis has now decided "enough is enough" and has changed the rules of the relationship. It's up to Max to decide how to deal with that now.
Let them race has also been left in the dust, so all the drivers need to adjust to that!
201 105 104 9 9 7

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

MadMax wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 18:36
mendis wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 18:08
MadMax wrote:

I think they both need to reflect here. In a closer championship with other contenders both can’t afford a DNF. Not providing any racing room is a recipe for disaster, so are high risk dive bombs (if you can’t keep the car on track on the day).

Imho someone should allowed to do a high risk move (and the other party is giving the room to do it) but if it results in contact due loss of control or over speed, it should be penalised heavily, especially if the other party has raced correctly. That should focus the mind no end and it’ll soon stop

Roo
Roo

harty71 wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:58
Roo wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:35
harty71 wrote:
Not going to happen sadly, he's out now.

Still, any highlight reel of him is worth a watch, pulled off some of the best moves in decades.
It was a joke based on song titles.