2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AeroDynamic

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Max's spite is concerning. I believe he would rather see George win than Lewis win, so if its Lewis vs George In the title race and max is not, the impression I have is Max may well be looking at lewis as a 'racing incident' target.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

AeroDynamic wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 13:53
Max's spite is concerning. I believe he would rather see George win than Lewis win, so if its Lewis vs George In the title race and max is not, the impression I have is Max may well be looking at lewis as a 'racing incident' target.
I think that knife cuts both ways. It’s been personal between them for a while

Wouter

Last year in Abu Dhabi

The Power of Dreams!

mendis
mendis

AeroDynamic wrote:
He would become a hero with Sky F1, because when it's George Vs Lewis, you know who they are going to stand with. :)

organic

AeroDynamic wrote:
The post-race interview max gave certainly suggested, if not outright stated, that to be the case yeah

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

AeroDynamic wrote:
I think you can say the exact same for Lewis. What we have seen is that both dont yield when fighting each other. Lewis actually has quite the history of wrecking with his rival when it gets serious. In the Rosberg years there was a similar trend evolving...

organic

napoleon1981 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 06:29
AeroDynamic wrote:
I think you can say the exact same for Lewis. What we have seen is that both dont yield when fighting each other. Lewis actually has quite the history of wrecking with his rival when it gets serious. In the Rosberg years there was a similar trend evolving...
Anyone in a title fight takes more risks with the direct rival. Leclerc said it best in his post-race interview at COTA. He said that he knew he could take more risks with Checo (when making a large divebomb) because they are fighting for the championship position, so went for the audacious move. Larger risks make more sense in wheel to wheel because when you get it wrong neither of you score, and it's clear this is consciously considered by drivers

Throw in the added pressure/stress of a title fight to affect the composure of the drivers

And thus it's obviously natural for this to happen. Lewis has been in so many title fights that it's bound for this sort of thing to have happened in a few of his title fights. This only reflects the same trend that can be observed overall across the entire existence of motor racing

Title rivals are naturally going to risk more against one another

astracrazy
astracrazy

napoleon1981 wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:
And don't forget Massa, there was a period where they were constantly crashing. Lewis was crashing with his rivals before Max was even in F1.

Brazil was Max's first on track incident of the season (I may be wrong) despite several close battles, but Brazil wasn't Lewis' - he has had plenty.

The trend is with Lewis.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

napoleon1981 wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:
Absolutely untrue. Lewis either backs out of potential clashes with Max (multiple times last year) or they crash and Max gets penalized in all cases bar one. Lewis has no history of ”wrecking his rivals” when things get serious, unlike Max who even admitted to crashing into Lewis in the last race on purpose. It’s grasping at straws from Max fans to try and make Lewis look as awful as Max does in racing situations.

chrisc90

Tvetovnato wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 12:36
napoleon1981 wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:
Absolutely untrue. Lewis either backs out of potential clashes with Max (multiple times last year) or they crash and Max gets penalized in all cases bar one. Lewis has no history of ”wrecking his rivals” when things get serious, unlike Max who even admitted to crashing into Lewis in the last race on purpose. It’s grasping at straws from Max fans to try and make Lewis look as awful as Max does in racing situations.

Seems a common trend. Is that not wrecking your rival? Rosberg Hamilton incident?

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 12:41
Tvetovnato wrote:
napoleon1981 wrote:

Seems a common trend. Is that not wrecking your rival? Rosberg Hamilton incident?
If you by common trend mean one instance, then you are right. But as has been discussed multiple times, he had the right to go for the move. It was not executed properly, hence the penalty. I’m 100 % fine with that.

Now, will you post videos from all the times Lewis backed out to avoid a crash, and all the clashes Max got penalized? Monza, Jeddah, Brazil last year and this year. I’m waiting.

chrisc90

If you want to post that to support your post then feel free.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 12:49
If you want to post that to support your post then feel free.
I don’t think I need to, right? There was a reason you left them out.

chrisc90

You said that Lewis has no history of wrecking his rivals.

I countered that with the video which every clip shows him wrecking a rival.

Are you saying that Lewis was not found at any sort of fault for each of those clips?

Nobody even mentioned max.

AeroDynamic

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 12:41
Tvetovnato wrote:
napoleon1981 wrote:

6 incidents over 15 seasons. Wouldn’t call that a history. Some of those clips are just contact and not anything else. I think max is around double that in half as many seasons. When people put the word “crash” into your name to refer to you and your ways, there’s a history. Maldonado was like that for example.