2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Now that's how you take care of business. On to tomorrow. Should be a straightforward 1-2 finish based on FP2 and today. RB have done a phenomenal job to prepare the car this weekend, a car which has not had any major updates since Spa, and no minor updates since Singapore.

toraabe
toraabe

Although Verstappen is at the front RB he has to let Perez pass him so he can be captain slow.

chrisc90

toraabe wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 19:34
Although Verstappen is at the front RB he has to let Perez pass him so he can be captain slow.
Yeah, I think that will be how it will play out, especially in the early laps.

That will give RB strategists the time to work out the pace of the Ferrari and whether they need to use Max to cover them off.

If, at any point in the race the threat from behind reduces to next to nothing, then Max will be free to ramp up the pace and chase down Checo.

That way your effectively getting team orders, securing 2nd for Checo, given any late safety car calls, and Max will be free to go for his 15th win of the season.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 19:41
toraabe wrote:

That will give RB strategists the time to work out the pace of the Ferrari and whether they need to use Max to cover them off.

If, at any point in the race the threat from behind reduces to next to nothing, then Max will be free to ramp up the pace and chase down Checo.

That way your effectively getting team orders, securing 2nd for Checo, given any late safety car calls, and Max will be free to go for his 15th win of the season.
If FP2 is anything to go by, RB have something like 7 tenths in hand in the race pace.

Considering the RB is better in the race than qualifying, and Ferrari the opposite, it will require something extremely unexpected to occur for Perez to lose 2nd.

chrisc90

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 19:43
chrisc90 wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 19:41
toraabe wrote:

If FP2 is anything to go by, RB have something like 7 tenths in hand in the race pace.

Considering the RB is better in the race than qualifying, and Ferrari the opposite, it will require something extremely unexpected to occur for Perez to lose 2nd.
Agreed, the race pace was looking very good. Im pleased the car was setup initially very well out the box and Lawson getting the car also in a good window for Max. Typically when Max says the car feels good, we know that the race car is going to be very strong. When Max doesnt feel the setup and needs to make some changes its a bit more of a risk that the car is not going to be good for the race. Granted, Checo also plays a huge part in that.

Big Tea

toraabe wrote:
I can not see it happening. I feel more likely he will build such a gap in the first couple of laps he will not be seen again and be too far out in front to let Checo pass. Hope I am wrong.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

Big Tea wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 19:55
toraabe wrote:
I can not see it happening. I feel more likely he will build such a gap in the first couple of laps he will not be seen again and be too far out in front to let Checo pass. Hope I am wrong.
Im sure Max could quite easily do that. But I think the team, and Max, realises that the threat is from behind for Checo so will have to be in a position to cover Charles off for him.

Id like to see Max be there for Checo if he is under threat. Only other way is to pull a massive gap and drop infront of Charles at the pit window.

So really would need a 23-25second lead to cover Charles off that way. Then its the risk of Charles pitting soon after so its not likely to play out like it did with Checo/Lewis in '21.

Wouter

Christian Horner about Ricciardo and next year. "IF he signes." :lol:

Ricciardo about next year and RB. Look at his face ....... :lol:

The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Apparently in Q2, when Checo set that mega 1.24.3 out of nowhere, he came to the pits and said the car was too pointy :lol:

Pointy = fast.

RZS10

He trimmed down his FW a bit after that, yep.

toraabe
toraabe

chrisc90 wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 20:00
Big Tea wrote:
toraabe wrote:
Im sure Max could quite easily do that. But I think the team, and Max, realises that the threat is from behind for Checo so will have to be in a position to cover Charles off for him.

Id like to see Max be there for Checo if he is under threat. Only other way is to pull a massive gap and drop infront of Charles at the pit window.

https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... /image.png

So really would need a 23-25second lead to cover Charles off that way. Then its the risk of Charles pitting soon after so its not likely to play out like it did with Checo/Lewis in '21.
To prove for the fans who he is, it's payback time Max.

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

chrisc90 wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 20:00
Big Tea wrote:
toraabe wrote:

https://www.formula1.com/content/dam/fo ... /image.png

If Max is able to pull a 23-25 second lead over Charles then Checo should be in a position where he doesn't need help. If the pace is close then what Max will be instructed to do is concede position with Checo and defend him from Leclerc

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I think that much like Mexico, people are worrying about scenarios that will never happen or be required. Checo will not struggle to beat Charles tomorrow, mark my words. It will not require help from Verstappen. Ferrari's FP2 race runs were shockingly slow.

Wouter

The wish of this 17 year old boy from Pakistan Husnain Zaffar was to attend the final race and meet Max!
He is seriousely ill, he has a blood disorder. Today he met Max!

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Always good the team and the drivers go out their way to make things like this happen. Rare to see it in the paddock.